It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Supreme Court Sidesteps Gay Adoption Case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
No child should be subjected to an crippled environment if it is possible for them not to be.

Ah Joe, did you even glance at any of those articles I posted above
Remember that medical organizations like the AMA and the Pediatric version by nature are very conservative with thier opinions on matters.

'ah, Fred'

glance? I read them. I have read virtually everything you have linked in any story Fred.

Your sources seem to indicate - - - -

So what- doesn't mean a thing other than 'propensity to'

Like drugs and alkies, there are a lot of things going on in humans that could be considered either indicators or excuses, what matters is what happens.

Like the woman in Texas that killed her children (notice I did NOT say murder). She was crazy. She should have been in a treatment center and those children would still be alive. But no, she didn't fit some 'profile.'

Examples abound in human existence of people that more easily could have done one thing instead of another and chose not to.

I might have a prediliction to peyote' and jangaweed- doesn't mean I should partake now does it?

Back to the 'rub'
'a crippled environment' is not just accurate it is factual.

It appears to me that you are arguing is that it is O.K. to subject a child to an environment if the parental figures are ' ' ' nice folks ' ' '

I don't buy it. I think it is wrong for the child. If homosexuals feel the need for something akin to child rearing let them get a pet.

Child REARING- part of this is example. Any child that grows up with a hate filled environment probably (not assuredly) will suffer. Also, any child raised in an environment of conflicting signals will probably (again, not assuredly) suffer.

A child raised by homosexuals would 'natuarally' tend toward acceptance of that life style as acceptable and desireable. The 'I was born this way' argument is hollow.

I'm not saying that children should be taught to hate or denigrate people because of differences, I'm saying that children shouldn't be placed in environments that by the nature of the envirnoment adds difficulties.

Children have enough trouble just being kids. Why add to their life challenges?

and it still makes no sense to me that a homosexual couple would want a child- where's the logic in this?

<< 1   >>

join