It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma gun store declares 'Muslim-free zone'!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The thing I don't get about these businesses that declare these types of rules is...why the hell do they declare it?

Why not just have your policy and see it through without actually declaring it right?

Let's say a gay person comes in to your shop and you don't want to serve them, just say no and look all intimidating and stuff. Same with a Muslim or a black person or a white person if you feel that way inclined.

Advertising it seems like a strategy to appeal to a certain demographic to me, especially if you know it is illegal.

Or perhaps they are scared to say no to people's faces and so they try to make the policy clear from the get go, which seems dumb.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
I am not certain what renting a gun for the day entails but at the least I'm sure a passport or ID was presented to the leaser.

I guess they had to show ID or whatever, though they where in the US for a bucks party so obviously half drunk (limited mental capacity), the bloke showed them how to load it then said "have fun boys" and walked off... lol, only in America.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
However stupid I dont think its illegal to drink and shoot stuff. Merika baby!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I haven't, but I guess since you keep asking you have?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Passed through about 5 years ago.
Such a Radical place.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Well that is some good anecdotal, but hey I guess I should just take your word from when you passed the five years ago.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

By all means, go for a visit and report back.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now
a reply to: TrueBrit

Why the heck would you want to carry a sword around? This is what concerns me, is that if everyone is armed then those in our society who would seek to break laws would also be armed and could go about maiming and killing people as part of their lawless behaviour. Then people like yourself would be maiming and killing the lawless as a form of defence, then you and your family could be subjected to revenge attacks and so on and so on, until everyone is scared to leave their home in fear of being attacked or leaving their home fully armed and attacking as a form of defence.

Sheesh, why the heck can't we all live in peace without weapons..far too many innocent people die every day as a result of this belief that everyone should have the right to own guns/swords/knives whatever..

Yet on the other hand, we seem to ignore lawless behaviour in certain circumstances because it is politically correct to do so, with the result that societies are breaking down and with it trust and mutual respect. Deal with those issues and we would have no need for weapons

This just in: in our society, criminals that want weapons have them. A point which you continue to blithely ignore, making it clear that it's intentional.

Unless you have a magic wand or a wish-granting genie, the concept of "gee wouldn't it be swell if we just didn't have weapons?" is rooted in complete fantasy. Until one stops debating from a point of wishes and fantasies and decides to use actual facts, there's no point in debating at all. Genuine facts can't compete with the land of make believe.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Don't need to to go to the moon to know its there. I don't doubt it may have a higher population but nothing strange or nefarious about that. Happens all over the nation with different cultures. All the stories about how radical it is always comes from the same places and is shortly shown to be exaggerated.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If you say so.

I mean, I do love a great "unbiased" media report on such things....................but to go there and actually see for sure, I guess that is too real for some.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: destination now
a reply to: TrueBrit

Why the heck would you want to carry a sword around? This is what concerns me, is that if everyone is armed then those in our society who would seek to break laws would also be armed and could go about maiming and killing people as part of their lawless behaviour. Then people like yourself would be maiming and killing the lawless as a form of defence, then you and your family could be subjected to revenge attacks and so on and so on, until everyone is scared to leave their home in fear of being attacked or leaving their home fully armed and attacking as a form of defence.

Sheesh, why the heck can't we all live in peace without weapons..far too many innocent people die every day as a result of this belief that everyone should have the right to own guns/swords/knives whatever..

Yet on the other hand, we seem to ignore lawless behaviour in certain circumstances because it is politically correct to do so, with the result that societies are breaking down and with it trust and mutual respect. Deal with those issues and we would have no need for weapons

This just in: in our society, criminals that want weapons have them. A point which you continue to blithely ignore, making it clear that it's intentional.

But the US have the most lax gun laws out of any 1st world country and also have the highest rate of gun deaths, murders and mass killings out of any first world country... Ya can't blame a rational thinking person for making the connection of those 2 facts being related.

Anyway, what was this thread about again? Something about people with an accent and brown skin tone being banned from a shooting range in Oklahoma, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A person who's approach to the great gun debate is "it would be super if guns didn't exist" is not approaching it from a rational line of thought.

Guns and gun violence go hand in hand, and I've never denied that. Guns also aren't going to just up and disappear. Not denying that would be a good start for some folks.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So far the only terrorist event since ISIS debut is one lone crazy cut up some poor lady at his factory job.

No guns yet.

The sauce

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
So far the only terrorist event since ISIS debut is one lone crazy cut up some poor lady at his factory job.

No guns yet.

The sauce

Didn't something happen in San Bernardino not too long ago?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Thats was California.

OP is about Oklahoma

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Thats was California.

OP is about Oklahoma

Oh right, I thought that although this particular case was in Oklahoma the premise was nationwide.

All good.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ReadLeader

There is no way that a person who believes in the constitution, and values Liberty, can justify this sort of ignorance, or indeed the marginalisation of any religious, ethnic, or cultural minority.

This is no different than banning the poor from certain locations, lest they be tempted to steal, or banning those with long hair, lest they leave too much of it on the ground where they walk.

Appalling stupidity, and totally unsupportable according to the very document that the store owner claims to hold so highly.

I agree.
I have some different thoughts on the issues of ownership of guns when it comes to the constitution, i think some are misinterpreting the second amendment.
edit on 17-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thats was California.

OP is about Oklahoma

Good point... the Oklahoma bombing comes to mind.

So if the owner of this establishment was to take an evidence based stance from proven history, he'd be banning white gun fanatics who were raised as christian, not Muslims... lol,

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would have been against him 2 days ago but I met a muslim 2 days ago and had a talk. You people that are for them in any way should really just sit down and talk to one about their beleifs, its amazing what people don't know.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
So if the owner of this establishment was to take an evidence based stance from proven history, he'd be banning white gun fanatics who were raised as christian, not Muslims... lol,

...actually, he'd be following federal guidelines under this administration's protocols. "Domestic" terrorists, even make believe ones who qualify just because they're wearing a Gadsden flag hat or have a Ron Paul bumper sticker, are considered "high risk" by the feds. Curiously, Muslims didn't make that FBI briefing list...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join