It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Calendar Ends On June 2nd, 2016 (Gregorian) or May 20th, 2016 (Julian)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: neutrinostargate
I think as a collective you're perceived as a troll, though I may be wrong. Correct me ATS if so.

Well, i dont know if he is a troll or not (you destroyed the thread before i got a chance to find out), but I DO KNOW that YOU are...

I only got through 5 or 6 pages, with about half the comments comming from you, and most of them being completly off topic

Sure, the OP could have started this dicussion a lot better then he did, but YOU only needed 1 post to tell him that. Instead of showing him how we do things on ATS, you decided to become exactly what you accused him to be, a TROLL!!

I miss the old ATS, before you guys showed up, and destroyed all threads with your endless spam. This is NOT your personal facebook wall, I DONT want to hear about you and your cat, so please keep that stuff to your self or post it on facebook where it belongs!

Sorry about the off topic rant, i dont have anything on topic to add, since a group of people with attention problems decided to destroy the thread with their attention seeking spam

Wish I could block them, but sadly, i cant

Good Luck

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
Yes you're off topic and outdated. I love having discussions. So yes I don't like people of your sort. And I don't spam, you should probably see what I type up. I actually contribute unlike this drivel to which I am replying. So go yell up someone elses arse. Good luck.

I suggest not replying lest you be the troll. If you wish for ACTUAL DISCUSSION PM me.

edit on 21-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
Yes you're off topic and outdated. I love having discussions. So yes I don't like people of your sort. And I don't spam, you should probably see what I type up. I actually contribute unlike this drivel to which I am replying. So go yell up someone elses arse. Good luck.

I suggest not replying lest you be the troll. If you wish for ACTUAL DISCUSSION PM me.

Yes, if i reply and challenge your statements, i must be a troll...

Yes, i have seen your are able to make good ON TOPIC discussions, but thats not what you did here, learn from what iam telling you, or not - no need for anymore discussion, have a nice day

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Someone asked me privately if I would write something on this post. They didn’t say why and they didn’t say what it was they wanted me to write. Personally, I wish they had asked a Moderator, rather than myself, but they didn’t. So, I kindly ask, please don’t shoot the messenger here, and I pray that I don’t waste people’s time by shooting blanks myself here. I also apologize ahead of time if I have inadvertently offended anyone here. My intent is not to offend but to simply share a solicited observation.

I have read this entire post three times already. I didn’t like reading it once. Not because of the OP and his ideas, but because of the experience of, well, ..the entire experience.

The OP posted a portion of some findings of his that he has obviously been working hard at for a long time, and he seemed excited, in a good way, to share his personal conclusions and how he came by them. I’ve read his previous posts and they were equally well thought out and received, except for some similar insults. There was one post associated with this one, from August of last year, that just stopped abruptly after the final insult. I’m adding that, because there are some false references to this present post as being a continuation of anther that he wrote “yesterday” but this was not a correct association from his challenger.

But regarding this post, he chose an already pointed out poor way of doing so, by announcing that he was about to announce something, and there is no need to rehash that. But I do think it would be a good idea to revisit not what happened, but the timing of what happened. I’m a firm believer in “timing is everything” and there’s an element to this unfortunate drama that seems to have been overlooked by everyone.

The gentleman made his original post at 9:20PM. Within 3 minutes, and before he had a chance to finish his announcement, which was in fact a multi-post endeavor due to its length, and perhaps why he had chosen to begin in the fashion that he chose, there was a challenge to his post. He stopped to respond to this challenger with a specific reply to the challenge.

Meanwhile, the second reply had come in, still within the first 5 minutes, and this one was nothing but pure insult. It is sad that that insult has received 21 stars thus far, and will probably receive more. But this unfortunate reply was immediately followed by two other posts. The third was a sarcastic comment, and I am no stranger to these, both making them and receiving them, but I can see where there was perhaps no insult intended, but just a short laugh at his expense, but then the fourth comment was leaning more towards insult than sarcasm again. And mind you, all this within the first 10 minutes.

After the first reply to a challenger, the author reacted to the second post, it being the first of many insults, with a bit of understandable frustration, for which he later apologized for, and said apology was later accepted. But right now, let’s keep to the timing of events as they unfolded.

His first challenger, who he had taken the time to respond to, is now insulting him, and getting 8 stars for it.

Another member makes a comment, I’m guessing just as an observer, but gets 9 stars for it.

The next poster calls him a young guppy, arrogant, and demeaning, etc. (As a newbie myself, I heed the warning and consider my own days here to be limited, but I am already beginning to feel that I have been here long enough.) She gets 11 stars for that.
Then someone shows interest, but calls him insulting and tells him there is no need to be mean. He gets 16 stars for that.

Next he’s told he’s being snippy and they get 7 stars.

To my surprise, the author is not deterred, but is replying, with his own hint of sarcasm to one of the first two insulters. He is not insulting. He is simply challenging his challenger and he gets 2 stars, one of them from me.

The author tells the next challenger, without sarcasm, just a smile, to stay tuned. He gets two stars for that, one of them from me.

Now, more sarcasm, but this one only 1 star.

And now it gets interesting. After all this mud slinging, with the author doing his best to keep up, and with all of 12 minutes having elapsed from the original post, the person who had added to the original insults and called him mean, is now saying that it would help if he actually posted his research. He gets 23 stars for that.

The author replies, and I will quote him, as it was an accurate reply (at 9:43PM):

Ok, but of course the trolls are going to come out with a topic like this. LOL I mean, I think people are tired of the Mayan 12/21/12 talk right? But then again, there will be some that want to see why the calendar is off and it wasn't 12/21/12 that the Long Count calendar ended but want to see what the correct date is.

I don’t see why this reply took so much flack. But here again he got 2 stars, one of them mine. What I liked about his reply was that he was admitting that many were tired of this topic but others weren’t, and those who were tired of it were, and I add my own words here, “reacting to the topic in a most unfortunate, immature and disruptive way.” (Yes, I know, my days here just got shorter.)

Simultaneously, another poster asks if he knows what happens on that date. He gets 23 stars for that. For the record, I don’t think this was the purpose of the OP, but to simply state his beliefs as to why the date was wrong.

Before the author has a chance to reply, he is now being called defensive, aggressive, he’s warned that he’s being studied, that he’s full of it, contributing nothing of substance, but he’s worth a laugh. She adds that she likes to read interesting topics, but not those on value of truth. 8 stars for that. And then she adds that he’s a troll, and asks ATS to correct her if she’s wrong. She gets 4 more stars. I give ATS zero. We are only 25 minutes into this post.

I wouldn’t think it possible, but it goes down hill from there. Even someone I admire is adding to the feeding frenzy. But he bravely manages to post his theories. What follows are four entire pages of insults, with way too many stars to count, but no indication until we get to Jinni73 at 12:29AM that anyone bothered to read his ideas. This is followed by a short time, a very short time, of serious discussion, but then around 3AM someone new jumps in with the insults and it just escalates down hill again.

In the morning, in the traditional sense of coffee and breakfast time, there is a continuation of serious discussion, until lunch time, when the original challengers, insulters and abusers awaken and a small feeding frenzy ensues. The first gets 1 star. She persists and gets another star or two with her defenses. Finally she gets no star.

The best post of all though, was one offered at 5:10PM

I'll admit I didn't read the thread. That said you're wrong.

Another reply from the one who seemed to cause them most disruption:

Frankly I am very busy right now…

And another reply:

Even if your math was dead-on, it means nothing.

That got another understandable reaction from the author at 12:50AM, having no doubt been up for a very long time.

And we are just on Page 9 of 12. Need I go on? How sad for this brilliant author. How sad for ATS. How sad for me. On Page 13 someone says something along my lines, but in a different fashion, and he’s shot down and accused of being off topic and outdated and referring againto the author’s post as dribble. Is there a referee in the house?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Yes, my post stating this:

"It's okay to say that the Mayan end of times prophecy was wrong. So was every other end of times prophecy so far. Just let it die."

did receive 21 stars. If you see this as an insult in any way...I just don't know how you honestly could.

Every single end of times prophecy has been wrong. It's a purely truthful, and in no way harmful statement.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Atsbhct because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Yes, my post stating this:

"It's okay to say that the Mayan end of times prophecy was wrong. So was every other end of times prophecy so far. Just let it die."

did receive 21 stars. If you see this as an insult in any way...I just don't know how you honestly could.

Every single end of times prophecy has been wrong. It's a purely truthful, and in no way harmful statement.

I didn't see your post as insulting, but maybe a little gruff or rough on the OP. What I commented on was the OP's response about having half a brain which I thought WAS an insult.
As far as not rehashing the way the OP started and took so long to finally post his findings, all it did was stir up muck that the OP could have just ignored. If you have facts and data, let that be your argument and not insults back and forth or name calling and the like. It could have just been, here's my hook and then when the interest is piqued by people both negative and positive... then post the main findings and proof.
My posts were in response to a lot of the nonsense in between that I found really frustrating when I Was truly interested in what the OP was about.
The author of OP could have just "kept up" with the topic he/she was presenting instead of the back and forth stuff that was so frustrating.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I agree with you. And I hope you are correct about this prophesy also. It was the "let it die" comment that seemed rather rude, especially when he hadn't had a chance to speak yet. For you this is old news, but for some of us it isn't, and I wanted to hear what he had to say. I understand your position. I hope you understand mine.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

And if they OP wasn't baiting readers, nothing would have happened.

I didn't see your posts as insulting.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Who would that insult? The Mayans?

I'm not sure why you're defending the OP, or scolding members, honestly. Hopefully the OP learned to post all the info he has instead of baiting members.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutrinostargate
There is no doubt in my mind with my research that the Mayan Long Count calendar ends in about 3 months from now. June 2nd, 2016 (Gregorian) or May 20th, 2016 (Julian).
The Gregorian calendar that we use now is clearly wrong.
And I can clearly show you why.

Cool! Can I have your car?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

And if they OP wasn't baiting readers, nothing would have happened.

I didn't see your posts as insulting.

Thank you because I didn't think you or myself were being insulting.
I would like to say that the reason I posted '' it would help if you posted your findings'' and ''this thread is going nowhere fast'' is because I really wanted to read what the OP had found and I have seen threads that are like a sandwich that is only two pieces of bread and no filling that get shut down because an OP won't stick to the topic they say they know something about yet, don't post their information.
I really appreciated the hard work and info that the OP finally did share, but it would have been much more pleasant if gone about differently. Like Atsbhct states, without the baiting, nothing would have happened.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yeah... thing is though that he didn't mention the end of times now did he? Just the end of the mayan calendar according to new calculations.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

The OP was directly stating that the Mayan Calendar, which we all know to have been touted as an end of times prophecy, was wrong. I agreed with the OP that indeed, it was wrong.

The OP, then agreed it with me that it was certainly wrong, but also inferred that I had half of a brain.
edit on 22-2-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I agree with you also. But this was 8 posts into it and I am pointing out the timing of how quickly everything went wrong. I think he got flustered by the same. I don't know. I can't speak for him. I just know that he stopped to respond to the first reply and while doing so, many more came in. Yes, in a perfect world, he could have and should have just ignored all this, and continued with his post. He did this in his other posts. But all these replies came out sort of fast and hard and I think it knocked him off his balance. I'm just guessing here. Your post was honest and I was glad to see it, but then ending it by adding that he was being mean didn't help. Can you see that?

PLEASE guys, I don't like the position I was put in by being asked to comment, especially when I don't know what type of comment was being solicited. That is NOT my style. I prefer to keep my comments to myself. I worked in a Franciscan Retreat House for some time, and one of the priests would say, "No one wants to push someone over the edge, because that puts them next in line." I avoid edges wherever I can. I ignored this request for days, hoping things would settle, but they didn't and so I felt compelled to reply to the request, again, offering nothing but my own observations.

I think that no one was trying to be unkind for the sake of being unkind. Or I'd like to think that. Please know that goes for me also. I am hoping that this does not become any further off topic and the poor man can get back to discussing his topic with like minded individuals. And I am hoping that I can get some peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
'Mayan calendar' does not equal 'end of times prophecy'.
You were jumping conclusions.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish It's probably not my place to tell people not to be mean, but I can't help it. When someone insults another person, I tend to react without thinking. I'm thinking the OPs insult was a defense mechanism and he even replied nicely back to me and that was sort of his explanation.
I'm sorry you have been put into this role and perhaps you could PM a Moderator to post another thread about decorum on the boards. After this thread, we might need to be reminded about keeping on topic and respecting others.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neutrinostargate

Maybe you can start a new thread on this.
Your research is worth a star and flag but this thread has so much off topic drift (my own contributions included) that I am reluctant to flagging it.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Lol one can't be busy nowadays and return to a post shortly after?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: z00mster
I agree. And I take blame, but meh, all have bad days.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
CLOSED FOR STAFF REVIEW

Please continue in the original thread.

Link

Please take note of this part of the Terms and Conditions of Use:

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic."

Also a reminder that the topic is never each other or opinions of each other.

Mod Note: ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Any more of this tit for tat and name calling and posting bans will follow. You have an issue with a thread or another member alert staff.

edit on 2/22/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join