It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Thinks God Killed Antonin Scalia To Help Ted Cruz Get Elected President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Glenn Beck Thinks God Killed Antonin Scalia To Help Ted Cruz Get Elected President

Ready to enter the realm of the crazy? Noted conspiracy theorist talking head Glenn Beck seems to think that God killed Scalia to entice voters to to vote for Ted Cruz. Um... What?

In video posted online by Right Wing Watch, the talk show host explained that God may have killed the conservative justice to make a point -- specifically to jolt Americans into realizing how important their freedom is so that they vote for Ted Cruz to pick Scalia's replacement.

Beck called into his show -- "The Glenn Beck Program," which is on his own network, The Blaze -- to explain why God couldn't wait until after the election to allow Scalia to die.

At first Beck said he wouldn't assume to know the deity's plan, and said his initial reaction to the news of Scalia's death was (a presumably sarcastic) "thank you."

"After I got past the 'thank you' I thought 'you’re welcome,'" Beck said, explaining what he thought may have been God's response.

He then continued, from the point of view of God:

"I just woke the American people up. I took them out of the game show moment and woke enough of them up to say, look at how close your liberty is to being lost. You now have lost your liberty. You replace one guy, and you now have 5-4 decisions in the other direction. Just with this one guy, you've lost your liberty -- so you'd better elect somebody that's going to put somebody on (the Supreme Court) because for the next 30 years, if you don't, the Constitution as you know it... the Constitution is hanging by a thread. That thread has just been cut, and the only way that we survive now is if we have a true constitutionalist."

So apparently not only does God care about American politics, but He's a Republican and cares about partisanship. Way to go Glenn politicizing Scalia's death and God to support Cruz. Talk about low. If I were Cruz, I'd have denounced this idiocy immediately, but it's Cruz we are talking about here. He probably agrees with it completely.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Does he mean, kind of the same way he got rid of the captian in Danial's army, after he saw her bathing on her roof top?

I guess most anything is possible for some people to "believe">

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
(Warning violent material on linked site)
If you have ever seen Scanners, then you will know what I mean.

The title of this thread made my head explode!!!!!!

lol, crazy going to be crazy.

edit on 18-2-2016 by hubrisinxs because: fixed warning

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

.....and everyone think that Trump is bat sh!t crazy, which he is, but it's out front, in your face. Then we have Ted Cruz's surrogates like Glen Beck telling that basically Cruz is being paved a way due to divine intervention. This coincides with Cruz's father saying Cruz is one of God's anointed kings. Cruz probably believes it is God's will that he becomes POTUS, which is a more frightful scenario than Trump's ego.

"In a sermon last year at an Irving, Texas, megachurch that helped elect Ted Cruz to the United States Senate, Cruz' father Rafael Cruz indicated that his son was among the evangelical Christians who are anointed as "kings" to take control of all sectors of society, an agenda commonly referred to as the "Seven Mountains" mandate, and "bring the spoils of war to the priests", thus helping to bring about a prophesied "great transfer of wealth", from the "wicked" to righteous gentile believers. link to video of Rafael Cruz describing the "great transfer of wealth" and the role of anointed "kings" in various sectors of society, including government, who are to "bring the spoils of war to the priests".
www.alternet.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Glenn Beck has gone off the reservation I think.

I am not sure why Beck thinks that God would be concerned with "man's law" at any rate. Most believers believe that God's own law trumps man's every time so if He were going to worry about laws...

He will catch some flack for this I would imagine. Maybe not from his followers, but from a lot of other folks.

That's a wild, outrageous claim he's made and it seems like they get wilder and more outrageous every time I hear of one.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

There are none further from God, than those who would seek to link his will to that of any political entity.

What utter nonsense.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Ok, so which God killed him ? Can't be the Bible God because that would remove Scalia's free will to live

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm not even Christian and I can agree with that.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

My lord, Glen Beck and his pontificating in regards God, like he has a direct line. Look like we more than agree again...God wants Cruz to be president eh? Shouldn't he be required to slay a giant? Very unbiblical of God to not follow protocol. Completely out of order, God wasn't supposed to slay an over weight judge....Cruz was supposed to sling a stone...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I wonder what's Satan's move....exciting

edit on 18-2-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
All our choices are nuttier than squirrel turds in some way. Are there no "normal" people out there who want the job?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yeah and I'm sure he thinks God makes him cry all the time to end world drought.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder if other countries are just watching and waiting for the U.S. to implode. No one who hates America need do anything but wait...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Glenn Beck is literally crazy, he says so himself but no worries because he also says he cured by spinning around in circles. I kid you not.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Glenn Beck is literally crazy, he says so himself but no worries because he also says he cured by spinning around in circles. I kid you not.

Wait... So, he was crazy and he's all better now? Something tells me the spinning didn't work.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Are you sure that's not how he talks to god? I'm wondering where he got that monologue from God.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Swills

Are you sure that's not how he talks to god? I'm wondering where he got that monologue from God.

It scares me when candidates claim they talk to God. Dubya said he talked to God about Iraq. Apparently God led him astray because it turned into one big clusterf#ck.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Someone should ask this question: What if Cruz does not win, or any of the Republicans, then does that mean?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Are we really surprised?

There is a reason talking heads like Beck are popular and that is because there are many people out there that take conspiracy to amazing levels of bat# crazy.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes, there was one man but he dropped out for lack of support. His name is Rand Paul.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join