It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS after EU nuclear plant? Paris attackers snooped on Belgian nuclear boss, media reveal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The terror cell behind the November attacks in Paris was interested in the movements of the head of Belgium's nuclear program, media in the country have reported. This could indicate that Islamic State is planning to target European nuclear facilities.

An exclusive report by Belgium’s Derniere Heure media outlet claims that the trail of the terrorist cell that staged the deadly attacks in Paris on November 13, which left 130 dead and 350 injured, led investigators to apartments in Belgium. The video material retrieved in one of the locations raised issues of national and European security.

ISIS after EU nuclear plant? Paris attackers snooped on Belgian nuclear boss, media reveal

Well I can't say this is not expected, people have mentioned ISIS attacking nuclear facilities in the past but here is hard evidence of ISIS doing some incredibly covert spying on the Belgian nuclear research and development program.

This is just crazy it's the stuff you see in movies and you'd expect the likes of the CIA, MI5 or Mossad to be doing but a terrorist organisation like ISIS ? They appear to stepping up their game and it makes me wonder just who else they've managed to spy on ?

Not to mention, just what exactly were they after by spying on him ? Do you think they were trying to get his usual schedule in order to attempt to kidnap and have him build them a dirty bomb ?

This news is quite interesting as watching RT today on the news ticker there is reports of Iraq claiming that some potentially dangerous radioactive material was stolen last year possibly by ISIS

Exclusive: Radioactive material stolen in Iraq raises security fears

Iraq is searching for "highly dangerous" radioactive material stolen last year, according to an environment ministry document and seven security, environmental and provincial officials who fear it could be used as a weapon if acquired by Islamic State. The material, stored in a protective case the size of a laptop computer, went missing in November from a storage facility near the southern city of Basra belonging to U.S. oilfield services company Weatherford (WFT.N), the document obtained by Reuters showed and officials confirmed. A spokesman for Iraq's environment ministry said he could not discuss the issue, citing national security concerns. A Weatherford spokesman in Iraq declined to comment, and the company's Houston headquarters did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

These two just have to be connected it can't be coincidence that both stories were released on the same day can it ?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I feel that there is a very slim chance they are unrelated, like you said

I can't imagine what would happen if they could make a dirty b*mb and successfully detonate it in a populated area - hoping authorities can track it down and foil whatever sick plan these guys have..

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Why would they 'snoop' on a 'nuclear boss', to get material? They'd be after workers with access. Sounds like a diversion, making everyone afraid.

"OMG they're after the nuclear power, we're all dead."

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The only thing I can think of is to see if he keeps to a routine in order to kidnap him at the right time and either use him to get access to a facility as being the chief he'd likely have full access or have him build something for them.

Or it could be a false flag situation where the blame can be put on ISIS and this news is just the precursor

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

use him to get access to a facility as being the chief he'd likely have full access or have him build something for them.

That would be red flagged suspicious, if you think about it. A head of the industry making odd requests and visits to facilities. They'd catch on right away.

Upper management doesn't do that. Workers do.

Beside the whole industry is so secure theses days, all aspects of material handling are under tight restrictions. I like my idea better, mine the soil of Fallujah (its hotter than hell) and make dirty bombs. Or forgo the nuclear route for bio weapons.

An individual or group of hosts infected say, with weaponized small pox in the incubation stage, traveling national routes by plane, train and bus to sporting events, subways, and air terminals would be a disaster.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The problem with bioweapons is they can easily get out of control at least with a bomb the effective radius is finite and only does damage to the area you want it to damage.

ISIS are crazy but they're not stupid enough to play with bio weapons yet, it's something I'd expect them to do when they're on their knees drawing their last breath as an organisation, a kind of "if we can't have the planet, none of you can have it" thing..

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The problem with bioweapons is they can easily get out of control at least with a bomb the effective radius is finite and only does damage to the area you want it to damage.

As soon as induced plague breaks in a major city the whole city will be isolated.

After a bomb, well… you got total destruction as well as rads as well as plague of some kind, probably.

After a bio weapons plague the people are all dead, but the stuff is still intact.

What ISIS factory will build such a nuclear weapon and how will they transport it to a target? Last I checked they didn't have a reactor (to make weapons grade PU or UR) or an air force to deliver it.

If they use a missile, they'll be shot down by Patriot anti missile batteries. If they try to use a boat they'll get sunk or discovered. If they use a truck, they won't get very far.

That could be the meaning of this passage, though… a suicide bomber throwing the switch on a 'truck nuke' parked just outside some large facility…

"And I saw an angel standing in the sun…"

Biblehub

edit on 17-2-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

edit on 17-2-2016 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A dirty bomb detonated at or near Notre Dame would do monumental damage to Paris.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Good luck tracking them with all those "refugees" everywhere,which they were most likely a part off to begin with.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 17 Feb 2016 16:05:01 -06001620162America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Metro reporting theft of nuke material. Better get the survival kit out/buy ticket to the Americas and get out of Europe metro.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

They wouldn't be making a nuclear bomb, they'd be making a dirty bomb you don't a need missile or an aircraft for a dirty bomb.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

They wouldn't be making a nuclear bomb, they'd be making a dirty bomb you don't a need missile or an aircraft for a dirty bomb.

Well, you said a bomb and bomb damage being finite… okay moving goalposts…You don't even need a bomb. A smudge pot or burning flare from the top of a downtown building during favorable wind conditions.

A bomb attracts attention. They would figure it out. Dispersing material so it spreads in the subway or on the street from passing traffic would go unnoticed till all the sick people start going to the hospital.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone else watches Madame Secretary, great show by the way, but I find it somewhat ironic the cliffhanger of this past weeks episode was a bomb being set off inside a Washington DC conference, and the end points to it being a dirty bomb.

Just one of those strange pop culture imitating/predicting life scenarios?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Why am I moving goal posts ? All bombs have a finite blast and fallout radius, whether nuclear or conventional, the radius of a bio weapon is potentially infinite if no quick quarantine is performed. And a bio weapon risks it coming back to your side which is why I say ISIS are not stupid enough to risk harming their own unless they're desperate to do that.

Not to mention, the ability to make a dirty bomb compared to a bio weapon is incredibly different and I doubt ISIS has many biologists with PHD's among their ranks with the skills and equipment needed to make a biological weapon

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

An attack on a nuclear facility will immediately trigger a well prepared response.

Heading the technical side of things will be the boss. Who isn't answering his phone. Because he just got whacked.

Once the team get working under the new boss word comes through that some of their families have been targeted.

How's that response going now?
edit on 18 2 2016 by Kester because: risk evaluation

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

An attack on a nuclear facility will immediately trigger a well prepared response.

Heading the technical side of things will be the boss. Who isn't answering his phone. Because he just got whacked.

Once the team get working under the new boss word comes through that some of their families have been targeted.

How's that response going now?
We did see that when the Twin Towers were attacked. But there is another problem though. The plants, some of them are 36 years old, and they are owned by a powerful company. These plants now fail regularly and they are damaged inside. It is just sitting on a ... Everyone knows only Germany wants that Country to stop that Nuke facility. But you know how money works. If the Belgium Government wants to shut down the plants they have to pay billions. Govs do not understand there will be no more Belgium if no one stops them.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

...which is why I say ISIS are not stupid enough to risk harming their own unless they're desperate to do that.

You mean ISIS the nihilst death cult who believe that most of them need to die in the process of jihad before their prophet will return and bring about the final battle of the Apocalypse? That ISIS?

I don't think biological weapons will play a major part in this, but more through lack of skills and materials than any kind of self-preservation. One of their primary methods of attacking "the West" is by blowing themselves up; self-preservation doesn't appear to play a major part in their strategy.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Every time I point out a hole in your argument you switch, thats what I meant about moving the goal posts.

Enjoy your delusions about weapons and tactics.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ummm I was always discussing the potential hazards of a dirty bomb, you were the one who brought nuclear weapons and the need for missiles into this and I don't even know why you did apart from seeing the connection of nuclear facilities and nuclear weapons, but it's one thing having some radioactive material that can be used in a dirty bomb and a whole enriching that material to weapons grade.

Don't make out like I'm the one switching when you're the one doing it and regarding delusions, nothing I've said is deluded, the only deluded idea is yours of ISIS having the capability to use a bio weapon and your cute religious comment

That could be the meaning of this passage, though… a suicide bomber throwing the switch on a 'truck nuke' parked just outside some large facility… "And I saw an angel standing in the sun…"

But I'm the deluded one.... okay butter cup

As for ISIS enjoying killing themselves, yes that is true but you don't see their leadership doing the suicide bombings, so my point still stands that they're not stupid enough to unleash a weapon they can't control that could potentially come back and kill them with no means for defense against it

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Sorry, but your the one all jumping to conclusions. I was trying to help you understand, but you just keep dodging…

Not to mention, just what exactly were they after by spying on him ? Do you think they were trying to get his usual schedule in order to attempt to kidnap and have him build them a dirty bomb ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join