It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS terrorists could have stolen a large amount of radioactive material

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Yeah. You know right after I made that post, I remembered Agent Orange.

I know a gentleman who was a decorated chopper pilot in Vietnam. I have a great deal of respect for this man and his accomplishments. But in the last few years he has succumbed to a chronic terminal neurological disorder that has slowly degraded his nervous system. His doctors believe that his disease is a result of Agent Orange.

I also seem to remember a "Gulf War Syndrome" from the first Gulf War back in 1991. I think it was believed to be related to DU used in the anti-tank munitions.

Thanks for the correction.

-dex

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I would wonder if Daesh members have the expertise to deal with this material and might well end up suffering from this on the lines of, the suicide bomber who blew himself up before leaving his home. It really depends on how many of them are experienced in handling this kind of material. Hopefully what goes around comes around.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I'm glad the media/government is giving this "middle east has WMD'S" thing another try. I for one want to find them once and for all, especially the ones we sold them. And by that I mean all of them, we probably know where they are Haha.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

Read about this yesterday.

I wonder if anything will happen in 'Germany' 'Belgium' 'Austria' or even France again.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: DexterRiley
Wouldn't use anything toxic for own troops? What about Agent Orange in the Vietnam War?

en.wikipedia.org...

Another great product from our friends at MONSANTO.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
It's no problem we all forget. It does make you wonder how anyone, both the civilian population and military, can trust the government. Most are unaware of Project Orange I would think.

This man sounds like he must have interesting tales. It'd be interesting to hear them. Terrible conclusion though.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: intrptr

What's the radiation level of depleted Uranium? I understand they use that metal because of its mass. However, I assume that we wouldn't use something extremely toxic to our own troops, unless those troops are wearing personal protection equipment suitable for a radiological environment.

I was also under the impression that the Air Force only used those types of munitions against hard targets. Don't they use another type of ammo when they go after soft targets?

-dex

Hi Dex, sorry for the delay. The DU munitions are penetrators, they fragment on impact with armor or stone, brick walls, the ground, whatever they hit.

Alpha emitters and pyrophoric (combusts in air), highly dangerous long term. Whereever these munitions are employed they leave trace elements of highly dangerous radioactive material in the soil, carried on the wind they can travel far from their origins.

Heres a good read…

article

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join