It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Rebels cross from Turkey to Syria today....350 0n Valentines day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

500 rebels have been spotted heading from the border crossing towards the town of Azzaz ....
Seems the Pershmerga and Allies are pressing the rebels hard....
350 heavily armed rebs crossed on the 14th feb as well....
That makes 850 troops with light and heavy weapons....
Azzaz is the last strongpoint they hold in this area....and the Kurds want it....
The Rebel situation is not looking militarily good id say.....

With the several air forces bombing the hell out of Syrias infrastructure, and taking out ISIS like collateral damage....how many of the original Jihadis could be left by now......Yet, though losing ground in some areas they are still attacking in others....
If the entire Rebel al Nusra crown were added up...how many exactly would that be...and if you tote up the kills so proudly announced every day....what can remain of the Islamic state.....

My question is just where are these forces coming from......are they being funnelled through Incirlik airbase I wonder....
Turkey, like the proverbial Lucy....has some splainin to do to the world....

The UN, the governments, The Banks, the whole sordid mess is so obviously corrupt....the players so blatantly lying....
I don't understand why doesn't ANY country speak up on this.....they are cowed or complicit is my only conclusion...and the people so morally degraded that they'll go along with anything that keeps them in the upper echelon.....

Like where are the countries that I almost expect to stand up and call this...like Norway, or Sweden...Canada,you lnow...small but more deeply moral as a rule countries that usually seem more forthright publically...

The almost ponderous progression of death rolls slowly forth like a juggernaught....and not many even attempt to throw so much as a rock under the gigantic wheels.....

Can our media be so controlled, so corrupted, and so censored that we don't even get a small window on reality out there....I think so...
If this is a rant please move dear Mod...bander...

news.yahoo.com...
Background as of today
news.yahoo.com...

edit on 17-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

... Maybe I'm drunk but this situation is getting a little crazy... Kurdish Rebels from Turkey, Russian bombers, American bombers, french medics, Dutch national Jihadis, canadian, french, american, Indian, Pakistani, German national Jihadi's, French doctors, American advisors, Canadian Aid, British intelligence...

This is WW3, and are there any Syrian fighters left? I know ISIS exists, but I keep hearing about all the foreign fighters... Are they even Syrian anymore ?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That's what im wondering about the 850 well armed fighters (obviously rebels) crossing FROM the Turkish side to reinforce Azzaz....
I had this picture in my mind of Saudi troops being flown into Incirlic air base,,,,loaded onto covered trucks and sent down south to the Syrian border.....
Whose freaking rebels were they....where did they suddenly pop up from....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: bandersnatch

... Maybe I'm drunk but this situation is getting a little crazy... Kurdish Rebels from Turkey, Russian bombers, American bombers, french medics, Dutch national Jihadis, canadian, french, american, Indian, Pakistani, German national Jihadi's, French doctors, American advisors, Canadian Aid, British intelligence...

This is WW3, and are there any Syrian fighters left? I know ISIS exists, but I keep hearing about all the foreign fighters... Are they even Syrian anymore ?

Were there ever any Syrian fighters? Aside from Assad's forces of course....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Yes but are the Turks or Saudis slipping in real regular military .....they are do or die at this point,,,,
I believe there aren't enough mercinaries left who want to hire on for this war...seeing how the rebs are doing...
That leaves the Saudi and Turkish regulars dressed as rebels ................just sayin....
This seems a plausible scenario.....it gets around Putins red line by playing the spetznatz in the Donbas trick back on him....
edit on 18-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Yes but are the Turks or Saudis slipping in real regular military .....there are do ordie at this point,,,,
I believe there aren't enough mercinaries left who want to hire on for this war...seeing how the rebs are doing...
That leaves the Saudi and Turkish regulars dressed as rebels ................just sayin....
This seems a plausible scenario.....

There is nearly an endless supply of bodies to throw at this. In a situation where your prospects are quite dim and are desperate for money to feed your family, many will take to jihad knowing certain death but at least their children will eat tonight. That's the cold harsh reality of living in a war zone. Especially when said war zone covers multiple countries for decades on end.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Any old sock on a pole will tell you which ways the wind blows....
I doubt theres too many enthusiastic Jihadists right now in Syria....
Well maybe a few.....
The situation is not promising for them

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

That's the cold harsh reality of living in a war zone. Especially when said war zone covers multiple countries for decades on end.

Its a cruel world...some here in the west think we have it bad, they are first world problems compared to how many live ...
edit on 18-2-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ahhh but their lives are lived so simply......they only do one thing to pass the time.....
Try to survive.............

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wonder how many of them are going to make it to where they are heading. 500 armed people walking through the desert will be easy to spot and make a tempting target for a Russian plane.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ive got a feeling they already got where they were headed....Azzaz isn't that far away....

top topics

join