It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why they built the pyramids

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Byrd

*RUBS EYES and rereads Byrds post*

More recently I worked for several years as a professional Tarot card reader/palm reader/rune reader, when a friend needed help at a haunted house feature (his flaky psychic left, declaring the "vibes" from the place (all built new) were full of evil spirits and the hospital gurney (bought new from a hospital supply company) held the ghosts of eight murdered children)

No, I'm not psychic (yes, I knew all the cards and runes and their meanings and the lines and their meanings.) I'm good at cold reading. I always kept business cards of local women's shelters and assistance groups in a drawer at my table. Some people are so lost and desperate that they'd gambel $5 to find help. And I made sure I could do more than mumble about ghosts and cards.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantjil

I'm gonna study some astrology but not for the same reasons as you did
what did you study?

It was popular in the 1970's and I loved reading horoscopes. So (as with all things) I wanted a horoscope done but since I was attending a Very Christian college, this was forbidden. So I found books and taught myself (it improved my math greatly because back then you had to do a lot of calculations (by slide rule, in my case.)

The Orion thing, even though your statements are logical and I would agree.. I can't disagree with them.. It's difficult to explain.. I'll get back on the book

The book will give you a good idea of just how bad their astronomy was. If you get confused about the diagonals, ask.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantjil

Do you believe in this? Its a reference to Egypt and their knowledge in the human body

I t's a reference done by someone who
* has no knowledge of ancient Egypt
* has no understanding of human anatomy (if I sound critical, I was a Teaching Assistant for human anatomy at a large university (starving grad students will teach ANYTHING for money))

There are a good ten (depending on how closely you want to identify features) or more structures in that "Eye" area (that particular photo is a brain of someone who's had several strokes - the dark spots and wiggles on the brain) It includes the amygdala the thalamus, the hypothalamus, the corpus callosum, the pineal, the pituitary, and several chambers for cerebrospinal fluid.

A complete list of Egyptian medical papyri currently known is here (Wikipedia link) and you can quickly tell that there were no documents about the brain at all and that their knowledge of anatomy was somewhat fair but not that thorough.

After death, they stuck a probe in through the nose and scraped the brain out... so they never really saw an intact brain in cross section like that.

The Wadjet eye (also called "eye of Horus") was more probably derived from the markings of the falcon that they associated with the falcon deity Horus. If you take a look at this photo of a peregrine falcon you can see that the design is a close match for the feather patterns.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

More recently I worked for several years as a professional Tarot card reader/palm reader/rune reader,

I so want to be your best friend right NOW!

The Wadget eye means the green one or the risen one, can't remember which one

edit on 27-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes
Some people pointed out in a couple videos I saw that the pyramids were built over sources of underground water streams/tributaries. They posit that the energy that the movement of this water underneath the structures generate a form of radiant energy similar to one of Tesla's towers.

There's a huge problem there that you wouldn't know unless you knew about geology (I'm teaching a short course in geology this coming month, so yes, I know something about it). The plateau is soft limestone. Yes, there's an aquifer there and yes there's a "river" (big sheet of fresh water) "running" (seeping, actually) through it making caves and holes in the limestone.

Over thousands of years, those can become Karst sinkholes

If there were caves under the pyramids, they'd have started to collapse.

This rock feature isn't just a tiny space there at Giza. It covers almost all of Egypt - making Giza a Not Particularly Unusual Place. So if that statement were true, all of Egypt would have "radiant energy" along with the big desert in Saudi Arabia, the whole eastern seacoast of the US, Florida, Cuba, Somalia, the Alps, the east side of Great Britain (but not the west), etc, etc...

Some scientists...

Any time you read that statement, check to see if it's "one or two" or if the "scientists" are named (and are experts in the field.)

... point out that it is strange that there is no evidence of carbon/blackening of the interior of the pyramid produced by torches.

Not strange at all.

The Egyptians would of had to burn a lot of torch and oil to finish the work

Only if you did it in an illogical fashion. If you work on the chamber and the sarcophagus while it is open to the sky (in other words, as they are starting to build it) then there's no need for torches because you have all that lovely sunlight.

and the evidence of this should be obvious making some believe that they used alternative sources for light AKA some sort of bulb powered by electricity of some sort..

Who on earth would stand around and wait until the place was finished and THEN run in and finish the chambers?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I think they revealed in thermal scanning/imaging, odd anomalies that suggests tunnels or caves under the pyramid of Giza..

Sorry to say, but i believe in those who dwell in the deep. Something strange was there before the pyramids..
But then again, rationality is my mortal enemy.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

And they could have easily cut a persons head in two relatively clean parts, in order to observe anatomy.
They had amazing stone saws, that could have been easily used to open up craniums, and more delicate blades to cut the brain.

..off course they wanted to see what is inside..

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The Wadjet eye (also called "eye of Horus") was more probably derived from the markings of the falcon that they associated with the falcon deity Horus. If you take a look at this photo of a peregrine falcon you can see that the design is a close match for the feather patterns.

This sounds more logical, and gives a much better reference frame overall to the iconic symbolism of it..

It was my imagination that went on its own cause of the triune reference to the whole "modern soul" thing, almost looks the same when you get a reference picture like that..
And i maybe put to much philosophical statements on the whole "god, soul, a priori" and the instincts of the reptilian brain..
When you look at it and to the mamals ive seen we share that, i probably put my modern paradigm in the same spot as the ancient egyptians which i shouldnt have..

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

And they could have easily cut a persons head in two relatively clean parts, in order to observe anatomy.
They had amazing stone saws, that could have been easily used to open up craniums, and more delicate blades to cut the brain.

I believe if that was the case we should have seen at least one case of a fine split skull, they dug the brain out of the nose, i believe they had knowledge of medicine, but im probably not gonna state they knew as much as we do today..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantjil

Actually death by sawing, was a pretty common form of execution, through history. so they probably had a pretty good idea, about the anatomy of the brain

I know, that they poked the brain out, but only when they were making a mummy.

Who knows, what is still is undiscovered beneath the sands and jungles.

edit on 28-2-2016 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I think they revealed in thermal scanning/imaging, odd anomalies that suggests tunnels or caves under the pyramid of Giza..

There's been a lot of scans of Giza and they confirm that there's small caves and holes in the limestone. That's not unexpected.

Sorry to say, but i believe in those who dwell in the deep. Something strange was there before the pyramids..
But then again, rationality is my mortal enemy.

Perhaps from reading the frequently debunked statements by Cayce on the Sphinx?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I take it you haven't done a dissection of a human?

It ain't that easy.

They thought that the brain was the organ that moved the blood. If they attributed it to anything, it would have been to a type of pump.

Reshfam has a decent page on this but it's very brief.

The best recent source (with new translations of the Egyptian papyri and other material) is this book: Nunn, John F. Ancient egyptian medicine. University of Oklahoma Press, 2002.

It's a very solid piece of writing and detailed with constant references so you know he's not making things up or speculating. Nunn is a physician who is also an Egyptologist, so there's no accidental misunderstandings or misinterpretations of what the Egyptians were writing.

Their tools were metal, actually, though they may have used obsidian blades (they made obsidian blades up until the New Kingdom (1000 BC) in spite of having metal (bronze and some iron) readily available to them. The would not have used stonework saws in surgery (those were heavy copper blades and relied on using sand as the abrasive.)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Actually death by sawing, was a pretty common form of execution, through history.

But not in Egypt.

On the very few occasions when they ordered an execution, the high status people were allowed to commit suicide. That was a GOOD choice, IMHO, because the other forms of execution involved making a very long and very sharp stake, anchoring it in the desert outside town, and forcing you to sit on the stake... and then pushing it up through your body.

And leaving you there for the jackals to eat.

But, as the Reshfam article stresses, executions were very rare.

Who knows, what is still is undiscovered beneath the sands and jungles.

No jungles in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
its a map of the stars.
and in each one was! info on the aliens living there.

maybe!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
its a map of the stars.
and in each one was! info on the aliens living there.

maybe!

Ooorrrrrr maybe not.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

There are over 10 pyramids at Giza, and combined they make no star map, The 3 major pyramids don't match Orion either, that is a myth.

Plot it out against a star map, you will see that I am correct (Unless you start flipping locations back to front and flipping tails, but thats cheating)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
quote-I take it you haven't done a dissection of a human?

It ain't that easy.-quote

No, but i have done dozens of of animals skeletons from fresh specimens,
i once cut a elks head in half, (with a fine wood saw) for a trophy, and it revealed remarkable detail.

My speculation from the ones beneath the pyramids comes from Lovecraft and Houdini, from Imprisoned with the pharaohs, my reality needs a pinch of mystery.
edit on 28-2-2016 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

So lets say in theory i take the pyramids and mirror it, and use Ptolemys 88 constellations, can i find "one" reference?

Ive seen in theory that you could use the smaller pyramids around for pinpointing what time of year it is on the bigger pyramids, just a theory though..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You know most people don't realize Hancock who came up with the Orion theory no longer subscribes to it ....

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Im not arguing against the case.. I wish i could explain why, but can we leave the orion thingy?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join