It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hilary the Lesser Evil in 2016?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Screw it.

I wonder if our collective sanity could withstand a press conference?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Cthulhu may be for destroying humanity and sending us to a pit of eternal damnation, but before I vote for him, what's his stance on a flat tax rate, and immigration?

He feels a flat tax rate of 14% would lead to increased revenue while the immediate closing of loopholes would enable the budget to be covered during a revenue ramp up period. And then he will make us all insane.

-Paid for by Cthulhu for President 2016

Ahh-ha! Could he actually close the loopholes? He may be an Elder God from before dimensional space, but he's never dealt with Super PAC's.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
I wonder if our collective sanity could withstand a press conference?

Like watching Jake Carney tap dance around the issues was not insanity inducing already?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Cthulhu may be for destroying humanity and sending us to a pit of eternal damnation, but before I vote for him, what's his stance on a flat tax rate, and immigration?

He feels a flat tax rate of 14% would lead to increased revenue while the immediate closing of loopholes would enable the budget to be covered during a revenue ramp up period. And then he will make us all insane.

-Paid for by Cthulhu for President 2016

Ahh-ha! Could he actually close the loopholes? He may be an Elder God from before dimensional space, but he's never dealt with Super PAC's.

He is offering full scholarships to Arkham University.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

He will appoint Shub-Niggurath to deal with the Super PACs. Nothing a little human sacrifice will not remedy.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Wait until the first time you try your free Cthulhu-Phone and you get Azathoth on the line.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

a reply to: Metallicus

I'm not convinced we know how evil 2016 will be.

Even before Scalia died, I had considered this a single issue election regarding supreme court appointments.

While I wasn't much of a Trump proponent, the fact that his sister is a federal judge of the liberal variety is disturbing.

Like him or not, it looks like Cruz is the only option, maybe Rubio if necessary.

But Cruz is one of the main guys running to take liberties away from the people!

You really want someone to drag "god" into this mess?

No, he's the only constitutional candidate. He's not a theocrat.

I can't say for sure if he is honest and trustworthy and there are lots of stories to check out still.

So far, each hit piece has turned out to be incorrect or misleading.

Cruz not a theocrat? Glenn Beck and Cruz's father think Cruz is fulfilling a divine mission. Cruz just reminds me of a tv evangelist who claims he is holier than thou on one hand while being truly sleazy on the other.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I'm not convinced we know how evil 2016 will be.

Even before Scalia died, I had considered this a single issue election regarding supreme court appointments.

While I wasn't much of a Trump proponent, the fact that his sister is a federal judge of the liberal variety is disturbing.

Like him or not, it looks like Cruz is the only option, maybe Rubio if necessary.

But Cruz is one of the main guys running to take liberties away from the people!

You really want someone to drag "god" into this mess?

No, he's the only constitutional candidate. He's not a theocrat.

I can't say for sure if he is honest and trustworthy and there are lots of stories to check out still.

So far, each hit piece has turned out to be incorrect or misleading.

Cruz not a theocrat? Glenn Beck and Cruz's father think Cruz is fulfilling a divine mission. Cruz just reminds me of a tv evangelist who claims he is holier than thou on one hand while being truly sleazy on the other.

For one thing, I have never heard him say that he wants to create new laws based on religion.

The primary differentiating feature of constitutionalists is that they recognize that the federal government should not be allowed to do very much at all.

Most things are best handled at more local levels of government or not interfered with at all.

No other candidate (besides Rubio) seems to understand that we are a federation of states.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Wait until the first time you try your free Cthulhu-Phone and you get Azathoth on the line.

Coon and friends can run the grassroots campaign in the midwest.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

You have no idea how much I enjoyed that three-parter.

I know I am half joking in this thread and my voter apathy is showing but I really would be tempted to vote for Cthulhu and send everyone to Carcosa just for fun.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Reading this OP really makes me sad...sigh......How could a candidate, Bernie Sander's, being elected by the people, against all odds not be positive for America ? Like Ron Paul, he is technically a "third" party candidate running as a Democrat for practical reasons of getting elected. It's the MESSAGE and VISION that really matter in this election....No More Corporate owned Government !

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: greencmp

You have no idea how much I enjoyed that three-parter.

I know I am half joking in this thread and my voter apathy is showing but I really would be tempted to vote for Cthulhu and send everyone to Carcosa just for fun.

Have you ever played the rpg "Call of Cthulhu"?

It was done very well and was a completely different game from other rpgs in that you basically couldn't interact with anything without going insane.That and Shadowrun were great!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is merely an opinion from a South African, who is an Empath,who is also mildly psychic/clairvoyant. That woman is pure evil.Ted Cruz would apparently like to bring America to a theocracy..Sanders may mean well but i doubt his good intentions are going to benefit All.Any Bush is off-limits,imo,which leaves Trump,if i'm correct.

Either way,imo America is screwed.Trump actually seems the lesser of the evils at this time.

Good luck,whoever gets to be prez,you are going to need it.My sincere sympathy,from a country ruled by the ANC+Jacob Zuma.Hate to be ya

edit on 18-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hillary isn't the lesser evil in the seventh circle of hell.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'll be honest, there isn't a single person in this race from the two major parties that I wouldn't vote for instead of Hillary. Not one of them. She's the absolute worst possible outcome: a big government authoritarian who will do and say absolutely anything for power. No thank you. Even Bernie Sanders, who has a similar political ideology, would be an improvement. I think that, bad policies aside, he, at least, has relatively good intentions. I do not believe that for one instant about Hillary.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I do not support any candidate that is currently running on either side of the aisle in 2016. This fact once again puts me in the position of voting for the 'lesser evil' as I have the last two Presidential election cycles. This is where even if the person you voted for wins you end up feeling a little bit nauseous after election day.

I'm done voting for our oppressor. I simply refuse to do so. Either one of the candidates steps up to the plate and vows to research and redress our grievances -- specifically, the gross abuse of power and force by federal agencies -- or I write-in LaVoy Finicum. Easy peasy. My vote alone won't change anything in government no matter who I vote for... but at least I can still live with my conscience.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I am going to 'throw away my vote' for Zombie Thomas Jefferson with a Vice Presidential pick of Undead James Madison.

Haha! I really really hope you do!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Excellent OP! I've been thinking pretty much along the same lines. It occurred to me that Hilary would be pretty much an Obama redux in that Obama hasn't been able to do a whole lot because of obstructionism. So, if we can safely assume that the reaction to a Hilary will be to keep the opposition in power in the Congress, then she'll be pretty much a lame duck as Obama has been since 2012.

There are however, two downsides to Hilary. 1) The assault on the 2nd Amendment would be accelerated via the Supreme Court and 2) Hilary is described as a "Hawk" so she'll gladly put boots on the ground to be turned into ground meat in Syria.

Sanders would be an interesting President but again, he'd doubtless reign in the 2nd Amendment. The upside to Sanders is that he's a pacifist so he would probably continue to exit US military from the rest of the world. And Sanders would probably nationalize the health care system which would be a big savings for most Americans so that's a plus for Sanders.

I'd never be able to vote for either one of them and I can't stand any of the Republican candidates so I'll probably chose to sit this one out. You might want to chose to do the same

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Hillary would be Obama on steroids. The lesser evil? No no nope no no God Jesus absolutely not. She is the greatest evil anyone could ever imagine. I would rather have a republican nominate the next 8 Supreme Court judges than ever see a Hillary POTUS.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

So you honestly believe she could get anything done? Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join