It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death squads' to be deployed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Its about time!

Hit them where it hurts, track them down at home in Syria, France and Iran.

Track em down like dogs and take them out!

www.timesonline.co.uk...

El Salvador-style 'death squads' to be deployed by US against Iraq militants.

THE Pentagon is considering forming hit squads of Kurdish and Shia fighters to target leaders of the Iraqi insurgency in a strategic shift borrowed from the American struggle against left-wing guerrillas in Central America 20 years ago.

Under the so-called “El Salvador option”, Iraqi and American forces would be sent to kill or kidnap insurgency leaders, even in Syria, where some are thought to shelter.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Good.

Another thing they should try that was immensely successful is creating their own "gorilla" group of locals and supply them and give them total free reign to do anything they see fit. Worked like a charm in Columbia against the drug cartels. Then deny involvement.

These groups would do all the dirty stuff. They were so brutal and effective the drug cartel RAN to US and local government officials to protect themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
didn't america do something along these lines with Al Qaeda, giving them weapons to fight the Soviets in Afganistan?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

didn't america do something along these lines with Al Qaeda, giving them weapons to fight the Soviets in Afganistan?

Ancient history, and different when they are the enemy of my enemy....
If you're looking for morality in all of this, you won't find it. This is a pure case of trying to get the job done by getting others to do your dirty work.

The difference though, is that in the past, such things were at least attempted to remain "discreet", but this administration and it's lackeys have no sense of tact or subtlety, as they've already pretty much smeared the international rep of the US, so I suppose they simly don't care anymore. And why should they? When elections can be bought and paid for, and nobody even calls them on it....

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
viva los pepes!!!!

just kidding, but to be honest, this could be a good thing, to an extent. we need to have much more oversight of them or much, much less involvement, because people in a group like that will always get out of hand eventually.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by fledgling666]

d1k

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's about damn time, through this whole ordeal I have wondered where are the elite army guys, the ones who go in enemy terrority and get stuff done. Why these insurgants are allowed to get their supplies, why their allowed to operate, why nothing is being done to take them out on their home turf.

It's about time the US rolled up their sleves and got down to the dirty business. Time for heads to roll, THEIR heads.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The U.S. government’s open consideration of the use of Death Squads in Iraq raises a number of interesting questions: How long before Bush starts freely using winks and air quotations in his halting deliberations on Iraqi democracy? How long before Christopher Hitchens pulls himself out of a bottle long enough to tell us again the one about the threat posed by the Islamo-fascists to human civility? And, on a personal note: As a shrill, leftist rhetorician, how am I expected to ply my trade so long as reality keeps hijacking the most hysterical reaches of available hyperbole?

Of course, with the torture and war crimes of Bush’s illegal war against Iraq condoned by a majority of U.S. voters last November, the administration isn’t bound by any moral checks nor, would it seem, are they bound by the limits imposed by shame – so long as they stop short of drowning Iraqis with a tidal wave, we’re unlikely to see any sort of outpouring of grief or rage from up here in fortress North America. And who knows even then; if Rumsfeld starts looking into seismological warfare, I’m sure that the pundits and the apologists will have an ideological cushion for him to land on then, too.

author: Charles Demers

nice article about the "death squades".

makes you think...

heres more

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The difference though, is that in the past, such things were at least attempted to remain "discreet",

I've said it a bunch of times on these boards. Check out Charlie Wilson's War (George Crile) for an excellent account of the single largest covert operation the US has ever pulled off. Gives you plenty of insight into how we armed and taught the mujhadeen and there's plenty of notes on who's now on our most wanted list etc. Very entertaining story.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The difference though, is that in the past, such things were at least attempted to remain "discreet", but this administration and it's lackeys have no sense of tact or subtlety, as they've already pretty much smeared the international rep of the US, so I suppose they simly don't care anymore. And why should they? When elections can be bought and paid for, and nobody even calls them on it....

Boo hoo!

If I hear you correctly, death-squads are ok if there connection to your goverment are kept secret.@@:

You sound to me like a bitter liberal-demoncrat is showing his teeth.....

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I bet my wife would make a good death squad member. Nah, she would be too "extreme" and brutal I think....

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Boo hoo!

If I hear you correctly, death-squads are ok if there connection to your goverment are kept secret.@@:

You sound to me like a bitter liberal-demoncrat is showing his teeth.....

Actually, I'm usually more libertarian, than dem...but let's face it, nobody even knew Badnarik was running. As for saying it's "ok", it's simply always been done by just about every nation at one time or another. As I mentioned, you won't see a moral justification for it here, just an affirmation that when you play dirty, most people try and keep that under wraps.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
D1k, they mention Kurdish & Shia fighters for the deathsquads, just preciisely because your elite army guys couldn't get the job done, you need people who know the language, discretely extract info, know the culture, go to the mosque themselves, the customs and can blend in , pose as a sunni fighter themselves for example...

The kurds would be your best bet, because they hold a serious grudge against the former sunni oppressors AND unlikely sji'ites might not have a hidden agenda with Teheran.

What about deathsquads in america itselve ? like picking off those allegedly (notice the clever use of the word alledgedly) al-quaeda related hispanic gangmembers ???

or is that too close for comfort ? today gangmembers, tomorrow journalists making a funny cartoon about the president, no deathsquads sounds much better in far away countries....

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yeeehahhaw! Nuke 'em cowboy!!

Again this is news? I though thats why you got loads of 18 year olds to signup for a backpack and a gun... so you can send them to foreign lands and shoot the poorly armed local brownfolk. Or did i get that wrong?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Mmmm deathsquads...

Wonder if the US will create a new para-military wing, they can have the initials 'SS', it'll be great!
[/sarcasm]

Hit them where it hurts, track them down at home in Syria, France and Iran.

You think America is allowed to simply walk into these countries with guns?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn
Mmmm deathsquads...
Wonder if the US will create a new para-military wing, they can have the initials 'SS', it'll be great!

yes
that was what i thought of first too.
waffen ss "death squad" formations.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Quote by Gaz[ As I mentioned, you won't see a moral justification for it here, just an affirmation that when you play dirty, most people try and keep that under wraps.

I wasn't aware that you should not play dirty in war.You do what you have to do to win.

Edited to note quote.I screwed up trying to delete unnecessary lines.DOH!

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Waffen SS here we go, of course the Current adminstartion will never public amdit that they are looking into forming death squads.

But i though the dear old US had some "special forces" seals, rangers, delta etc, why arn't these people who are supposed to be trained to operate in the black world and do all the jobs that can't really be shown on the six o'clock news on the case?

Maybe because US special forces aren't so special after all. If you want to hunt down the insurgent leaders in syria or iran or iraq or even as some say france, leave it to the experts in the field and get bush to ask tony to get the lads from hereford on the case. They will bag and tag any suspect and get out alive without a major firefight.

My humble opinon is that this a very bad idea, the kurds would love to get back at the old regime or anyone they think is to blame for them be surpressed for years. this is bound to turn ugly and bloody fast. Death Squads are not a option in modern warfare.

if we have intel on where these guys are. send in the special forces to get them. that way we can pump them full of nice friendly truth drugs and have a nice long chat. Oh yeah i forgot america tried this before in somila, we all seen the film black hawk down. Ooops!!!!!
as i said before let us brits have a shot at it and we will show you how the grown ups do it

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i agree with james. this really does sound like a bad idea. it wouldn't work.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

top topics

join