It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Belarus be the next Ukraine?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
If Russia took Crimea as you say then they did it legally because Kiev or the west never launched a challenge .

I really think that you need to read up on this topic.

The European Union has strongly condemned Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea and does not recognise it.

As part of the EU's non-recognition policy of the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol, the EU has imposed substantial restrictions on economic exchanges with the territory. These include:

EU Sanctions against Russia

The above is just the EU. I am sure you can do the donkey work for every other developed nation, and even some of the un-developed ones. However, to help you I'll give you Australia's response, so that starts it alphbetically...

Australian sanctions against Russia

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Unlike the US who has actually used them on civilian populations .

All so long ago and when the context was different and more complex.

Anyway, nukes = radioactivity. Well, what a link because that gives us one of the ways Putin's government kills off critics. Alexander Litvinenko?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I guess we could come up with more then one reason if we wanted to speculate on the matter . I might ask why China had nothing to say about Canada pulling their F-18's out of the ME but it might have to do with .....oh look a squirrel ...Does China have your answer to your question ?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Oh I got a picture of who Washington's sock puppets were that towed the line but have yet to see a legal challenge lodged to it . If it was really illegal then there would be a real legal battle going on but seeing there is not ,the part about it being illegal was only added for visual effects only and has no substance . I think that Russia has lodged a legal action against the Ukraine on failure to make good on their debt payment to Russia though . The wheels of justice can turn slow sometimes but they are still turning ,.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Oh I got a picture of who Washington's sock puppets were that towed the line

If you actually sat down and thought it through, perhaps doing a bit of research, you may find that the US is not all that influencial. The big hitters in sanctions against Russia is the EU. It'ss a simple worldview to think that the US is the be all, and end all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join