It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Veteran attacked in DC McDonalds after being asked if he thinks "black lives matter"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... 1e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html

Yes, it's Washington Post. It's only because, even though this incident happened several days ago, your favorite progressive News outlets CNN and MSNBC haven't covered the story - I checked. Curious. Though, I have an inkling that had 4 White people asked a lone Black Person in a McDonald's if they didn't like the Confederate Flag, then followed him outside, punched or potentially pistol whipped him unconscious robbed him then kicked him a few more times on the ground for good measure, that they would be all over it like flies on s***. Just a hypothesis. (Let's hope it doesn't get to the experimental phase)

A former U.S. Marine was assaulted at a downtown Washington McDonald’s restaurant Friday night in an attack the victim said was racially motivated, according to D.C. police.

Christopher Andrew Marquez — who attends American University and ran unsuccessfully for Congress in 2014 in California — said in an interview that the attack occurred after several black youths asked him whether “black lives matter” and then called him racist.

Marquez, who is Hispanic, called the incident unprovoked. It occurred at the restaurant in the 900 block of E Street NW.

Now, not that he's any more important than say if I were to have been attacked by several "youths" (who,coincidentally, all have different skin colors than me in a city where about twice the residents also have a different skin color than me), but many of you have likely seen this veteran before. His name is Christopher Marquez, and he is immortalized in this picture, seen carrying his wounded First Sergeant in the battle of Fallujah (closest to the camera)

I've said it a hundred times, and unfortunately I will likely have to say it a thousand more.

Black Lives Matter is a racist organization. Obama has decimated racial relations in this country, starting after he secured the Democratic Nomination in 2008.

In addition to the ridiculous over-representation of Black on White Crime (when compared to White on Black Crime). In addition to the knockout game that disproportionally targets White people, in addition to the President strategically commenting on sensational cases (Henry Louis Gates - Cambridge ; Trayvon Martin ; Michael Brown ; Muslim Girls murdered in a parking lot dispute) to say "See?! America is still racist!" regardless of the isolation and unique circumstances of such cases. This is what it has come to. Though they are not labelled as hate crimes (because we all know, and even Eric Holder himself said it: Hate Crimes aren't designed to protect White people), I increasingly see reports where the perpetrator is African American, and the victim is white, and in no such position to having done anything offensive or oppressive or racist to the Black Person, they were just "randomly picked".

This is what the Progressive movement has done to America. You always hear about how African Americans are disadvantaged and discriminated against by Companies and Police. What about the innocent White people just trying to eat a hamburger at McDonald's who are supposedly "randomly" picked out in a predominantly African American city for Aggravated Assault and Robbery? What did those people do to be victimized besides being white? It's absolutely ridiculous to think that just because an African American doesn't call his victim a "cracker" as he's committing the crime, that it automatically isn't a hate crime. George Zimmerman didn't call Trayvon the N-Word, and the entire country thinks he's racist. It's been proven Darren Wilson acted within all City, State and Federal Laws in his shooting of Brown, but apparently he's still racist. But here we have a decorated Marine Veteran (who only looks white) being assaulted in our nations capitol by a group of African Americans who ask him if "black lives matter", then call him a racist for not taking the bait, who then proceed to assault and rob him. You progressives, your media and your dear leader President Obama are deafeningly silent on the issue. Random African American teenager who has a history of violence and fighting and who idolizes thug culture is shot after he attacks a man? President Obama will be right there to tell the country that he see's Trayvon Martin as his son.

A decorated Marine Veteran with a clean service record, almost a decade in military service and trying to start his Political Career (As a Democrat no less) is cornered in a McDonalds, by himself, late at night, by a group of African Americans who proceed to beat and rob him immediately after asking him if he thinks "black lives matter"? No, nothing to see here, move right along. Let's tell American how 'obstructionist' Republicans in Congress are.

Discuss.

As always, please keep it civil. I know my post is a bit long, but there is sustenance in it. I only wish to address an issue that is becoming more prevalent every day (race relations), that is seemingly accelerating at a pace faster than can be addressed, here in Obama's last year in office.

edit on 18-2-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

It was a crime motivated by racism.

The punks should be arrested and placed into jail.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Are all black people part of it? Or are these just 3 ignorant teens that decided to ask the question to justify their stupid actions. www.snopes.com...

So while it's true Marquez was involved in an altercation and subsequently robbed, the identities of the suspects remained unknown. Police in Washington, D.C. told us that there was no evidence of a link between the dispute and Black Lives Matter activism, nor did any police reports suggest the teens were already wanted for a "previous incident."

You are making a lot of connections based on three teens that ID's are not known.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The best part of the story:

"I believe this was a hate crime and I was targeted because of my skin color," Marquez, who is Hispanic, told the Daily Caller. "Too many of these types of attacks have been happening against white people by members of the black community and the majority of the main stream media refuses to report on it."

www.military.com...

He got a jab in at the liberal lamestream media, good for him.

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

In regards to those particular perpetrators - they have just answered their own question as to whether or not black lives matter.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

In regards to those particular perpetrators - they have just answered their own question as to whether or not black lives matter.

Is that all black people's lives? Just want to be clear on how racist we're being here.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ya know BLM may not be inherently racist, but man they sure do draw the racist ones out of the wood works... If I had a dime for every time something like this happened...well...I would have a nice pile of dimes. It also seems like those who are organizers and mouth pieces for the BLM would want to come out and distance themselves from these types of actions yet I never see anything about that. Maybe it isn't very publicized but then again I don't think anyone is trying very hard to put that message out there.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The first 6 words of my post answer that, but, feel free to interpret it as racist - it's your call.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Black people can't be racist, silly. They're all victims, the news and Obama administration have shown me the light.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Meh nm.
edit on thThu, 18 Feb 2016 18:06:16 -0600America/Chicago220161680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well, you're the one that felt the need to say black lives matter, as opposed to something like how much THEIR lives matter. So I guess black lives don't matter if they're suspected of criminal activity?

Strange. ATS rails against a black person for making unsubstantiated claims of racism directed at them. Non black person does? Over and done with. Get a rope, them lives don't matter!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3
Black people can't be racist, silly. They're all victims, the news and Obama administration have shown me the light.

Saying blacks can't be racist is just as racist as saying blacks can't feel love or blacks can't be doctors.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So I guess black lives don't matter if they're suspected of criminal activity?

You are clearly interpreting my words to fit your preconceived narrative about what you think I am saying.

Sorry, but I do not pigeon-hole entire races because of the actions of a few. These particular perpetrators who attacked the veteran get none of my sympathy, or does the racist BLM movement.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: EightTF3

Saying blacks can't be racist is just as racist as saying blacks can't feel love or blacks can't be doctors.

I'm sure they can't be racist from following the news. I had no idea they couldn't be Dr.'s or feel love. That's terrible! They all have it so rough
edit on 18-2-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Couldn't care less, if it touches me and I don't want it to ,I will fight.
I can do kids REAL quick if they get froggy.
BLAME me?
Worried about YOUR kids getting offed by someone LIKE me?
Sucks when you don't spank doesn't it?
ALL will be treated the same as I expect to be treated,if I don't like you I ignore you.
SIMPLE.

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This becomes yet another example of why I and many other black people have distanced our selves from the black community...This type of racially motivated incident would honestly make MLK role in his damn grave.
smh...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So I guess black lives don't matter if they're suspected of criminal activity?

You are clearly interpreting my words to fit your preconceived narrative about what you think I am saying.

Sorry, but I do not pigeon-hole entire races because of the actions of a few. These particular perpetrators who attacked the veteran get none of my sympathy, or does the racist BLM movement.

Hardly. I just always find it shocking when somebody so casually says another human's life doesn't matter, based off the narrative provided by one person.

No interpretation needed. Read ya 5 by 5

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I guess those 3 didn't think "all lives mattered".

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'm guessing they didn't really care whether this guy thought black lives matter or not. They just wanted his money. Crack doesn't pay for itself you know.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Are all black people part of it? Or are these just 3 ignorant teens that decided to ask the question to justify their stupid actions. www.snopes.com...

So while it's true Marquez was involved in an altercation and subsequently robbed, the identities of the suspects remained unknown. Police in Washington, D.C. told us that there was no evidence of a link between the dispute and Black Lives Matter activism, nor did any police reports suggest the teens were already wanted for a "previous incident."

You are making a lot of connections based on three teens that ID's are not known.

Are all White people a part of the segment of the population that discriminates / is racist to black people? Or is it just ignoramuses that are overwhelmingly not supported by the majority of White people?

Also, your article in and of itself does a very good job at what I mentioned in my OP: That just because Marquez attackers weren't calling him racial epithets while they beating and robbing him that it wasn't a hate crime. While in other cases, like the 3 Muslims that were killed in North Carolina, even though there was no direct evidence, the MSM and even Obama himself were scraping the bottom of the barrel to turn it into a hate crime, even though the man had more of a hatred for Christians than for Muslims.

This all despite the fact that Whites, with Blacks are about Twice as likely to be victims of inter-racial (black on white) murder. But as I said, and you have only reinforced that point. When Whites are the perpetrators of inter-racial crime, there is more of a chance that they will be tried in a court of Liberal Media Opinion for racism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join