It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 666 Beast and how to count in Hebrew

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's possibly beyond your frame of reference....the Holy Spirit tells me.....I will pray right now

that you get the spiritual vision.....this is identified by the reasoning that we don't use this world as the base for truth....you know....science doesn't have the last word......

so when we think of what are we....and thoughts about the beginning of time.......our minds short-circuit to null.....one can feel it......so Scripture actually addresses the beginning of time....

is it hindi religion that says at the start there were two boys in a nutshell in a tree....and they hatched out......

see what I mean.....you can not explain reality by starting with a worldly view.....:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ContraInfo

Haha, never seen that before. Where do you have your numbers from? According to 1Kings 11 «[Solomon] had 700 wives, who were princesses, and 300 concubines.» Solomon did however claim taxes and gathered a total of 666 talents of pure gold annually (1Kings 10) in the former chapter.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

In antiquity, Music was seen as the highest, most sacred form of knowledge.

It still is today.
Of course it is broadcast mostly in the form of mind control and doesn't have to.

Goethe said it was frozen architecture and wasn't half wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

In antiquity, Music was seen as the highest, most sacred form of knowledge.

It still is today.

Of course it is broadcast mostly in the form of mind control and doesn't have to.

Music's been reduced to an expression. An expression of what an elect few wants to communicate or bewitch the public with. Trending by the money. Popular music communicates desire for love mostly, soliciting liberal moral standards with sex posing as some sort of remedy for finding deeper meaning to the whole mystery. True enough, but hardly true enough. The mystery of life does start off with what starts pregnancies, I'll give them that.

There is still some of the old concepts left in music, but it's mostly love love love and maybe at best some unread book of Crowley on the shelf and some crystals with magical hippie powers. That's hardly a right entrance into the intrinsic nature of science or a sound gateway into understanding nature itself and the universe, there is so much to be said about music, down to the nitty gritty science of it, it's truly magnificent. Numbers like 3, 7, 12, 18, 33, 72, 144 etc. it's all about music. Great chunks of the Hebrew Old Testament is written as songs and poetry and can be recited with melodies serving deeper meanings to their given verses. There was a song that Moses sang, and that David later played, and which Solomon orchestrated and had choirs sing so the Temple shook and its stones vibrated.

I liked the music industry better when ugly people ruled it and we had stuff like Led Zeppelin and John Coltrane. And it's impossible to make money on records or streaming, so you need to have a tour management and be on the run 24/7. It's tougher being a working musician these days than being a top athlete.

Yes, that!

Looks like we managed to derail this completely, but I guess we have today's industry since we no longer count with fractions. The magic's gone. People hate what they should love and love what they should hate. «Hooray Jesus is nailed to the cross again!» and «Boohoo the Stradivarius is perfect!»
edit on 19-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

This isn't how to count in Hebrew.

Here is another system apparently still in use today, it's a bit more simplified, but it follows mostly the same system as I show in the OP, a system for writing dates:

library.queensu.ca...

And there's an example (it's common to omit thousands apparently, and 1932/33 was the Jewish year 5693):

According to this, 666 would read Heb. תרסו sounds same as
Gr. Ταρσῷ «Tarso» - «From Tarsus»
616 would read Heb. תריו sounds the same as
Gr. θηρίῳ «Therio» - «The Beast's»
Add a nun and you get Heb. תריונ (with sum=666) sounds the same as
Gr. θηρίον «Therion» - «The Beast»

Notice the last Hebrew תריונ shows these are not real words (numbers) since the last letter nun (נ) is not final (ן), but these «number-words» sound just like words of directly relevant Greek lexical entries.
Note that these are numbers producing words that for that matter doesn't really mean anything, other than that these ones I show in the OP are direct transliterations into Hebrew from Greek, that actually mean something.

I like to rub things in. Damn I love to be right!
edit on 19-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: Added explanations and example pic and some syntax + added Greek and links + «number-words»

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Frozen architecture? Guess that's what makes it cool, eh?

PS: I'm not really stalking you here (three replies in a row, two from the same post), I'm just rather slow....
edit on 19-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: ps

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I think it's great to see people study this and I must say I read your posts with pleasure.

Delightful feeling, is it not?

Just for contrast, omitting thousands and mixing alphabets, Moby Dick contains instructions on how to replace a muffler on a '54 Chevy.

Nah, orthopraxy, and then that feeling gets realer.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

None if that isnt ridiculous. What does it say what are you saying that was trash im not kidding just plain nonsense you don't know what you are talking about. The meaning of 666 is way deeper than that but you wouldn't be able to handle it nobody has the capacity. Once you figure it out you will know it.

edit on 19-2-2016 by Metatron365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

This isn't how to count in Hebrew.

Here is another system apparently still in use today, it's a bit more simplified, but it follows mostly the same system as I show in the OP, a system for writing dates:

library.queensu.ca...

And there's an example (it's common to omit thousands apparently, and 1932/33 was the Jewish year 5693):

According to this, 666 would read Heb. תרסו sounds same as
Gr. Ταρσῷ «Tarso» - «From Tarsus»
616 would read Heb. תריו sounds the same as
Gr. θηρίῳ «Therio» - «The Beast's»
Add a nun and you get Heb. תריונ (with sum=666) sounds the same as
Gr. θηρίον «Therion» - «The Beast»

Notice the last Hebrew תריונ shows these are not real words (numbers) since the last letter nun (נ) is not final (ן), but these «number-words» sound just like words of directly relevant Greek lexical entries.
Note that these are numbers producing words that for that matter doesn't really mean anything, other than that these ones I show in the OP are direct transliterations into Hebrew from Greek, that actually mean something.

And? Is that supposed to mean anything important? You still haven't said anything even with all those letters ya got no names. DON'T try telling me it's Nero. You don't know what is important about 616 either and it aint a person.
edit on 19-2-2016 by Metatron365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I think it's great to see people study this and I must say I read your posts with pleasure.

Delightful feeling, is it not?

Just for contrast, omitting thousands and mixing alphabets, Moby Dick contains instructions on how to replace a muffler on a '54 Chevy.

Nah, orthopraxy, and then that feeling gets realer.

I think you must've mistaken me for a religious man. I am not, I consider myself an atheist or at best agnostic. I understand God as the laws of physics, and the main driving force of evolution is love, sort or divine touch of elegance or something. I do believe in extra terrestrial life, and I believe some of the old bookes contain stories about encounters with some such ETs. I believe Jesus whom they call Christ lived and was a historical person or whatever, and left behind some pretty amazing traditions. I see life as we know it as highly advanced technology.

I think I am a good person, but that I struggle with things religion can't fix, only complicate, but the old bookes sucks me in like light in the darkness to a fly. I can't help it, I think Jesus and Moses are well worth the time spent with these stories. I guess I might seem dogmatic, but there are no expected faith or submission involved, only a genuine crush on ancient religious literature

edit on 19-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There is nothing important about any of this, it's moronic.

People intending to brand others over nonsense, hate, and a disease of the mind that desires to make sense of things... I could go outside look at clouds and see all sorts of symbolic crap too it doesn't make it real.

edit on 19-2-2016 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I think you must've mistaken me for a religious man.

Why must I have done any such thing?

While it is true that "orthopraxy" has had such connotation, "orthography" would have fit in that sentence too, although it does not include the practices of reading and interpreting.
It's quite tricky to surf between the sense of words according to those who coined them and the sense of words according to those who change them. When one says "I'm gay" (joyous), most people today assume "homosexual", and vice versa. I thought literal accuracy was still implied in such matters. Oh well. At least I'm actually gay.

I wish you and that literary crush the best.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think you must've mistaken me for a religious man.

Why must I have done any such thing?

Well...

While it is true that "orthopraxy" has had such connotation, "orthography" would have fit in that sentence too, although it does not include the practices of reading and interpreting.

To be honest, I have no idea what orthopraxy means, though the ortho- prefix would suggest correctness, as in ortho-doxy «correct faith». Praxy would suggest some sort of practical appliance of said correctness, so I assumed orthopraxy (though I am unable to find the word in any lexicon or dictionary) to mean something along the lines of «correct liturgical practice» correct me if I'm wrong, please fill the blanks here if you please, I'm slightly confused.

It's quite tricky to surf between the sense of words according to those who coined them and the sense of words according to those who change them. When one says "I'm gay" (joyous), most people today assume "homosexual", and vice versa. I thought literal accuracy was still implied in such matters.

Well, then you talk about something we would call changing semantics ==> en.wikipedia.org...

Oh well. At least I'm actually gay.

And I am very happy for you. I'm just boring.

I wish you and that literary crush the best.

One of my favorite poisons, thanks!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

please fill the blanks here

Doxa is a system of opinions, not faith necessarily.
Praxa is practice.

Well, then you talk about something we would call changing semantics ==> en.wikipedia.org...

Changing semantics is an interesting effect, and one of its multiple causes is intent.
I was impressed by the example of youth saying "sick" when referring to anything they found worthy of exclamation after hearing it on broadcasts.

The problem imo is that changing semantics is a slow process, during which words like "sick" or "gay" or "terrorism" mean both what they mean, and its exact opposite, causing diffusion.
Anyone thinking this confusion is not the purpose of the change in semantics is deluded and deceived, and I know this is an outlandish claim, so I add: studying the origins of changes in semantics, I find it impossible to reach a different conclusion, as sad as this one is.
Field-specific, such as professional, jargon is a common shield against the confusion caused by changing semantics.

edit on 64140v2016Saturday by wisvol because: orthography

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: 5StarOracle

This is a daily trend here on ATS now... attacks on Jesus based on fabrications

LOL -

Whatever buddy, all I see as a "trend" on ATS lately is the Right Wing Christians getting their knickers in a twist as soon as they are challenged about their archaic believes that they try to impose onto everyone else!

Your belief system is dying, build a bridge and get over it!!

I love that part about getting our knickers twisted as soon as we are challenged,our archaic believes we are
imposing onto everyone,our belief system that is dying...Any christian who reads their Bible are seeing prophecy
being fulfilled right before our eyes.We are getting even closer to seeing the Messiah returning soon.
Go ahead, all of you God-hating atheists,you will never be able to say that you weren't warned.WE are all voices
in the world crying...prepare ye the way of the Lord.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

please fill the blanks here

Doxa is a system of opinions, not faith necessarily.
Praxa is practice.

I suspected that. I am not a linguist as such, at best an amateur, but I've studied it a while, and like I said it's one of my «favourite poisons». I am learning still and though I find the subject interesting I may be unaware of certain conventions and doctrines. Which is why I am an amateur. My native language is not English, and when speaking in terms of linguistics, Norwegian and English have quite different terms or follow different orthography or conventions, which can be somewhat confusing at times. And sometimes a term in Norwegian may have a British «namesake» that has a completely different meaning. I tend to keep my own system, which is often somewhere in between Norwegian and English doctrine, so I keep mixing up these terms and doctrines at times. The landscape between languages can be awfully confusing at times, I am the first to admit that, like, I just happened to stumble upon a lingual oddity, and suddenly everybody is yelling and screaming, acting as if heaven and earth are gonna fall apart.

Changing semantics is an interesting effect, and one of its multiple causes is intent.
I was impressed by the example of youth saying "sick" when referring to anything they found worthy of exclamation after hearing it on broadcasts.

Hehe. It took me a while until I understood the [Sic.] thingie used in English. That said, quite ironically, the term «semantics» has turned into something of a misnomer these days, and especially in places like this. Semantics simply refers to what a lexical entry actually means, which is especially relevant in terms of Biblical Hebrew, where we are talking about texts written down over hundreds of years and recorded in many different stages and dialects, even completely different languages, like how Daniel is written in post-exilic Aramaic for the most part. And like you showed in your example, the word «gay» has more than one semantic meaning, given its context, ex. when in history it was used, and in which situation. Both «fun» and «homosexual» would be correct semantic definitions for the word «gay», but the lexicon would also likely explain the semantic change involved.

Semantic change often involves lingo and sub-cultures. When Edgar Allan Poe speaks of rapping he isn't talking about music and modern rap culture. Language and words can change and morph in the most bizarre ways. If any modern Briton went inside a time machine and travelled back to the time of the Norman conquest, he would most likely have had great troubles understanding anything at all of what people he'd meet there (or then
) said or wrote.
edit on 20-2-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: misc

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Six or the letter that 6 is assigned to means man/mankind this is why 666 represents a multitude. The book of numbers explains what a name and a number of a name means

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

All I know is 666 is referring to Solomon, not a lteral reincarnation but the Messiah of the Pharisees who were expecting a reinstitution of the glory of king Solomon in the Messiah, not a virgin birth, God in the flesh or a sacrificial atonement for sin. To this day it is the same.

What John is saying is beware of the Pharisees Messiah and Messianic expectations of. Also, he was talking about the future so clearly Nero is not was not and never will be the beast 666. Just a psychopath.

edit on 1-3-2016 by Mankind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mankind

All I know is 666 is referring to Solomon, not a lteral reincarnation but the Messiah of the Pharisees (...)

If this is all you know, it's time to learn more.
Pharisees had no Messiah, and Solomon collected a lot of gold, recorded to weigh 666 talents per year.
666 in that context refers to the tax, not to the man.
Collecting tax is common practice today among Muslim, Christian and Pagan royalty.
Jewish royalty levies no tax and hasn't for many generations. INRI already didn't.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol
Your turn to learn.

The seal of Solomon or HEXagram is a geometric symbol for 666. I'll tell you how. It has 6 points, individual triangles, and the inner HEXagon has 6sides.

So now you're going to tell me that it's a coincidence, impossible. One coincidence is fine, two is impossible and intellectually dishonest to push on people. You probably didn't know this so not your fault, but if you keep pushing it you're going to be proven wrong.

Pharisees didn't have a Meessianic prophecy is also incorrect, the reason they wanted Jesus dead was because he didn't fulfill their preconceived notions about the Messiah. They absolutely had Messianic expectations.

edit on 1-3-2016 by Mankind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join