It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is closer to the teachings of Jesus than Christianity.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Today it is known as Istanbul, the great christian cathedral of Aya Sophia was desecrated by the invaders whom turned it into a mosque but it was not totally destroyed for despite there barbarity the Celjik turk's whom had built there own empire on the corpse of Byzantium had wanted to take the city intact, there was rape and enslavement of course but mostly other than the once massive roman wall's which had been unable to guard the city from the Turk's massive siege cannon's it remained intact and became the capital of the new Ottoman Empire.

But once again NO there is no real similarity, there is a distinct similarity between the people of Islam and those whom lived during the time of the old and new testament but not the religion and this is because of shared semitic tradition's.

The arab's and there traditions including there pagan one's hand of Fatima, vulva shaped black stone sacred to the moon goddess on the Kabba and it's only surviving idol etc are also a semitic people.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul
a reply to: yosako

God/Allah wants us to be good people, do good things. I'll follow God on thatvanyday.

Your confused about Islam it is a peaceful religion. Not all Muslims are peaceful and the same is true with Christians.

War has nothing to do with Islam, it's about power and territory. I can see you don't know much about Islam. You wouldn't have made such an ignorant comment.

Every group has bad apples, lets not confuse them with the good.

Most Muslims are awesome people.

I have met Muslim that are nice people.
. And I do admire Maajid Nawaz for his work against fundamentalism.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Oh no, i'm not saying that Muhammed was actually a prophet, or even someone you should look up to. I'm just trying to offer some perspective to people that think that christianity and islam are opposites, that Christianity is "good" and islam is "Evil."

Hell, i'm an Atheist so I don't have a pony in this race at all, just trying to have a discussion.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
So we have learnt and evolved to the state that we do not need to have sex to produce babies. So saying God do not have sex and do not have a son because it is impossible without sex.. We today, are we more intelligent and able than God ?
Someone who creates heaven and earth and all around suddenly is not capable to do that ?

Well, God is certainly intelligent enough to have sex, its just that it can't have sex with a human.

God is mostly plasma in content but has hardened tentacles much like a cross between and octopus and jelly fish. This all powerful being has no sex organ, rather it's entire body can be utilized as a sex organ.
He's also extremely larger in size than a human, so again, physically impossible.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hah!!! This is my opinion, I don't need proof, my intro was enough for me.

Nobody can prove God exists, and I only call the ignorant, ignorant because they/you are.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I love exposing ignorant people. Only a simpleton equates Islam with violence. America is just as violent as any non war zone nation.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Jesus was also very fond of wine, a blessed drink that Islam does not fancy. I suppose he was one of the first teetotallers.

May I also remind you that while the Quoran indeed contains parts of the Bible, they are severely shortened segments and are just abstracts that does not capture the full message of those passages of the Bible, thereby missing the point entirely. The other 90% of the Quoran is not about religion, but all about how you should live your life, how you should think, how you should dress, who you should like, who should be your enemies, what you should eat (and not) and so on. That is not religion. That is dictatorship, sectinism and despotism.
edit on 17/2/2016 by moniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Funny.. Question was if we are able to create babies without intercourse so God is not able to do the same. According the bible he made Adam out of clay and Eve from his rib bone.. so according to bible God is behind all the matter on earth. So if that is so he should be quite capable of creating a son without having a sex.. shouldn´t he ?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I love exposing ignorant people.

From the looks of your OP, your quite good at it as well.

Long live the motto of ATS...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Duplicate.
edit on 17/2/2016 by moniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Meh...One controller Religion created by another...as to polytheism of Christianity...there's always the pagan crescent Moon that the Muslims have on their flag...you figure it out

muslimvoices.org...

For many people the image of the crescent moon and Islam go hand-in-hand. The two have become so entwined in the popular imagination that it’s lead some to believe that Muslims worship a moon god, which isn’t true.

Muslims worship Allah who they believe is also the god of the Jews and Christians. But how did the two, the moon and Islam, become so closely associated? It all goes back to the Ottomans.

The Muslim Ottoman Empire controlled large swaths of the Middle East and North Africa when, as any empire builders, they decided they wanted to expand and the territory they wanted was in Europe – eventually they would come to control Greece, much of the Balkans and portions of eastern Europe.

On the Ottoman flag was the crescent moon – a symbol the Turks adopted from the city of Constantinople after conquering it. Because the crescent moon was the symbol for the Ottomans, it also became the symbol for Muslims in general for many in the West.

It has since been adopted by some Muslim nations – finding its way onto the flags of countries as diverse as Malaysia, Pakistan and Algeria. Although some in the Muslim community reject the crescent moon because it can be seen as a pagan symbol.

www.redicecreations.com...

"How the Vatican created Islam
How the Vatican created Islam. The astonishing story from an ex-Jesuit priest, Alberto Rivera, which was told to him by Cardinal Bea while he was at the Vatican.
2006 04 13"

his information came from Alberto Rivera, former Jesuit priest after his conversion to Protestant Christianity. It is excerpted from "The Prophet," published by Chick Publications, PO Box 662, Chino CA 91708. Since its publication, after several unsuccessful attempts on his life, he died suddenly from food poisoning. His testimony should not be silenced. Dr. Rivera speaks to us still ...

"What I'm going to tell you is what I learned in secret briefings in the Vatican when I was a Jesuit priest, under oath and induction. A Jesuit cardinal named Augustine Bea showed us how desperately the Roman Catholics wanted Jerusalem at the end of the third century. Because of its religious history and its strategic location, the Holy City was considered a priceless treasure. A scheme had to be developed to make Jerusalem a Roman Catholic city.

"The great untapped source of manpower that could do this job was the children of Ishmael. The poor Arabs fell victim to one of the most clever plans ever devised by the powers of darkness. Early Christians went everywhere with the gospel setting up small churches, but they met heavy opposition. Both the Jews and the Roman government persecuted the believers in Christ to stop their spread. But the Jews rebelled against Rome, and in 70 AD, Roman armies under General Titus smashed Jerusalem and destroyed the great Jewish temple which was the heart of Jewish worship...in fulfillment of Christ's prophecy in Matthew 24:2.

"On this holy placed today where the temple once stood, the Dome of the Rock Mosque stands as Islam's second most holy place. Sweeping changes were in the wind. Corruption, apathy, greed, cruelty, perversion and rebellion were eating at the Roman Empire, and it was ready to collapse. The persecution against Christians was useless as they continued to lay down their lives for the gospel of Christ.

"The only way Satan could stop this thrust was to create a counterfeit "Christian" religion to destroy the work of God. The solution was in Rome. Their religion had come from ancient Babylon and all it needed was a face-lift. This didn't happen overnight, but began in the writings of the 'early church fathers'.

"It was through their writings that a new religion would take shape. The statue of Jupiter in Rome was eventually called St. Peter, and the statue of Venus was changed to the Virgin Mary. The site chosen for its headquarters was on one of the seven hills called 'Vaticanus', the place of the diving serpent where the Satanic temple of Janus stood.

"The great counterfeit religion was Roman Catholicism, called 'Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth'- Revelation 17:5. She was raised up to block the gospel, slaughter the believers in Christ, establish religions, create wars and make the nations drunk with the wine of her fornication as we will see.

"Three major religions have one thing in common - each has a holy place where they look for guidance. Roman Catholicism looks to the Vatican as the Holy City. The Jews look to the wailing wall in Jerusalem, and the Muslims look to Mecca as their Holy City. Each group believes that they receive certain types of blessings for the rest of their lives for visiting their holy place. In the beginning, Arab visitors would bring gifts to the 'House of God', and the keepers of the Kaaba were gracious to all who came. Some brought their idols and, not wanting to offend these people, their idols were placed inside the sanctuary. It is said that the Jews looked upon the Kaaba as an outlying tabernacle of the Lord with veneration until it became polluted with idols.

The Kaaba, Mecca. Image from: webislam.com
"In a tribal contention over a well(Zamzam) the treasure of the Kaaba and the offerings that pilgrims had given were dumped down the well and it was filled with sand - it disappeared. Many years later Adb Al-Muttalib was given visions telling him where to find the well and its treasure. He became the hero of Mecca, and he was destined to become the grandfather of Muhammad. Before this time, Augustine became the bishop of North Africa and was effective in winning Arabs to Roman Catholicism, including whole tribes. It was among these Arab converts to Catholicism that the concept of looking for an Arab prophet developed.

"Muhammad's father died from illness and sons born to great Arab families in places like Mecca were sent into the desert to be suckled and weaned and spend some of their childhood with Bedouin tribes for training and to avoid the plagues in the cities.

"After his mother and grandfather also died, Muhammad was with his uncle when a Roman Catholic monk learned of his identity and said, "Take your brother's son back to his country and guard him against the Jews, for by god, if they see him and know of him that which I know, they will construe evil against him. Great things are in store for this brother's son of yours."

"The Roman Catholic monk had fanned the flames for future Jewish persecutions at the hands of the followers of Muhammad. The Vatican desperately wanted Jerusalem because of its religious significance, but was blocked by the Jews.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Funny.. Question was if we are able to create babies without intercourse so God is not able to do the same. According the bible he made Adam out of clay and Eve from his rib bone.. so according to bible God is behind all the matter on earth. So if that is so he should be quite capable of creating a son without having a sex.. shouldn´t he ?

It would just not be as fun.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Jesus never commissioned the faithful to kill anyone, quite the opposite.

Nice try

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I love exposing ignorant people. Only a simpleton equates Islam with violence. America is just as violent as any non war zone nation.

Please compare that statement to the quran quotes above.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Just because Paul was a false prophet do not make Muhammad a true prophet.

There is to many similarities between Hitler and Muhammad behavior and duallistic teaching for me to not see the insanity they both have brought to humanity.

Where Yeshua made sure he did not go over "eye for an eye"/"The mirror", Muhammad and Hitler in the end missed the mark.

Rumi, Nanak, Zoroaster and Yeshua knew what they where talking about and compered to them Muhammad is predatory and small minded. A soul without self control.

And the curse of duality hate will always follow Muhammad and his followers until he is totally disconnected from the historic person and his words are rewritten to follow the golden rule in all the verses where he logically miss the mark. The curse that will always bring war and genocide and counter war and genocide.

Judaism also suffer from the same curse, but some of them have used secular humanistic thinking to temper some of the problem. Except the Zionist of course that still suffer from the full curse that will bring war not peace to all humankind.

Have you ever read Rumi's poetry?

99% of it is about Muhammad's greatness and mercy.

What an odd response.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Allah is everything to Christians who speak Arabic.

Another odd response.
edit on 17-2-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Have you ever read Rumi's poetry?

99% of it is about Muhammad's greatness and mercy.

What an odd response.

Nothing odd about it all, especially considering the fact that Rumi was a Muslim preacher...

Show me an Islamic preacher that says anything bad about Muhammad and I'll show a man with a death wish.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That is because you think Rumi is talking about Muhammad when he say the prophet and not himself.

The story becomes very different when you look at Rumi as the awareness/prophet himself. And some poems where still hidden for they where too heretical for Islam.

Rumi walked a fine line between revealing hidden truth and getting in trouble with his community.

Last night,
I saw the realm of joy and pleasure.
There I melted like salt;
no religion, no blasphemy,
no conviction or uncertainty remained.
In the middle of my heart,
a star appeared,
and the seven heavens were lost in its brilliance.

A true Lover doesn't follow any one religion,
be sure of that.
Since in the religion of Love,
there is no irreverence or faith.
When in Love,
body, mind, heart and soul don't even exist.
Become this,
fall in Love,
and you will not be separated again.

Alas, don't say those treading the path are not the chosen ones.
That the followers of Christ, or the faithless are not the chosen ones.
Because you are not chosen to be the keeper of secrets.
You think that other are not the chosen ones.

I think Muhammad would have killed Rumi for contradicting him if he had been alive since Rumi saw beyond the term Kafir.
edit on 17-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Man, I like the stuff this Rumi says, I'm going to read some more about that guy. That's downright enlightened.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter

Radical muslims are just taking their book literally, and the bible is just as awful as the Qur'an when it comes to violence and hatred.

Allah is a pagan moon God

Anyway can you differentiate between the Old Testament and the New

Evidently not

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join