It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Baby Dolphin Died in Argentina After Being Manhandled by Tourists for Pictures!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The level of my rage was so uncontrollable, I had to go to the range to vent my anger! WTF Man!!!!! WTFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inhabit
The beaches of Argentina are a tourist hotspot, known as a great place for relaxing and soaking up the rays. However, a crowd of tourists got overzealous last week at the opportunity to take selfies with a baby dolphin, and the result was disastrous. After being plucked from the ocean and manhandled by tourists, along with another dolphin, the dolphin suffered from dehydration and died.
The baby dolphin who perished is a Franciscana dolphin, also known as La Plata River dolphin – a rare species that only lives off the coast of southeastern South America. They are listed as a “vulnerable” species, but it seems unlikely that any of the tourists will face charges for their part in the dolphin’s death.

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS MAY CAUSE SADNESS AND RAGE

Assholes, did noone have the decency to knock out the teeth of the gentleman who took it out of the water and try and put it back?? Clearly not. Dolphins are my comfort creature, I cannot stand to see them harmed.
edit on 2/18/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It's not a baby, it's a rare mini dolphin. It's believed there are 30,000 of them left and are almost on the endangered species list. May these tourist be arrested.
edit on 18-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
looks dead already to me.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The freeze frame on the video alone is enough to make me sick to my stomach. I can't even bring myself to watch it.

Long live the humans?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Make that 29,999 now

I don't understand the need to attempt to pick up wild animals and pet them, it's a shame it wasn't a shark and bit the mans arms off so he can't meddle with wildlife ever again. When I was on a cruise the dolphins were jumping in the sea following the ship, it was a nice experience to see but I never once had the thought of "hey it would be cool to pick one up and fondle it"

The sad thing is as human population keeps growing, all the cool wildlife populations diminish

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It was still moving in the first video as the man who should be target practice was holding it out of the water.

a reply to: Swills

Males grow to 1.6 m (5 ft, 3 in) and females to 1.8 m (5 ft, 10 in)

Videos and images are very clear, I hope someone is at the very least charged.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

this kinda thing makes me real mad 😡

It's times like this that I realise that humanity is a cancer on this planet.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So there was this group/Tourist that 'plucked' a dolphin out of the water...... and killed it!!!!
and everybody believes the 'LAMESTREAM" media version...like they never lie.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm always happy to read article with title;

"person died when taking a selfie"

People suck big time, waddup with those selfies?!

How would future generations call this culture, i always wonder.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It's sad to say, but things like this need to happen. The people involved in this probably didn't know better and got caught up in the excitement/hype of the moment. It's no excuse BUT I bet you any of them who have a heart are feeling guilty about this now.

It will also wake up loads of people who wouldn't think twice about picking up/handling/taking selfies with animals, since now this tragic story might remind them of the potential consequences.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I like how they blame only the "tourists" for this, as if there weren't any local Argentinians hanging out on the beach that day.

And if it were only tourists, where were the locals to stop this madness?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16
Over a minor issue like this? It'd be idiotic to think they are lying. I understand this is a conspiracy site, but the motto is to "deny ignorance" and yes, the mainstream media, although largely propaganda, does have some legitimate information.

edit on 18-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
proof that narcissism kills and social media has poured gasoline on the fire.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think the very least the local authorities can do, if there is not already, is put up some signs in multiple languages discouraging visitors from attempting to handle wildlife, with legal consequences in fine print. In the images I see some people appear more distraught than excited, perhaps at the horror of the situation??

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I just saw this and was about to post it myself. This is an epitome of the narcissistic epidemic we are in.

It's not so strange to distance yourself from society anymore. In fact, I would call that healthy.

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Stupidity is not a crime so unless this was an endangered species, no charges will be filed.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It was still moving in the first video as the man who should be target practice was holding it out of the water.

No it wasn't. Dead as a Dodo.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

People have a deep love affair with the intelligent, friendly looking ocean mammals,

Apparently they're not as intelligent as indicated, or they'd stay out of reach of old ham hands that grabbed this one.

Not a cool story,

edit on 18-2-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
So there was this group/Tourist that 'plucked' a dolphin out of the water...... and killed it!!!!
and everybody believes the 'LAMESTREAM" media version...like they never lie.

Yip...Media BS, It was already deceased.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Need to hold responsible those who were involved.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join