It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Obama Will Not Attend Justice Scalia's Funeral

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The White House has confirmed that President Barack Obama will not attend Justice Antonin Scalia's funeral Saturday.

Source

When pressed for clarification on Obama missing the funeral, White House press secretary Josh Earnest repeated that "the president will pay his respects at the Supreme Court on Friday and he'll be joined with the first lady when he does that."

When asked whether Obama's Saturday plans include golfing, Earnest stressed instead that the president believes it is important to honor Scalia's life and service.

Not sure whether this adds to the conspiracy theories or is just a sign of disrespect from Obama.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Good for him. I wouldn't want to attend the funeral of that man either. Hell, it's not like Obama knew him as more than an occasional handshake or second hand email.

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Good for him. I wouldn't want to attend the funeral of that man either. Hell, it's not like Obama knew him as more than an occasional handshake or second hand email.

I have attended funerals of plenty of people who I barely knew or did not personally like. I did so because I respected them. There is a difference.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

How it is disrespectful? He is going to pay his respects at a different service.
The service he is going to is even before the funeral.
edit on thWed, 17 Feb 2016 14:11:13 -0600America/Chicago220161380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I refuse to attend funerals for anyone no matter how well I knew them. Funerals are just a pathetic showing of people's addiction to life.

+32 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It is very disrespectful for the potus to not attend. This is a member of the highest court in the land, and as such deserving of some respect. I bet if it was ginsberg or sotomayer he would be on tv bawling his fake tears all over the place.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What a dumb question. Obama golfs every Saturday. Everyone should know that by now.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed

originally posted by: the owlbear

I have attended funerals of plenty of people who I barely knew or did not personally like. I did so because I respected them. There is a difference.

That's you. I'm different. Obama is different.
And I've never attended a funeral of someone I never knew. That's just weird.
Never knew them but want to see the corpse...

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh Gawd, if Obama had attended the funeral, you guys would be griping about how fake and insincere he was for going to the funeral of an adversary. You'd be saying "Trump wouldn't be PC - if he didn't like 'em, he wouldn't go."

Meh.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Scalia was deserving of nothing but contempt, it's a pity there's no hell for him to go to.....GJ Barry!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

But he is going to show his respects to the judge... Is the funeral the only place you can do it at?

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I personally think it is a douche move by a person who has gone a long way to elevate the douche move into superstardom. I would have been more shocked if Dear Leader actually attended.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
The White House has confirmed that President Barack Obama will not attend Justice Antonin Scalia's funeral Saturday.

Thanks for letting us know. I won't be attending either.

Obama is going to the Supreme Court on Friday, where Scalia's body is "resting". VP Biden will be at the funeral.
edit on 2/17/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why in the world should Obama pay respects to Saclia? The man never showed Obama an ounce of respect.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Considering how he conducted himself at Nelson Mandela's service, it's probably for the best. Scalia was a National Treasure and deserves better than to have Obama there.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

More shocking news: I won't be attending the funeral either.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

Why in the world should Obama pay respects to Saclia? The man never showed Obama an ounce of respect.

It is called taking the high road. But it appears Dear Leader prefers the dirt road.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Poor us obama isint going to a funeral bla bla bla,
Same people complaining for more fake outrage at obama.
edit on 17-2-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

It is called taking the high road. But it appears Dear Leader prefers the dirt road.

But I noticed you aren't taking the high road by not calling your President a douche.

At least Obama hasn't publicly called Scalia a douche... because that would definitely be low.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Vroomfondel

But he is going to show his respects to the judge... Is the funeral the only place you can do it at?

Its not the only place - but it would be the appropriate place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join