It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
At least 28 people have been killed and 61 injured in a car explosion in Ankara, Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister said. The blast happened in close proximity to the Turkish parliament building, and reportedly targeted military personnel.
Omer Celik, a spokesperson for Turkey's ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP), said on his Twitter account that the explosion was the result of a “cowardly terrorist attack.”
originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Now that you mention, it does seem a bit convenient that this detonation was caught from many angles with perfect views.
Syrian man behind Turkey bombing: reports
Turkish media reports say a Syrian national was behind the attack in Ankara that killed at least 28 people and wounded dozens of others.
Yeni Safak, a newspaper close to the government, reports the man who detonated the car bomb on Wednesday, which targeted buses carrying military personnel, was identified from his fingerprints.
It said he had been registered as a refugee in Turkey.
The pro-government newspaper Sabah said the man was linked to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK.