It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW III - will it actually happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

Not happening if he does that Turkey is 100% finished. Will post interesting articles soon.
edit on 17-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
There will not be a WWIII because its not winnable!
All the powers that could start WWIII would be stupid to do so. And I think they are more friendly in secret than they portray in public.
They are also aware of the threat of a common enemy!

You are assuming that everyone who will ever play the nuclear game wants to have an ever after to their game. Sooner or later, someone will just want to watch the world burn.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yes, it could happen.

I think it's far more likely to happen now than it was just 20 years ago mainly because we are talking about a generation that has never seen war on that kind of scale. The last of the old WWII generation is more or less gone and they were the ones who could remember what that was like.

But until it does, there is no way to say for sure what, if anything will set it off.

I mean, who would have thought a single assassination would tip the scales into WWI? But that's what it was.

War is money, Honey. Russia needs it, the US needs it.
What better way than to throw some proxy bombs ala Vietnam.
Best way to build it is hype nationality. The US is still half assedly thinking Saddam Hussein ordered planes to crash into the World Trade Center with Osama Bin Laden's help...
And then IS which filled the power vacuum of Hussein. Not enough of a threat in their new white Toyotas. Shi8iit can't see those in a desert....

Leading us to this whole Syria thing...

...and to the next which will see the ancient Anatolian peninsula being a battleground yet again.

Proxy wars in smelly countries that most people in Russia or the US even know exist.
Except for that nuclear exchange so the world knows again how horrible it is to have your skin melt off. For 100,000 people.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Some very astute and interesting opinions here guys. Well done!

When I started this thread I felt it would be fairly polarized. This is very interesting to watch as it unfolds.

How many activities do people engage in that they know are harming themselves on a daily basis? Every day that goes by without something horrible happening only fortifies the belief that nothing will happen. How far up the scale of harm do you have to go before the global 'we' says, "OK, thats enough."

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

you only need one hand over the red button and my patience is running thin

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why you all think it won't be nuclear? I in fact think it will be very nuclear.

Bombs will fly all over the world. But it won't be doomsday, yes almost all people will die, but as specie we will survive and hopefully build a better world than this .

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

that was a joke

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

With the world's shakey economic situation, EVERYONE needs money.

It's one of the factors that could lead to WWIII. I don't deny it. It's why I said that no one knows what will eventually set it off it it happens.

I know there are competing theories as to why the US got into WWII, but in the end, it wasn't the Depression itself that triggered us to get into it. If it had been, we would have jumped on board a whole lot sooner instead of waiting for the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbor. But no one could deny that we also needed money during those Depression years.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes but money making war will sure not be nuclear. If we have ww3 to make money like USA is doing in past 200 years then it will be long war without end and people in military industry will get richer every day.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I personally think or should I say hope that leaders of countries who possess nuclear missiles have enough sense to realize using them would only seal their own destruction. Even if a missile landed in the U.S., we have submarines, planes and ships that could easily retaliate and deliver a nuclear missle. We also have nuclear defense systems that could destroy a missile before it hit the U.S. mainland.

The only country I would be concerned about is North Korea. Kim is irrational and paranoid. I do believe if North Korea ever tried to launch an attack, their country would quickly be turned into a huge empty parking lot.

Using nuclear weapons also has another problem for the country who would be foolish enough to launch a nuclear attack, radiation fall out. Any neighboring country would end up receiving radiation fall out. This would cause a whole other set of problems for the country who launched the nuke.

When all is said and done, it really doesn't seem like a nuclear exchange would be a win, win situation for either country. Mutual annihilation is as real now as it was during the cold war.

I really think the American people are getting tired of military conflicts and wars for the past 14 years. We all know how the Vietnam war lost government support.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

How many activities do people engage in that they know are harming themselves on a daily basis? Every day that goes by without something horrible happening only fortifies the belief that nothing will happen. How far up the scale of harm do you have to go before the global 'we' says, "OK, thats enough."

It works for you and against you.

Sure people do things and nothing happens and you can say it works in our favor against WWIII. At the same time, the world is under an incredible amount of stress between shifting power balances, shaky economies, demographic issues, populace unrest, etc. Things that might once have been annoying might push a leader or government over the edge when it comes on top of a host of other problems.

A perceived weakness today might be an advantage that others can't afford to pass up if they want to try to minimize their own problems.

All these things can cause something as seemingly simple as an assassination to blow up into full-on, global conflict - they did before and they can today.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ask yourselfs

if you think your life has value if you don't value life worth living

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The Third world war has existed for over half a century now, has there ever been a time of peace in the world with no wars since the end of the second world war.

But an almighty nuclear exchange, maybe it shall but I actually think the Chinese and the North Korean's will play a part in it if it does as well as likely smaller dirty bomb's which it is only a matter of time before some terrorist faction sets off or a western sarin incident similar to the tokyo incident.

Actually I think that even without and international war there is a slowly growing war between corporate interests and people, what you may be seeing in the US is just the start and the protestors for instance have gained an international hearing with many in the world (whom don't really matter) and more importantly a great many in the US taking the protestors side on moral ground's and even agreeing with them.

Likely if it continues you will see an increase over about two decades in these incidents with the wealthy class moving into ever more secure areas while the rest of the nation falls under more and more surveilance society and martial style police with civil liberty suspension, then assuming it does not happen now and burn itself out there will be sudden organised violent uprising's which will be put down using lethal force, this will then escalate with the rebel's being tarred and feathered in the press as traitors to the state and Terrorist, even being framed and blackened by allegations of crime's they have not commited and public smear campaigns as part of the corporate puppet state's mind control tactic's, by this time though the people will probably finally be wise to it, at least enough of them will.

Precision strikes with no warning and press blackout will be used against these Disruptive element's but given the number of US citizens whom have served in the military as well as a growing number of disgruntled AGENT's whom will themselves not trust one another for obvious reason's it may turn the tables on the controlling secret government whom have long hijacked the US by taking control of it's compartmentalised government structure and replacing democracy with the intelligence apparatus of the industrial defence industry.

At it's current rate of police abuse, growing suppression of freedom, DHS death camps and Montauk based surveilance and control technology's oppressing many then the US could flare into sporadic localised civil conflicts within the next ten years, give it a little longer and an organised network could rise leading to a much larger scale sporadic civil war within the next 15 years unless something is done to negate the corporate interests and return power back to the US citizenry and there local legislature.

Of course this is just an outsiders view based on probably biased account's of what is really happening in the state's I see on ATS and a few other site's.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A World War? No. Not a chance. Why? Because their are not two sides that have power bases that span the planet. A regional conflict, maybe. If say war broke with Russia, it would be a regional conflict. Russia has not allies around the world that would be willing fight. Same thing with China. iran, North Korea. Most of the rest of the Word is all on one side. So none of those nations is going to fight for the others. In particular when it is a losing proposition. When you have most of Central and South America in a military alliance with the United States, most of Europe in a military alliance with the United States, with the African Union basically acting as NATOs junior partner, with Israel and the Arab League working as US allies, with India, Japan, ANZUS, ASEAN, South Korea, and Taiwan all working with the US to contain China in Asia you end up with most of the planet on one side. In that situation a world war is simply not possible. A regional war although not likely is at least possible.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It is happening now. Lots of little brush fire wars around the globe, both sides arming and fighting proxy wars.

This stage is the building stage like in the Game of Risk. Everyone needs to take a country and put armies there, all in 'peaceful' fun…

…the unspoken goal always being domination of the whole world.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

World War.

Its just a phrase, and everyones definition of it seems to vary, from "we already are in WW3" to all kinds of speculation as to the elements of whatever this "world war 3" would entail.

Personally, i hope an attempted nuclear exhange happens, is thwarted by E.T.s, and they take over and kick some serious ass. Im tired of humanity's #ing bull#.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

NATO, Erdogan are the only ones Crazy enough to start the war between Russia, NATO is the one expanding not Russia, only cares about the stability.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

a Proxy war between power states is already happening Syria and Kurdistan is the regional front. In the end i believe Kurds with Syria, Allies of Russia would be able to have their homeland.

Assad and the Syrian Army would retake more land and areas away off the Islamists and so called Western moderates.

A nuclear exhange wont be happening, a Wasteland is not profitable

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn

NATO, Erdogan are the only ones Crazy enough to start the war between Russia, NATO is the one expanding not Russia, only cares about the stability.

Yeah tell that to Georgia and Ukraine. Russia and Turkey are doing the same exact thing both trying get a piece of post ISIS Syria in its sphere of influence. Turkey has interest in starting a war it does not need to. It is just sitting back and watching Russia continue to fall. And Russia is not going to start a war because they can not win.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a few things to note.

In Ukraine Currently its being controlled by foreign ministers who are loyal to NATO and America. Are you suggesting that Ukraine is better off now with the Georgian officials running their country like Mikhail Saakashvili?

Who has being accused of squandering state funds for purchasing a private jet equipped with one-seat catapult. Saakashvili is also accused of other spending which does not correspond to his activities as the president? and now his running as a governor of Odessa?

watching Russia continue to fall

So many in the western news media and on the social media had being hoping and wishing for Russia to fall but its the opposite that is happening.

Sir i hope you understand that Europe needs Russia more then America. America has being Occupying Europe since the end of World War II under the pretexts of a "European Protection"

The Western European countries are falling apart just look around you. Their economics, people are being forced into poverty and what is our leaders solution to end poverty?

MORE MIGRANTS!

However having more migrants in your country is not a solution to fix the poverty.

Syria in its sphere of influence.

So what?

Would you rather have Syria fall under the sphere of influence to Saudis and Turkey who are killing Kurds? and recently invaded Iraq?

The Saudis are butchering civilians in Yemen and now they pretend to shed tears over Syrians?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join