It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why they built the pyramids

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I got a little help/assitance again.. Fibers from palm trees could be used for making textile, and they referenced it to the priests of Egypt.. Is this something you have seen?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

If you look closely to ancient south american stone works, the ones that depict bloodletting from from the tongue, you see that the blood drips to a container, from where the vision serpent rises, they burned blood with special incense..

You mentioned, that the Egyptian pyramids would be too dangerous for meditation practices, but if you think about ancient rites of initiation, danger is a preferred element in them, among the feeling of being lost, and finding your way, sometimes literally..

By the way, i think that there is evidence of mandragora in ancient Egypt.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

It is really a shame, that we do not speak to our ancestors anymore, we have demonized death.

Only the silence echoes in the aether.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantjil

So i got some help from chronoaut, and figured out where i went on a off trail..
Do you know which deites in which era are assigned to the five naked eye planets?

In the Hellenic era, that's easy to answer - they had the same deities assigned as the Greeks did (this would be 300 BC and afterwards.)

Before that, it's a mess.

There is no attested reference to the planets in the Old Kingdom as far as I'm aware. The earliest one that I know of is the tomb of Senemut (1450 BC) where Jupiter is called "Horus Who Bounds The Two Lands - Southern Star of the Sky". This would not be THE Horus, btw, but *A* Horus (different sort of entity.) This tomb also shows Saturn as "Horus, Bull of the Sky" with the sub-title "Eastern Star that Crosses the Sky". I don't see an association with Mercury at this time (it's called "Shebeg").

In an early (Intermediate Period) coffin, the deities (two, I don't know why) associated with Venus are "Bah" (no other identity) and Osiris. In the tomb of Senemut, however, it's called "Dja" and there doesn't seem to be a god associated with it as far as I can tell. It's also called "The Star that Crosses" (which may be a general designation for "planet")

Mars is called "Horus of the Horizon" and is also referred to as "Eastern Star of the Horizon" in the tomb of Seti (New Kingdom, 1270 BC) In the Ptolemaic period it's called "Horus the Red." Mars does Not show up in the ceiling of Senemut (a bit earlier than Seti.)

You can read the lurid details in "Ancient Egyptian Science: Calendars, clocks, and astronomy" by Marshall Clagett - it's available to read on Google Books (and you can search in there for appropriate terms.

I got an answer on the Orion thing, that i havent researched further on, but they are really implying that the pyramids line up to the Orion, and that i have to be a retard to think otherwise..

Hancock and people who aren't Egyptologists say they do (if you monkey around with things.) Astronomers and Egyptologists (who don't monkey around and flip the constellation) say they don't.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I got a little help/assitance again.. Fibers from palm trees could be used for making textile, and they referenced it to the priests of Egypt.. Is this something you have seen?

No clue here.

The priests wore cotton cloth (because it was white, and white was the color of purity. Royal clothing was always bright white.) They also had linen and flax. I'm not sure why they'd use the coarse palm fibers for clothing, though it might have been used for basketry.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

If you look closely to ancient south american stone works, the ones that depict bloodletting from from the tongue, you see that the blood drips to a container, from where the vision serpent rises, they burned blood with special incense..

...among other body parts. Tongue was not the only area, but yes, that's how it was done.

You mentioned, that the Egyptian pyramids would be too dangerous for meditation practices, but if you think about ancient rites of initiation, danger is a preferred element in them, among the feeling of being lost, and finding your way, sometimes literally..

It really wasn't anything done by the ancient Egyptians. This type of initiation comes in with the Greek Mystery Schools, around 600 BC.

EVERYone worked in Egyptian temples, so everyone saw the daily rituals and heard the words and all that. There was no need to initiate people into the deep mysteries of the gods because everyone had the same religion and everyone served in the temples and saw and heard what was done there.

The inner chambers where the god lived were only open to the highest class of priests (this paper has a bit about it... not as good as Teeter's book but still very good) - but the only real requirement to become a member of the high priesthood was that you (usually) had to be born into a noble or royal family and that you had to go to school for many years and become a scribe so that you could read the instruction books stored in every temple library and make sure you were giving the correct offering each day and reciting the correct formula.

The king was the High Priest of the whole land and technically the High Priest of every temple - since they couldn't be everywhere at once, each temple would have its own high priest who was a deputy of the pharaoh.

A bit more information can be found here at TourEgypt.

Book sources include:
Teeter, Emily. Religion and ritual in ancient Egypt. Cambridge University Press, 2011. (in my opinion, this is THE very best book on the subject. Teeter writes well and the book is well organized.)

Sauneron, Serge, and David Lorton. The priests of ancient Egypt. Cornell University Press, 2000. (you can partly read it on Google Books)

By the way, i think that there is evidence of mandragora in ancient Egypt.

Yes. Grown as a flower and for medicine. (see this source) However, not used for visions, according to papyri.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Mystery religions were more like "secret clubs" - and were a feature of the Grecian era (600 BC and onward, not coming into Egypt until around 300 BC.)

A nice page on this from the Met Museum that mentions the mystery cults of Egypt in the Hellenic period and later (Isis later becomes a focus of a mystery cult in Rome) can be found here.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Thanks for all the help, i feel like a retard sometimes

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thanks for all the help, i feel like a retard sometimes

Nah. I wouldn't have known this stuff if I hadn't started a degree in Egyptology. And in about two years (after finishing the degree) I'm going to be kicking myself for missing a lot of stuff or not knowing stuff.

It's 3000 years of history that's often misinterpreted based on what the Victorians thought (which was before hieroglyphs were really readable.) My first year was a real struggle to unlearn some things that I thought were true and then try to learn real depth on things I thought I knew reasonably well. And at the end of four years what I will have is only a broad background.

But, hey! That means there's a lot of amazing stuff to learn (and as I said, it's really possible to do valuable research in Egyptology in museum collections.)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There is no attested reference to the planets in the Old Kingdom as far as I'm aware. The earliest one that I know of is the tomb of Senemut (1450 BC) where Jupiter is called "Horus Who Bounds The Two Lands - Southern Star of the Sky". This would not be THE Horus, btw, but *A* Horus (different sort of entity.) This tomb also shows Saturn as "Horus, Bull of the Sky" with the sub-title "Eastern Star that Crosses the Sky".

So im just gonna try a thing here; Jupiter 11,84 EY = Saturn 29,7 EY, as observed naked from the earth, its "together" "conjunction" before they split "apart" in the night sky .. reference greek mythology; Kronus got his balls cut off by zeus.. the primus is which or none above? Sirius was a reference to the flooding...

What are the "two lands" Egypt and?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The victorian era was just anoter paradigm, which clearly had in its interest to f*** the whole world..

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hancock and people who aren't Egyptologists say they do (if you monkey around with things.) Astronomers and Egyptologists (who don't monkey around and flip the constellation) say they don't.

.......... Problem is, i would believe your statement on "who dont monkey around" but the ones who told me have a "larger library" But could you tell me why the disagree? Cause all i got was "idiot" as an answer =/
The reflection is "so above so below" "underworld" bla bla bla...

The palm fibers were used for bags, "same librarians"

-----------------

I just ordered the book by Marshall Clagett, cause im lost =/

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So im just gonna try a thing here; Jupiter 11,84 EY = Saturn 29,7 EY, as observed naked from the earth, its "together" "conjunction" before they split "apart" in the night sky .. reference greek mythology; Kronus got his balls cut off by zeus..

I don't think this will hold up (if I understand you correctly) - the two planets don't actually "Merge" in the sky in a conjunction. They're lined up east-to-west. But not north to south. Here's a picture of the Jupiter-Mars-Saturn conjunction.

the primus is which or none above?

It's the "first mover" or the "self creator" ... at least that's what the term you used means.

Sirius was a reference to the flooding...

It was the star that rose on the horizon before the flooding began. Their early calendars were not terribly accurate (lunar based) and so they ignored the dates to look for the floods to start and instead used the rising of the star, Sirius, as an indication that the floods would be starting soon.

What are the "two lands" Egypt and?

Upper Egypt (mountain area to the south) and Lower Egypt (flatlands to the north) - Desheret and Kemet.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Astrology is that something you also picked up on?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

.......... Problem is, i would believe your statement on "who dont monkey around" but the ones who told me have a "larger library" But could you tell me why the disagree? Cause all i got was "idiot" as an answer =/
The reflection is "so above so below" "underworld" bla bla bla...

Hancock's hasty idea (sort of mirrored by an earlier writer) was that the placement of the pyramids matches the belt stars of Orion. The answer is 'yes, it SORT of" does if you allow some leeway in placing the pyramids AND if you do a mirror image of the constellation Orion. Or turn Orion upside down (for no particular reason.)

Egyptologists point out that "Sah" was not a major deity (even though it's a very pretty constellation). It's associated with Osiris and gets a few mentions in each of the Pyramid Texts. There are no temples to Osiris and the design of three pyramids is not repeated (and actually there are ten pyramids there; seven are smaller than the three main ones). Giza has no references (that have been found) to Orion, though there are plenty to Osiris and other deities.

If the pyramids had been intended to represent the Belt of Orion, they would have laid them out correctly (the way it looks in the sky) *and* they would have repeated this with other pyramids (there are over 100 in Egypt.) Since they did not, a more likely explanation is "the view from Heliopolis" (where the kings lived) and/or the terrain where they were building (close to water so they could float granite in from Aswan and bring in laborers during the rainy season.)

I just ordered the book by Marshall Clagett, cause im lost =/

It's pretty technical, but I think you can work your way through it. If you have questions, just ask.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Astrology is that something you also picked up on?

Back in the late 1960's and early 1970's I worked as a professional astrologer, yes. For a very short time. Then I did some research of my own (hospital records that I had access to) and came to the conclusion that the system wasn't correct.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

*RUBS EYES and rereads Byrds post*

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm gonna study some astrology but not for the same reasons as you did
what did you study?

The Orion thing, even though your statements are logical and I would agree.. I can't disagree with them.. It's difficult to explain.. I'll get back on the book

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Do you believe in this? Its a reference to Egypt and their knowledge in the human body

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Some people pointed out in a couple videos I saw that the pyramids were built over sources of underground water streams/tributaries. They posit that the energy that the movement of this water underneath the structures generate a form of radiant energy similar to one of Tesla's towers.

Here is google image link to give you the idea.

www.google.com... 52Fwww.apparentlyapparel.com%25252Fnews%25252Fthe-pyramid-energy-tesla-connection&source=iu&pf=m&fir=vF4mu4t8a557BM%253A%252C3uIZg_Tb3vTsTM%252C_&usg= __hVcrI3lq9YYeyLet4NZVpOszgxg%3D&biw=1229&bih=706&ved=0ahUKEwiKx-ODlpfLAhVPxmMKHcOxCdYQyjcIMw&ei=zi7RVoqoKM-MjwPD46awDQ#imgrc=vF4mu4t8a557BM%3A

Some scientists point out that it is strange that there is no evidence of carbon/blackening of the interior of the pyramid produced by torches. The Egyptians would of had to burn a lot of torch and oil to finish the work and the evidence of this should be obvious making some believe that they used alternative sources for light AKA some sort of bulb powered by electricity of some sort..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join