It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Obama Will Not Attend Justice Scalia's Funeral

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If he showed it would be a political act used against them, if he doesn't he is a secret communist muslim that golfs more than Republicans in secret...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

So then why send the Veeper?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And me the opposite, but you want to throw a label on me. Strange how that works out.

The label was the definition of the word, to a tee. If you dislike that, so be it...but I use words when I write.

Ah go fly a kite, I completely comprehend that it is your opinion that they are different and one some how more respectful than the other.

No, it's not an opinion that the displaying of the body is different than the funeral. We call that a viewing where I'm from. The funeral follows. Let's check out word definitions again:

fu·ner·al
/ˈfyo͞on(ə)rəl/

noun

the ceremonies honoring a dead person, typically involving burial or cremation.

synonyms: burial, interment, entombment

Synonyms added for clarity that a burial or cremation is the norm.

I'll save you the trouble and direct this at me:

Y'all are the ones making the issue about this, sorry that barry isn't doing what you think he should do. I know it is VERY un PC of him. I am sure someone can find the number to that PC police that people are always talking about to force him to do what you want.

Well, to be fair, that's what this thread was about. You're the one swimming against the current, here. I'm sorry he's doing something that I consider inconsiderate and disrespectful, but honestly--and I've said this on this thread before--I'm not surprised. I'm not concerning myself with political correctness, here, I'm basing my opinion on how I see his specific action and sending someone in his stead--unclassy and undignified, if you ask me.

/threadparticipation

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
"Obama Will Not Attend Justice Scalia's Funeral". Some people don't like to see the dead dog even after approving the euthanasia. I guess Obama doesn't have the stomach for seeing the results of his actions. Probably why he likes drones so much.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm basing my opinion on how I see his specific action and sending someone in his stead--unclassy and undignified, if you ask me.

While ignoring that he is going to pay his respects on a different day.

What ever, guess if you have to find a reason to hate on obama when there isn't that is on you.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
For those of you stating that Mr. Obama has a responsibility to attend Justice Scalia's funeral ... what was your reason for this belief again?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't think he should go because the last time we seen him at a service (Nelson Mandela) he was flirting with another woman with his own wife next to him.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
For those of you stating that Mr. Obama has a responsibility to attend Justice Scalia's funeral ... what was your reason for this belief again?

Well Obama also has a responsibility to appoint a replacement for Scalia but they seem to be ignoring that. They're very inconsistent with their beliefs.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I don't think he should go because the last time we seen him at a service (Nelson Mandela) he was flirting with another woman with his own wife next to him.

... and here we have all these 'reports' that he's gay and Michelle is really a man.

Just don't know who to believe these days.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Got quiet in here ...

For some reason.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because reasons!!!

Just like we all know that the funeral is the ONLY way you can show your respects to people. I for one did not know that am very relieved it was spelled out for me.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's because you're not a "real" American ya know ...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Crap...

Thanks Obama!!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Honestly, I've never understood the idea of politicians going to funerals to show respect. If they liked the person and got along then sure, why not. Expecting a persons political adversaries to show up though is really just a big lie, and makes the people who are legitimately there more uncomfortable.

If Obama doesn't want to go, then what's the big deal?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

but Cruz isn't the sitting president

Doesn't matter. He's aspiring for the highest office of the land. He'll have far more on his plate as president than he does now trying to run for the position. The fact he complained Obama isn't attending, but isn't himself, exposes his hypocrisy, and those of his supporters and those complaining about Obama.

Fair game.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I can see your reasoning, but I just disagree with the opinion that a random candidate should attend the funeral of a SCJustice just because he may or may not one day become president and hold the same office of the person currently occupying the job who refuses to go to the funeral.

But if he was the current president, I'd hold the same opinion that he should attend the funeral.

Of course, it could be that the family doesn't want the president to attend--but I can imagine that is the case, since Biden and wife are attending in Obama's stead.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So ... it seems the consensus is that Mr. Obama has the responsibility to attend the funeral of Justice Scalia because of the nature of their offices ... i.e. that Mr. Obama should attend because of respect for the office of Associate Supreme Court Justice ...

Not because President Obama and Justice Scalia were good friends, or political allies, or anything along those lines ...

We've seen that there is no certain historical precedent for a President attending or not attending such a funeral ...

The only reasonable conclusion here some of you just can't imagine that all American's don't hold Scalia in the near-divine state of reverence that you do perhaps even including the President.

The last eight years have clearly demonstrated that no one in national government deserves any respect solely on the status of the "high Office" they hold.

Therefore, respect "deserved" is respect "earned" ... right?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Good for him. I wouldn't want to attend the funeral of that man either. Hell, it's not like Obama knew him as more than an occasional handshake or second hand email.

you are one cold hearted jerk. how are you getting stars for being a jerk? i hope nobody you work with ever dies.

as the old saying goes, actions speak louder then words.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: the owlbear

Good for him. I wouldn't want to attend the funeral of that man either. Hell, it's not like Obama knew him as more than an occasional handshake or second hand email.

you are one cold hearted jerk. how are you getting stars for being a jerk? i hope nobody you work with ever dies.

as the old saying goes, actions speak louder then words.

Did you go to Justice Scalia's funeral?

If not, why not? Are you a "cold-hearted jerk" as well?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join