It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOCUS ON TUVA: Stunning treasures - and macabre slaughter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Follow the link to view the many pictures and treasures of this sight. I was very impressed (considering the time frame and location ) of the artistry of many of their finds.

Macabre slaughter ? ? ? In many cultures the concubines and wives were buried with the husbands or lords.. Some societies were still doing this in the 20th century..

The royal tomb known as Arzhan 2 in the modern-day Republic of Tuva - to many, the most mysterious region in all Russia - is some 2,600 years old but its valuables match any trove from any era anywhere in the world.

Here inside a mound 80 metres wide was buried a warrior tsar with a sway that plainly reached over a vast territory of mountains and steppes, and whose magnificent possessions indicated close contacts with other civilisations.

Forget the notion of barbaric Siberian nomadic tribes in this epoch: well, don't quite forget. These ancient warriors used the skulls of their vanquished foes as drinking cups, according to no less an authority than Greek historian Herodotus.

And this queen or concubine was almost certainly sacrificed to that she could be buried beside the dead ruler. And yet, as the pictures show, their exceptional artwork predates the influence of the Greeks, and displays a high degree of sophistication.

I can not get the link to work on ATS ! go to the link provided then the home page .... Home page right side has link to article and pictures.. Even when that is linked it does not work for me !!!

siberiantimes.com... -kings/#comments
siberiantimes.com... -kings/

fixed link... It was working before
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Your link doesn't work. Sounds interesting though

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Try this.

Working Link

edit on 16-2-2016 by ExNihiloRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
Try this.

Working Link

This is totally weird I have re-posted the link 3 times and the sight still says sorry can't find !!! Your link is working and I sincerely thank you

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Some of that artwork is absolutely stunning!
S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Incredible craftsmenship. I love the little cups and the wild boar and panther beads. They must have had very sharp eyesight and deft little fingers. You can understand why stories of little people and mousey-like helpers emerge when you look at ancient craftwork accomplished without modern viewing aids. The mind boggles. I am deeply interested in how they made their casts, lost wax method, at that scale, you'd have to have the patience of a saint.

Just stunning, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Really nice jewelry--I didn't read the story as much as gawk at the pictures in wonderment, but it appears that some of that was made from molds...something that a nomadic culture doesn't seem like they would want to lug around with them from place to place. But maybe.

As an aside, the title of this made me discuss the oddities of the English language and how "laughter" and "slaughter" differ with only one letter at the beginning, but are pronounce completely differently.

We have determined that "slaughter," pronounced like "laughter," is the new word for funny death, like in the "Deadpool" movie. It's full of slaughter (slaffter).

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What beautiful workmanship. As the article says it's a trove to match any in the world. Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wow absolutely amazing quality. The detail in the kings necklace is superb for a piece over 2600 years old and I would imagine it could be even older if it was passed on along a line..

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Some of that artwork is absolutely stunning!
S&F

When I see stuff like this I do wonder at times what other stuff is left undiscovered..

How much knowledge has been lost by tyrants burning libraries and books ?

Anyway for those who took the time to look and reply thanks... Hopefully it enriched all our lives with a slight addition of knowledge..

top topics

join