It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war on cash continues: Bilderberger Larry Summers wants to "kill" $100s and $50s.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What is "wrong" with having 100's?
Like there is something inherently "wrong"with a larger bill?

Or do you perhaps mean "as opposed to"?
Really two entirely different questions.

Hopefully you do not mean "wrong" as in "morally wrong"?

edit on 18-2-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: gladtobehere

Meh. How many $50 or $100 bills do you keep in your wallet at any given time?

The wallet is not the full objective here,
it is the cookie jar that would be under duress.

Exactly, having NO ability to have money outside the careful watchful eyes of someone.

No way to save without someone knowing, it is truly bizarre.

Cash is something I make SURE to carry on me at all times, and SO many times it has been incredibly useful while the fools in stores internet is down, or you even want to bless some bum that warms your heart.

Dollar bills in pocket is AWESOME.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Exactly, having NO ability to have money outside the careful watchful eyes of someone.

No way to save without someone knowing, it is truly bizarre.

It really does make you wonder...with the price of everything these
days, rarely does anything go down in price, why would they do this?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

"I'll give you my $100 note when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Why???? To remove cash!! That's why.

It's no mystery honestly. They want to slowly, or quickly, remove all cash and control all transactions and money completely.

They talk about it openly. Just google it.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So on abc news radio today there were dicussing how criminals hoard $100 bills and by using these higher notes we are enabling crime.......what a suprise eh

Together, the $50 and $100 notes account for 92 per cent of the value of all banknotes in circulation.

They want our cash......
www.news.com.au... tes/news-story/5e8d287d9133d03f3dd51b394709b666

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wont it be awesome when they apply negative interest rates in your cashless society.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
They are going to do it sometime in the next 10 years.

They were working on National Health Care for my whole life. Then they did it.

Agenda 21, from back in the 1990's, had a part about each citizen getting, for example, 100 credits every week. You can't save them, use them or lose them. You would never have more than 100 credits.

The clunky fix is to buy stuff that will be wanted by others. At least now there is a lot of nice and useful stuff that folks will want. Like buy a life time supply of paper towels. If you have the storage space you could save a lot of money and something to trade for small stuff maybe.

Or buy small gold and silver. Their value will go up until the gov can make legal tender creation totally secret, totally electronic, and totally mandatory.

5-gram gold bars

Five-gram gold bars are the smallest metric gold bars that CMI Gold & Silver Inc. carries. Each 5-gram bar contains .1607 oz. of gold, with premiums from 10% down to 5.5%. By comparison, US Mint 1/10-oz Gold Eagles have premiums from 18% down to 13%.

Perth Mint 5-gram gold bars are readily available and are packaged 25 bars to a box.
www.cmi-gold-silver.com...

The War on Cash

Joe Salerno PhD has a lot of videos about money and gold.

Hans Hoppe PhD explains the symbiosis between fractional reserve banking and politics.

edit on 19-2-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But nothing is being done about legal counterfeiting.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What is "wrong" with having 100's?
Like there is something inherently "wrong"with a larger bill?

Or do you perhaps mean "as opposed to"?
Really two entirely different questions.

Hopefully you do not mean "wrong" as in "morally wrong"?

I don't really care one way or the other. That was my point. If we have them, cool. If not. Oh well.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Exactly. At least if you have your savings under your bed instead of in your savings account you won't lose as much. With negative interest rates they will be taking money out of your savings account instead of paying you interest.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
But nothing is being done about legal counterfeiting.

I agree that is an issue, and one that I post about often, but it is an entirely different matter in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

To me it's a direct result of that. If central banks and banks weren't creating money out of thin air all these decades we wouldn't have reached to the point where we need negative interest rates just to keep up the facade of a healthy economy, and to force people to spend their money.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

To me it's a direct result of that. If central banks and banks weren't creating money out of thin air all these decades we wouldn't have reached to the point where we need negative interest rates just to keep up the facade of a healthy economy, and to force people to spend their money.

I have not seen negative rates in the United States. The rampant printing of money is a wholly separate issue from wanting to remove high domination bills from circulation, which has happened previously.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

They will soon reach the U.S.. Printing money creates booms and busts. In downturns the central banks resort to different methods to try to keep the economy running and to avoid the economy from becoming a complete bust. Lower interest rates are also a part of that arsenal.

Removing high denomination bills is also a method to try to avoid runs on banks.

I hope I wasn't rambling too much. haha

Also check this out.

www.zerohedge.com...

The real reason the war on cash is gearing up now is political: Politicians and central bankers fear that holders of currency could undermine their brave new monetary world of negative interest rates. Japan and Europe are already deep into negative territory, and U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said last week the U.S. should be prepared for the possibility. Translation: That’s where the Fed is going in the next recession.

Negative rates are a tax on deposits with banks, with the goal of prodding depositors to remove their cash and spend it to increase economic demand. But that goal will be undermined if citizens hoard cash. And hoarding cash is easier if you can take your deposits out in large-denomination bills you can stick in a safe. It’s harder to keep cash if you can only hold small bills.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I hope I wasn't rambling too much. haha

No, not at all. I tend to find you and I are politically aligned on most topics.

I just do not see negative rates being prevalent in the United States, there is already a good deal of talk on raising the rates which have been artificially low for far too long and is the foundation for the easy money polices and rampant printing that we have been experiencing.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The Fed is going to push the rate back down. doubt zero, likely back to where it was. Recoveries can take normal interest rates. this recovery could not take a tiny bump in extremely low rates.

Peak oil storage is another issue that is here.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
The Fed is going to push the rate back down. doubt zero, likely back to where it was. Recoveries can take normal interest rates. this recovery could not take a tiny bump in extremely low rates.

Peak oil storage is another issue that is here.

All indicators are that it is going up, which it should as rate hikes are long overdue.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I do not even know when they last time I used cash to buy something. Or even had cash on me. It is kind of like a check book now.

I don't remember the last time you actually agreed with anyone who expressed a negative opinion of the government.

Digital currency is so much easier, it's for our own security the government just want what's best for us...........right?

No hidden agendas here

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

Yes indeed, I think they have done negative rates in Europe, it's all about control and nothing to do with counterfeiting. And to those that do not think it could happen in the U.S...I suggest you re-think your strategy. I think right now will be a good time to buy gold..not paper gold but the real stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join