It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is closer to the teachings of Jesus than Christianity.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If anyone asked me, I would have to say, from an honest perspective, Christianity is the fakest religion ever concocted its a fake story about people who never existed and they run around preaching like they know for an absolute fact that it definitely happened because "God preserved it" like that means anything.

At least Muslims actually live what that learn and take it seriously, fake stories or not they are dedicated to that ish.

Christians, most that I know with some exceptions, are hypocritical arrogant and rude if you get into the bible too deep with them and question something ridiculous, like Judas' 2 deaths and they get flustered and try and combine the two stories in hypocrite fashion. It's hilarious.

Christians, your the worst.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The dead in that case were believers of a polythiestic religion, openly rejecting the proof of Moses' besting the Egyptian Sorcerers.
Since there is only one version of these events we are told they saw the power of Moses' god versus their whole pantheon, plagues, etc. Still chose to side with the losing team to the point of running down unarmed slaves for slaughter.

So yes it was fair, and thier is no comparison to the Garden scene in question.

1 John 4:19
"We love, because He first loved us."

Its not anthropomorphising god, but rather the opposite. HE set patterns in nature, which we see in every parent-offspring bond. We simply mirror them as best we understand.

Adam's sin had destroyed his fellowship with God and of course he knew this, and He was pointing it out to Adam. It is a question we need to ask of ourselves. Where am I? Am I in fellowship with God or in rebellion against Him?

I hope you and your family many more years of happiness.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

So yes it was fair, and thier is no comparison to the Garden scene in question

well if you say so...therefore we throw all logic out, you must be right

Am I in fellowship with God or in rebellion against Him?

Depends what you mean by god...if you're referring to that mountain pseudo god called jehovah; the Gnosticts wrote warnings about him.

And I wish you and your family well...we are all on different journeys...our paths may cross in this life or any of the many others.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What logic are you talking about? This is a discussion about incredible events thousands of years ago, and youre pulling up unrelated events with reasoning(however sound it is or isnt) that isnt applicable here in OP thread.

It could very well be all fiction, but thats not what we are discussing

Re read my post up there, it still stands in light of your reply.

Depends what you mean by god...if you're referring to that mountain pseudo god called jehovah; the Gnosticts wrote warnings about him.

Exactly, in context of OP's post we are talking about the God in the NT. Gnostics are one-offs from Egypt, not widely accepted due to more holes in the narrative than the others that did make canon.

We are talking Canon here and by that context we have the boundaries of this discussion. Koran, and the New Testement.

I believe our disagreement lies in perspectives. I'm not entirely sure your position is within the evidences in question.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join