It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride-free drinking water in Calgary leads to rise in kids' tooth decay

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

It's worth checking out.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: cuckooold

That is excellent. So drink up all the fluoride you wish and be very merry. And I'll live on not drinking any fluoride that I KNOW FOR A FACT harms everything alive.

Maybe it's opposite down under, like how the toilet water flushes going the opposite direction. Seems logic and reason follow suit.

So you KNOW FOR A FACT, yet when I ask a proper Vet, he doesn't respond in the way you told me he would. I'd like to know where the millions of dead or damaged animals are because of fluoride? If you 'knew for a fact' you should be able to link to peer reviewed studies, articles not found only on conspiracy websites, instead of pulling out the 'politically minded conspiracy cover up card' that oh-so conveniently allows one to negate posts or evidence they do not agree with, a very dishonest proposition.

Does what you call logic and reason in your world entail disregarding empirically proven evidence, and only accepting things which reinforce your own beliefs?

It seems no evidence will be enough, and all you have left is throwing around ad-homs.

Lets take this back to the beginning where you came out asking for some authoritative material from me, and you acted like you had no knowledge about anything except your vocal opinion that I was wrong about fluoride. Then I linked a perfectly credible report from a private couple that raised horses who had them die at the expense of fluoride, but you just buggered that as not credible and the web site has an agenda you said. Okay fine, then:

Next you come back claiming you not only found a veterinarian, but you are saying it is a friend. That is quite the pulling of the rabbit out of the hat to support your view isn't it?

So based upon all these "miraculous" things you have mustered, I am CALLING BS on your all your replies.
Now you have no credibility whatsoever and I have no interest in hearing anything coming from you.

Gooday' Mate!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That is excellent. So drink up all the fluoride you wish and be very merry. And I'll live on not drinking any fluoride that I KNOW FOR A FACT harms everything alive.

Maybe it's opposite down under, like how the toilet water flushes going the opposite direction. Seems logic and reason follow suit.

So you KNOW FOR A FACT, yet when I ask a proper Vet, he doesn't respond in the way you told me he would. I'd like to know where the millions of dead or damaged animals are because of fluoride? If you 'knew for a fact' you should be able to link to peer reviewed studies, articles not found only on conspiracy websites, instead of pulling out the 'politically minded conspiracy cover up card' that oh-so conveniently allows one to negate posts or evidence they do not agree with, a very dishonest proposition.

Does what you call logic and reason in your world entail disregarding empirically proven evidence, and only accepting things which reinforce your own beliefs?

It seems no evidence will be enough, and all you have left is throwing around ad-homs.

Lets take this back to the beginning where you came out asking for some authoritative material from me, and you acted like you had no knowledge about anything except your vocal opinion that I was wrong about fluoride. Then I linked a perfectly credible report from a private couple that raised horses who had them die at the expense of fluoride, but you just buggered that as not credible and the web site has an agenda you said. Okay fine, then:

Next you come back claiming you not only found a veterinarian, but you are saying it is a friend. That is quite the pulling of the rabbit out of the hat to support your view isn't it?

So based upon all these "miraculous" things you have mustered, I am CALLING BS on your all your replies.
Now you have no credibility whatsoever and I have no interest in hearing anything coming from you.

Gooday' Mate!

You haven't provided any authoritative material, you've provided a link to a BS site called Fluoride Watch or something. Where are your peer reviewed sources? You've never supplied sources when called upon, only woo hocum and unsubstantiated anecdotes, in every forum you visit.

Put up or shut up.
edit on 18-2-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
NO IT DOESN'T. ALL THE STUDIES DONE SHOW THE OPPOSITE SO THIS IS JUST PROPAGANDA BS!

And more importantly, even if it wasn't bull#, it still doesn't make it right. Common sense sais there are far greater health issues than tooth decay and even if fluoride didn't cause tooth decay, that's not a proof it won't harm you.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Why would I need peer reviewed sources when I have seen the dead animals out in the field croaked over near the watering trough?
I have nothing to prove, especially not to you, since I don't care if you like fluoride and think it is a harmless additive. I know differently and take action on my own. The city that halted its use where I live didn't just come to that decision based on conjecture, and they did it because they saw not only the facts, but the effects upon the livestock that died from it, and also the lab results of tissues and bones degraded from the intake of the poison over time. I wouldn't link those documents to you even if your life depended on it because of your arrogance about the issue.

You say that web site has an agenda? Well it it's obvious you have an agenda yourself. Thankfully your views won't be considered anytime soon where I live.

You have a different view but you have not seen what I have seen. So drink fluoride as much as you want. Maybe you will be able to whistle like a human flute someday

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011 Yes i agree- did they compare IQs of the two school districts? What other differences did they test for or find? Fluoride injection system 51 million down and only 1 million a year to poison the children. Whats not to like?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Fluoride-free drinking water in Calgary leads to rise in kids' tooth decay, study indicates
www.cbc.ca...

University of Calgary study shows rise in decay worst in baby teeth

The study, published Wednesday in the journal Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, compared Grade 2 students in Calgary and Edmonton, which still adds fluoride to its drinking water.

"This is a relatively new finding, so we are going to take a look at the report and go from there with an evidence-based decision," she said. Denise Kokaram, of the Alex Dental Health Bus, says water fluoridation is the cheapest, most economical way to protect dental health in children — especially for families who can't afford dental care.

Jim Stevenson also voted to remove fluoride from Calgary's water, saying there was insufficient medical proof that keeping it would have any benefit.

Carra said at the time of the 2011 vote, council faced a cost of about $10 million to upgrade the city's fluoride injection system, plus an ongoing maintenance cost of $1 million annually.

"The conversation we were having with the province was that fluoridation is a public health issue

Wow...I didn't even know that this was happening in Alberta! Very shocking, and this smells really bad....from the clips I took from the article, this has multiple things that concerns me:

1) Fluoridation of water WITHOUT public vote...because mayors and government "know what is best" to decide for the people..big brother?

2) Big business for the fluoride supplier...using millions of dollars of funding to inject this chemical into public supply, rather than educating on using better toothpaste ($1.99 - 2.99 a tube or something) and diet (less sugary sweetness consumption). Now kids 2 years and under having issues with teeth, that worries me. I never had bad teeth growing up as long as I brushed. Something tells me it has something to do with what kids consume from early on.

3) Fluoridation is now a HEALTH ISSUE?! It never was for years...and now without consuming fluoride in moderation is not good for you? According to WHO?

All this is crap...nothing but about money and screwing over with people's lives. Just crazy!

This is Big Pharma trying to peddle their poison a little more, and they do it well with these BS studies. It specifically states on a bottle of toothpaste flouride is not for human consumption.

The main reason children are having such problems with teeth so early is because when their teeth are first coming in most babies are drinking sugary formula. Anything with -tose is sugar. Gotta give kids Candida overgrowth young, it's profitable down the line.
They get us addicted to the literal poison sugar so young you don't realize you're not supposed to consume it all throughout your life. Most doctors aren't even trained about Candida Overgrowth.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I can't believe the stupidity of people. Fluoridated water is safe and actually beneficial. I grew up in the country and I can tell you that every dentist I've ever been to immediately knows this or it's the first question they ask because my teeth are unusually prone to cavities. The reason they know is because well water is not fluoridated and I had no extra protection for me teeth.

California I heard recently removed fluoride from the water to appease idiots like alex jones and jenny mccarthy who are ignorant uneducated and don' know how to do research. The cavity rate in California is now climbing rapidly due to not having fluoridated water. I head this from my dentist when we were talking about my teeth and why they are so prone to cavities (this was last week).

They have taken away the proven protections to make the troglodytes of society feel better and now everyone is paying the price. I'm glad I live in Ontario where science proof fact and evidence are used and idiotic nonsense from uneducated morons gets tossed in the trash. The anti-vaccers can't even exsit here any longer because everyone's sick of their stupidity. Vaccines are mandatory and required by law no exceptions except medical. If you're religion says you can't then go change religions of GTFO. Being a selfish religious person is no excuse to put others in danger and no longer tolerated.

edit on 20-2-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Water fluoridation kills livestock...

Human livestock included...

Which is the whole purpose behind it.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You haven't provided any authoritative material, you've provided a link to a BS site called Fluoride Watch or something. Where are your peer reviewed sources? You've never supplied sources when called upon, only woo hocum and unsubstantiated anecdotes, in every forum you visit. Put up or shut up.

Just an FYI to all the ATS Authoritarians ...

Your buzzwords are killing your credibility.

Authoritative material ✔
Peer reviewed sources ✔
Unsubstantiated anecdotes ✔
BS ✔
Shut up ✔

On the plus side: King George the Lesser would be SO proud of you for never tolerating outrageous conspiracy theories..

It is scary for people to admit that those who are supposed to be their "leaders" protecting them may in fact be human beings with complicated motives who may not always have their best interests in mind. Indeed, long-term psychological studies show that approximately one-quarter of the American population has an "authoritarian personality", where they look for a "strong leader" to protect them.

Authoritarians not only don't want to hear that the most powerful people might be acting against their interest, they will aggressively defend against any such information. But it's not just the quarter of the population that can be said to clinically suffer from authoritarian personality disorder. All of us - to one degree or another - have invested tremendous hope in the idea that our leaders and institutions will protect us.

Why government shills & intellectual cowards LOVE the term "conspiracy theory"

But both the left and the right are still very timid about openly examining whether those in power in government and business are working to help us or to exploit us. By understanding that everyone - to varying degrees - has psychological resistance to such an examination, based upon the need to assume that the "big people in charge" will protect them and would never hurt them, we can begin to break through their defenses.

With the authoritarians, be prepared for passionate defense of their world-views. But for the other 75% of the population, you may break through by challenging their beliefs in benevolent parental figures and institutions. You might need to wake some people up by saying something like "Do you assume that Daddy will always protect you? Or do you think we may need to assume responsibility for helping to run things ourselves?"

But beware: you will be touching on very deep emotions, and may be met with a backlash. However, if done right, you might plant seeds for future reflection which will lead to real change.

You do understand that creator of the Authoritarian personality profile, Theodor Adorno, was a fascist?

Do also understand that as leader of the Frankfurt School he was instrumental in creating today's degenerate and dumb downed popular culture as well promoting the doctrine of political correctness?

I suggest that read Jeff Steinberg's paper entitled "The CCF: Making the Postwar World safe for a Fascist Kulturkampf".

Here is a book about the Authoritarian Personality written by Bob Altemeyer from the University of Manitoba. It's very interesting.

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster
I can't believe the stupidity of people. Fluoridated water is safe and actually beneficial.

All of us "stoopid" people can't believe the gullibility of you "smart" people...

Fairy tales are for kids BTW...

edit on Feb000000Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:02:42 -060011am29Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:02:42 -060020160220 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We have been lied to on an unbelievable scale.

Until you realize that is a FACT, no amount of truth about fluoridation will sink in.

To those who ARE actually interested in the truth, keep reading...

It doesn't take a lot of poison to kill rats.

The only thing needed is a lot of DECEPTION.

If rats KNEW they were being poisoned, it would no longer work.

This is why the fluoridation controversy is backed by nothing but lies and fraud.

"Fluoridation is the greatest case of scientific fraud of this century, if not of all time." ~ Robert Carton, Ph.D

"We would not purposely add arsenic to the water supply. And we would not purposely add lead. But we do add fluoride. The fact is that fluoride is more toxic than lead and just slightly less toxic than arsenic." ----Dr. John Yiamouyiannis

Only six days after almost every major newspaper around the world announced the results of a scientific review undertaken by the NHS Center for Reviews and Dissemination at the University of York - reporting the fluoridation of public water supplies to be a safe public health measure - shocking evidence was presented Thursday, 10-12-00, during an interview aired on Vancouver radio station CKST AM 1040 which revealed that the review thought to be the "final word on fluoridation" might well turn out be the greatest scientific fraud ever undertaken by a center in charge of evaluating scientific information in the interest of public health.

Greatest 'Scientific' Fluoride Fraud Yet?

"There is not a single scientific, or laboratory, study from anywhere in the world which proves that fluoridation reduces tooth decay in humans. There are, however, hundreds of published scientific papers which show that water fluoridation is dangerous to human, animal, plant and aquatic life, which is no surprise, since fluoride is more toxic than lead and only marginally less so than arsenic."

National Pure Water Association, UK

Most European countries do not fluoridate… so where are all the toothless Europeans?

Fluoride is a cumulative poison… we excrete half what we ingest.

Guess where the rest is stored? In the bones...

edit on Feb000000Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:05:03 -060011am29Sat, 20 Feb 2016 11:05:03 -060020160520 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Anyone seen this yet?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join