It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope singling out Trump for his wall is incredibly...stupid…and a blatant political statement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Looking to help ease the crisis, the pope urged some 120,000 parishes across Europe to take in one family each. His appeal has drawn a mixed response so far.

Reading is hard?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: grey580
Of course he has the right. As the States have the right to tax the Church
Abortion is wrong (except some cases), but this isn't about that.

Of course. I was merely using that to illustrate a point.

That some politicians in this country are pushing laws based upon a religious belief.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Whats wrong with the pope having his say.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What is the pope now, a televangelist? Maybe a future 'Tonight Show' host or the next Colonel Sanders?

Surely the pope has better things to do than give his opinion on the circus of US politics. Unless of course, the papacy is also subject to wealthy political influence....

Just another greed driven agenda, without doubt.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No he doesn't, he 's not voicing "opinion" he's trying to get all the Catholics to follow his lead/orders/pontifications.

He has a great responsibility to not enslave and abuse people, but he is a very dark man indeed!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

No he doesn't, he 's not voicing "opinion" he's trying to get all the Catholics to follow his lead/orders/pontifications.

He has a great responsibility to not enslave and abuse people, but he is a very dark man indeed!

Here's the quote.

"I'd just say that this man is not Christian if he said it in this way," Francis told reporters in a mid-flight press conference after a trip to Mexico.

"A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian," Francis said, according to the Associated Press's translation of the press conference.

I don't see him ordering catholics to not vote for trump. If he had said something along those lines then I'd be in agreement with you.

And can you please provide proof that he's a dark man.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hes made plenty of political statements.........

Its funny watching Trump supporters freak out over ever little thing though.......

Super hyper sensitive , which I find ironic because they support a man who is known for insulting people and basically the grand nozzel of douchebags

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This from a pope whose own country (The vatican is its own country) is surrounded by walls and has one of the most restrictive immigration / citizenship requirements on the planet.

The pope should stick to losing his temper while meeting the masses than wading into US politics. Especially given the scandals that have occurred within the catholic church and the lack of response from vatican leadership. Aside from covering the scandals up. Questioning a persons faith... just wow.

Can we question the popes faith when he protects kiddy diddlers?
edit on 18-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 1KINGHUGO
Religion has a say so here?
What is right about it?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

did you miss the posts on the 1st page that covered some of that?

here's one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hypocrites have always bothered me. Especially with such an outlandish example of hypocrisy.

The Vatican's wall.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Het there sports fans,,,,I would like now ...

to tell ya all about what the Scripture says about the pope........no, you DON'T want me to tell about this screw-job wimpy shrimp individual that thinks he is God on earth....whom did publish officially that to let the lay people read the Bible without the church's guidance is

get this now

is dangerous

et add....I ainta goin ta say nuthin....
edit on 18-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Then all those Europeans who don’t want any Syrians in their country aren’t Christians either.

The pope has done and said some great things this isn't one of them.

Is what Hillary Clinton did to Libya a Christians actions.

George Bush to Iraq

You got to go all in pope or just stay out of it or continue with empty platitudes

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If you're going to get on these evil politicians and their inhuman acts you got to go all in pope

You can’t single out one politician and one policy in a vacuum you got to like Jesus did...

Get in all of their cases

Denounce the whole greedy rotten capitalist system as unchristian and keep at it

You can’t be half pregnant.

Make people tired of hearing it

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Indigent

www.theguardian.com...

Parishes as well are taking in immigrants.

I know a family that took in a family through their church; not Catholic. I have heard of large numbers of churches taking in refugees, are the Mosques and Muslim families taking in refugees and asylum seekers? I haven't heard of this happening.

April is Sexual Abuse Awareness Month, we did an outreach in the local communities, and got a good response from the local churches. When I asked if we had done an outreach to the local Mosque, I was told we are not allowed to approach the Mosques as it may offend some of the people and they may view it as a criticism and Anti-Islamic.

So are the Mosque not allowed to be approached for support and providing for the refugees and asylum seekers as well?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Nope.. I read the op and responded to his post. Is there any reason people cant have the same thoughts?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yep, the poop needs to mind his own business. It really was the dumbest thing to say, even if You hate Trump, cumon.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
1. Pope Francis didn't "single out Trump" — he was asked a direct question about Donald Trump by a reporter.

2. He also qualified his response (source):

Asked whether he would try to influence Catholics in how they vote in the presidential election, Francis said he “was not going to get involved in that” but then repeated his criticism of Mr. Trump, with a caveat.

“I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that,” Francis said. “We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.”

3. Yes, Vatican City has walls. Walls that are centuries old and built to defend it against medieval armies, not people who are trying to sneak across a border to work jobs that most of us wouldn't consider doing. Vatican City is also less than a quarter of a square mile in area and hosts 6 million tourists a year (6%-8% what the US does) who visit its museums, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The Pope aught to be extremely criticized for singling out Donald Trump and saying his stupid plan to build a wall isn’t Christian.

The pope is in a unique place, and perfectly capable of saying that Jesus taught to build bridges, and that vain Klown Trump, who touts his own Xtianity set himself up for the correct criticism!
Trump is all about walls, and greed and selfish and vanity, and anyone with their eyes open can see he's no Xtian!
He is a pretend Xtian, a liar!
And was called on it.
Yes, most other politicians are built of the same crap, but this one sticks his neck out and thinks that his $$$ impresses God!
It sure the fk doesn't!

I guess that the pope isn't on his payroll, either!
edit on 18-2-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The established centers of power and wealth sure don't like Trump. The Pope echoes the MSM and those in power. Trump gives a voice to those who have none and those who have don't have true representation in the media or political process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join