It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Calendar Ends On June 2nd, 2016 (Gregorian) or May 20th, 2016 (Julian)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutrinostargate

originally posted by: s3cz0ne

originally posted by: neutrinostargate

originally posted by: Atsbhct
It's okay to say that the Mayan end of times prophecy was wrong. So was every other end of times prophecy so far.

Just let it die.

You will clearly see from my research that I will post soon that it is wrong.

That is if you have a half a brain to actually understand it.

Dude.... Easy on the insults! What the heck, just because someone may not see something as you do does not mean they have half a brain or less! Seriously! You arrive here and post an OP that assumes all should believe your "research" that hasn't even been posted!(At least at the point of this quote, I have not yet finished the thread) Why wasn't said "research" in the OP and why so hostile to those who are skeptical, especially those who weren't even provided a chance to read this "research" and were seemingly supposed to take it on faith?! Come on, that's not how ATS works. In other words; pics or it didn't happen (in this case facts and sources) But seriously try to be respectful of other members. The only argument presented, at least at the point of what I quoted, was basically "because I said so". How can you possibly be upset with others skepticism. Also, yes I saw that you would provide your "research" but until then, and even after members have the right and obligation to criticize if necessary. It's called discourse. Geesh....

Good point. You are right. My apologies.
Good on you! Many here can be quite... Stubborn? I've said many things that were likely incorrect or contestable in other threads. I'm not saying that I am in fact correct in what I said but rather; it is very refreshing to have mature members willing to engage in mutual discussion. I absolutely do look forward to going back a few pages and getting into the meat of your theory!
edit on 18-2-2016 by s3cz0ne because: Posting on a mobile....Typos

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neutrinostargate

Certainly...I find your explanation/research interesting. I may not agree, but nice work regardless!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Certainly...I find your explanation/research interesting. I may not agree, but nice work regardless!

Thanks. I still have more to post about my theory/research.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything that you don't agree with it?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

This effect of the past few years lays down the foundation for the socio-economic conflicts that will become the main theme for the first half of this year. Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune all come together to make a very climactic MUTABLE GRAND CROSS around the Gemini New Moon in June 4-5, 2016.

angstoic.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Nope. Not yet. Always willing to learn and enjoy finding out something that someone worked so hard on.

I would only suggest to you...and its only a suggestion...on ATS, nothing will get you tossed to the bottom of the heap faster than professing one has "the" theory" or "the" answer...or "I have the real correct interpretation of..." as far as predictions go.

We've heard it all here. They come and go and little...nearly none..has ever come to pass. We are a cynical group until proven we should not be. And its been done. We've been enlightened before and will be again..

Just realize we are still trying to sell off our survival supplies that expired after 2012. And everyone...EVERYONE EVERYWHERE was saying it would happen and was backed up by all prophets, histories and legends. It did not happen, and those believers adamant it would without fail...sulked off confused.

Not to say you or anyone else should not feel convinced or passionate about their subjects...just know your audience! And ATS is a tough crowd here with a TON of experience in all fields.

In closing...I say to you and all. Prove us wrong! We'll listen.....Peace....MS

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantjil

You have a small brain inside your brain, called a reptilian brain.. That little part has gone into a state called flight or fight, so it makes you imagine things, which really isnt logic..

It is more likely that YOU have invented this brain in your own mind, as all the others on this thread who are insistently insulting and demanding the OP is insane.

Looks like a fantastic approach that worked to demonstrate just how boring most of you really are, and lost in your own world of nothingness.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

I suggest reading the comments to find out just why you're not being taken seriously.

I did, and they were all as stupid as yours.

In fact, tell us which one was of interest and not just a blatant insult.

Not one real comment about anything was given, only troll based nonsense chanted in a chorus by those who for some reason cared enough to make them.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
a reply to: Tiamat384

only after 2 pages of vagueness, that kind of shenanigans can be left to facebook. OP if you had posted your findings right off the bat in your original post, you would have had a more welcoming reaction.

You are full of it, the kind that wants to react as you, would have done just the same, in fact in almost the exact same manner.

I found it very refreshing and ORIGINAL that the OP baited you all so easily without even trying, so as to show just how bland your reactions actually are.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The world wont be ending. But chaos sure exists.
edit on 18-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO
Hmm so you use words self-descriptive to describe others. Curious. This was treated a troll OP, deservingly as the OP failed to actually post anything for a good while. Oh and if you read the comments clearly you would see I tried entertaining the OP and asking either of his topic or his purpose of method. Not a good day to you mam.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

I suggest reading the comments to find out just why you're not being taken seriously.

I did, and they were all as stupid as yours.

In fact, tell us which one was of interest and not just a blatant insult.

Not one real comment about anything was given, only troll based nonsense chanted in a chorus by those who for some reason cared enough to make them.

Humphhh.

Once the OP got past the teasing phase of this thread and posted the meat of his hypothesis, I thought I asked a valid and pointed question (about if the starting point of a calendar that records a continuous cycle was arbitrary, so would the ending point be arbitrary) to the OP in a respectful manner,...

...and I made a pointed comment about the OP's assertions in a manner respectful to the OP (about how ice ages don't occur at the 26,000-year cycle of precession).

But I guess you feel my question and comment weren't pointed and respectful

The only time I chided the OP was in response to his assertion that if I didn't agree with him that Mayan Prophecy was wrong, then I don't have half a brain to understand the error of my ways. In the OP's defense, he has since been man enough to apologize to the thread for saying that

edit on 2/18/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
As did I! But mine were equally idiotic it would appear though I asked whether the first set of research was the total of it, why he posted with the method he did and why there was discrepancy of time between the two OP's on this topic by the same OP. I feel those were fair questions.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why are you responding to numerous outdated posts (in relation to the topic) and acting in an insulting manner. Such behavior is only hypocritical and should be watched by mods as you are contributing nothing of substance. I hope, to the OP, that you learned to post information and not that you will post information. If so I'm sure other future threads will be well received.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Why are you responding to numerous outdated posts (in relation to the topic) and acting in an insulting manner. Such behavior is only hypocritical and should be watched by mods as you are contributing nothing of substance. I hope, to the OP, that you learned to post information and not that you will post information. If so I'm sure other future threads will be well received.

Why are all your comments seem condescending? LOL

Have you looked at my research and do you understand it?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'll admit I didn't read the thread. That said you're wrong. I know this because the Long Count doesn't have an end. I explained all of this back during the lead up to December 21, 2012 complete with sources. So I suggest going back and checking out some of my old threads and then get back to me why you think the Long Count ends.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
As did I! But mine were equally idiotic it would appear though I asked whether the first set of research was the total of it, why he posted with the method he did and why there was discrepancy of time between the two OP's on this topic by the same OP. I feel those were fair questions.

So you are complaining or asking the discrepancy over a 1 day difference? From June 2nd instead of June 3rd? LOL

And I wanted to post in that method. It made it more fun and interesting and got people's attention.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I'll admit I didn't read the thread. That said you're wrong. I know this because the Long Count doesn't have an end. I explained all of this back during the lead up to December 21, 2012 complete with sources. So I suggest going back and checking out some of my old threads and then get back to me why you think the Long Count ends.

Ha! You haven't read the thread but you say I am wrong because you know the Long Count doesn't have an end and then go read your threads and then get back to you on it? That is freaking hilarious. LOL

Sure, the Long Count has cycles. It is the end of the 13 baktun cycle, and then a new cycle begins. I am not arguing about that little aspect of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Shouldn't be read as condescending. Perhaps it could be read from my perspective as annoyed by the person to whom I' replying, but not condescending.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm not complaining. But the point I made was that there was a discrepancy in what you were saying and what you are saying is based greatly on the accuracy of dates, based on the first portion of your research.

It did get the attention of people, but that attention initially was negative and now there are those, uhum, that continue to add nothing and insult even though there is no need because the thread is finally on its way and has been for quite a while already.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Shouldn't be read as condescending. Perhaps it could be read from my perspective as annoyed by the person to whom I' replying, but not condescending.

Ok

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join