It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Year of Lethal Violence, Extremist Groups Expanded Ranks in 2015

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

List of unsuccessful terrorism attacks in the US post 9/11

Regarding this evidence, what do you think?

That's only half of the evidence needed to make a comparison.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
Did I step into an Orwellian nightmarescape???

Oh wait, it's just a Krazyshot thread.

2+2=5
Muslims=Always Good
White America=Always Bad

And I have the sources to prove it too.

How in the world you can justify going into every thread about Islamic Terrorism and bash people for having any concerns at all for their safety and then turn around and create a thread like this is baffling to me. Probably because I live in the real world and you are stuck in 1984

ALL groups are capable of terrible things. It is not a white/black/purple/Islamic/Christian/Cat/Dog issue. You think you're in some sort of higher order because you choose to hate on White people instead of Brown people?

Thanks for the red herring that said nothing and addressed nothing in the OP.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hatred, fear and extremism are being spread like wildfire and sadly, much of the American public are slurping it up. Seems people are searching for differences to hate, rather than similarities to celebrate.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Terrorism is terrorism. Those are all the results. There is hardly anything to compare it to because there were hardly any terror attempts by anyone else.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Terrorism is terrorism. Those are all the results. There is hardly anything to compare it to because there were hardly any terror attempts by anyone else.

Here's your quote word-for-word:

But when I compare the amount of terrorist attempts by Muslims compared to terrorist attempts by any of these groups, where there would have undoubtedly been much loss of life if it wasn't for law enforcement, there is a different picture.

So when I see evidence backing your point, I expect to see comparable data that highlights this comparison you just said you made.
edit on 17-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

SPLC.....really? The article just drips with rhetoric and hyperbole.

Dude, one is hard pressed to not put these sort of threads in the hack and shill file. Even the numbers don't add up. Even if we entertain, but for a moment, that they are all hate groups.......they have a long way to go to catch up.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Just look at all the responses I'm getting in this thread. People are actually trying to downplay my results here or argue that Muslims extremism is still worse in America...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

And I see your point.

But you have to ask yourself who is truly demonising Constitutional patriots with guns...

As far as I'm concerned it is the media, not the left wing, or even the far left wing.

I'm sure they consider themselves as Patriots too.

I can't speak for Sweden as I do not know the full extent of the problem or the geopolitics involved.

I keep up to date with the US as our main Ally... and first and foremost the UK.

Far right groups over here would not be labelled patriotic for their fervour.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Numbers don't add up? You did the calculation did you? The data I'VE seen says that the numbers do line up. It's been no secret that domestic terrorism has been more destructive than Muslim terrorism for a VERY long time.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Dude you want to see evidence backing point.......after using SPLC as a source? SPLC is defunct as anything to be taken seriously anymore. They are a political tool. A propaganda tool.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You don't get it. Those are all the failed terror attacks, Islamic and otherwise. All the data is there.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Numbers don't add up? You did the calculation did you? The data I'VE seen says that the numbers do line up. It's been no secret that domestic terrorism has been more destructive than Muslim terrorism for a VERY long time.

Not even the bomb planting, cop killing lefty 60's/70's extremists and to this day sometimes visit the white house did enough damage to hold certain jock straps.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Dude you want to see evidence backing point.......after using SPLC as a source? SPLC is defunct as anything to be taken seriously anymore. They are a political tool. A propaganda tool.

Do you have better numbers?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

No, I do get it. You said you compared data and I asked to see the data that you compared. If the information you just provided isn't the data you compared then you didn't source your claims.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You don't get it. Those are all the failed terror attacks, Islamic and otherwise. All the data is there.

Again, it's incomplete.

I know this because this thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Didn't make the 2015 list...

Your source, albeit thorough on Islamic extremism, does not compare as you said you would.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

What is wrong with people in this thread? He is talkin 'bout extremists groups, keyword... extremists. Not in one place did he mention or allude to race, nationality, culture or gender.

Idiotic Americans taking the law into their own hands, preaching hate, then shooting up places.

Good god folks need some reading comprehension. Two, whenever someone levels the same criticism against the West, folks panties get into a bunch and they tend to get labeled as anti-white. The ignorance is astounding. The article mentions two different attacks by two seperate groups of people, the only thing they share is their extreme views.

Now for the topic, 2015 seemed the same as previous years, ain't that something. I think we will continue to see these, as the "cats out of the bag" so to speak. There are extreme acts of violence nowadays and folks extremists views only drives a small part of it (thats going off the hip, don't quote me on that).

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20384367]Krazysh0t

So when I see evidence backing your point, I expect to see comparable data that highlights this comparison you just said you made.

If you are going to make a post like this YOU should be the one to provide the comparative information. But then you wouldn't have a tread that would prove your point. It would prove the opposite. You make a assertion based on the slanted opinions of one organization and then dare someone to take it down. Lots of this sort of stuff on ATS anymore.

edit on 17-2-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Apparently anything critical to the way we do things in this country is blatant propaganda and not true.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Should I? I'm not the one making claims of having made comparisons. I posted my OP with its data. I've also posted another source on the first page that showed that domestic terrorism is 7 times more likely to result in you being harmed than muslim terrorism. But hey, keep telling me I'm not posting sources. It's fun watching you guys try to fallaciously argue away hard data.

Thanks for trying to shift the burden of proof to me on a claim that I didn't make, you are really doing a good job at showing how closed minded you want to be.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Hatred, fear and extremism are being spread like wildfire and sadly, much of the American public are slurping it up. Seems people are searching for differences to hate, rather than similarities to celebrate.

Well this idea about similarities to celebrate ect.....when did this become an excuse to leave your brains in a box? The slurping sound most folks hear these days is the sound of dolts slurping up any dam stupid thing that falls out of the azz of the politically correct "diversity" machine. The pied piper sound of this idiocy! Fools being lead down the road!
edit on 17-2-2016 by Logarock because: n

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join