It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck did we hear in Missouri this morning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
yep, the first thing a sonic boom does is get the windows a good one,,,....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

I know the feeling!
But okay, if there was alternating clear and o'cast, that cuts down the odds of people observing whatever-it-was, if it was something in the atmosphere.

Most likely explanation is a sonic boom. Yes, meteors can cause those, but it's a higher likelihood it was of human origin. However, that's boring and we like the more exotic.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Yep...my bet is a hypersonic boom from the Aurora....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
Hmm. Chicago here.

I was TCB, up on the roof (for privacy), around that time. 11:50 to 12:20 to be precise.

I didn't see nor hear nothin.

# 580

Having a hard time keeping up with the ever expanding use of text acronyms, must be getting old. TCB = Taking Care of Business? So dropping a deuce on the roof?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Normally, sir, I don't think in scatological terms, particularly when engaging in what is 'business', so I felt it might be a good idea to expand your vernacular sensibilities,
or lack thereof.

I was performing top secret stretching exercises.
Not only is this a necessary business, it is, too, a duty.

The interwebs has this strategy all wrong, can you believe it.

a reply to: dogstar23

# 581

edit on 18-2-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: millions weep a fountain just in case of sunrise

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Considering your proximity to Fort Leonard Wood, could it have been some kind of training exercise, or explosion on the base?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
You might compare what you heard to the reports here in Michigan from a week ago. I heard this one myself and it sounds like what you heard. I'm fairly confident it was F-16s hot dogging and causing a sonic boom.

Explosive "Boom" Heard in Six Michigan Counties

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Well, at least that takes "boring" out of the equation.

Even if Aurora doesn't exist...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Didn't hear anything in KC, but I was also in my office. However, it is a very quiet office.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

They did tests in Russia and Europe in the 70s and under the right conditions the secondary effects of the sonic boom were detected thousands of miles away. One Concorde flight was detected 3500 miles away.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There have been similar reports made in Missouri... 2013, 2014 and as recently as: Sept 5, 2015

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, my son talked to a friend who's also Nat'l Guard and it appears it was a sonic boom from a military plane. Mystery solved. Thanks folks, for all the answers

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One of the Missouri booms, from several years ago, was Tannerite. I think the source ended up being in the Verona area but it was heard as far away as Republic, 25-30 miles, and apparently shook the town of Mt. Vernon, about 10 miles away.

We had one in Columbia, 7-8 years ago. It was a sunny, clear, mid-summer morning. My son was at his school 15 miles from where I was at the time. When he got off the bus he asked me if I had heard it. A couple days later one of the local TV stations had a short spot saying they had investigated all avenues and not located a source.
edit on 18-2-2016 by Badgermole42 because: cause I did

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join