It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you Love it's through the power of God. God is always helping people through others

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I noticed some people saying, "I do charity and help others but not because of a belief in God",

Or even, " Why doesn't God help people like a good person would do?"

God IS The Goodness/Light/Love in the person.

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." - 1 John 4:16

It's very important to be Born Again from the destructive greed of darkness to The Light of Love:

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God." - 1 John 4:7

James 2:15-16King James Version (KJV)

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

God is helping people everyday through compassionate people who treats others as they would like to be treated.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
A lot of claims without any proof. I could say the same thing about Horus or Krishna, or Aliens, all of which would be equal in validity and plausibility as your claim.

Sorry, but I do good deeds because I personally enjoy it, and I can prove that I do it and feel the way I feel not because of a god, but because of chemical releases and reactions and activity within my brain. Neurological scans show this to be true. If you feel otherwise, you are more than welcome to provide evidence to show that our current evidence is invalid, if you cannot then there is no reason for me to believe what you say is factual.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The argument is why doesnt God intervene.
If He did the argument would be why does God intervene all the time

Jesus taught that our soul desire should be to love others, that is exactly how God intervenes.
Sadly many people including Christians are not very loving

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
A lot of claims without any proof. I could say the same thing about Horus or Krishna, or Aliens, all of which would be equal in validity and plausibility as your claim.

Sorry, but I do good deeds because I personally enjoy it, and I can prove that I do it and feel the way I feel not because of a god, but because of chemical releases and reactions and activity within my brain. Neurological scans show this to be true. If you feel otherwise, you are more than welcome to provide evidence to show that our current evidence is invalid, if you cannot then there is no reason for me to believe what you say is factual.

No ones asking you to believe, no ones offering proof.

Its a faith, its not a pseudo science being pushed as a legitimate science.

You dont have to believe, you also dont have to come into every thread about christianity and rant your beliefs that christianity is rubbish, but you do

Say what you want, let others believe or disbelieve, its their choice.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You dont have to believe, you also dont have to come into every thread about christianity and rant your beliefs that christianity is rubbish, but you do

Whoa there Raggedyman!?!?! Stalking me much?

I was under the influence that the OP was referring to love, compassion and so forth for all people, or am I mistaken and his claim is God is love/compassion and so forth, but only through Christians?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I was under the influence that the OP was referring to love, compassion and so forth for all people, or am I mistaken and his claim is God is love/compassion and so forth, but only through Christians?

Yes, you are wrong, again

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes, you are wrong, again

Perhaps the OP should answer this for himself.

It seems odd that God would only be love and compassion through Christians only, yet not people who don't follow christianity.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Then we're in agreement that it is in no way science? That's a step in the right direction at least.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I believe the OP was saying that when atheists do good things it's actually the Christian God pushing Her love through them whether they acknowledge it or not...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Unbelievers have been saying this for centuries, but believers keep on shoving their faith in everyone's faces just as they always have.

On topic:

God is helping people everyday through compassionate people who treats others as they would like to be treated.

I think it's people helping people every day. No deity required. But in general, if one wants to believe a deity is responsible, that's fine. Some also believe only aliens could have brought us this far. To each their own.
edit on 2/16/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica

I believe the OP was saying that when atheists do good things it's actually the Christian God pushing Her love through them whether they acknowledge it or not...

Yes, that was my understanding as well. Raggedyman believes otherwise, though.

Again, we'll have to wait on the OP for confirmation.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

nope, that' s pseudo, who created your chemicals and your brain...and the sky so blue?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

nope, that' s pseudo, who created your chemicals and your brain...and the sky so blue?

Well, we're made up of the same elements as the universe has in it, so the chemicals that makeup our brain-matter are from those elements.

Also, the sky isn't 'blue'. What you're seeing is the scattering of the light given off by the sun (which also is not blue), thanks to Earths Atmosphere. This light is usually blue because blue light has a shorter wavelength than, say, red light (which is a much longer wavelength). This shorter wave length allows us to see blue most often. When there is something like a sunset, the light is passing through more of the atmosphere to reach you. Making blue light get scattered even more, which allows colors that have a longer wavelength, such as reds and yellows, to be seen.

I assume you don't also believe that the sun sets by a man with a chariot that pulls the sun across the sky?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica

Then we're in agreement that it is in no way science? That's a step in the right direction at least.

Well congratulations, you agree with me, thats a small step in a direction wherever that leads

Have I ever suggested religion was a science, what are you saying, elucidate please

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

without derailing and I will, stalking too

where did those elements come from, evolve

Dont answer, just being catty

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yes, that was my understanding as well. Raggedyman believes otherwise, though.

Again, we'll have to wait on the OP for confirmation.

Well maybe I stand corrected, I didnt get that

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Don't mind that comment, I was also just being catty

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Does God have to bribe us with feel good chemicals to get us to do good things? Where's the Free Will?

edit on 17-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
its impossible for god to do anything. he spoke to someone like 2000 years ago and gave him some tablet... but thats the only time god has done anything - supposively. love is an emotion. its something that is beat into all animals. i have seen dogs love, deers love, dolphins, and its not just a mating thing. its instinct to want to mate and make babies. love is a way to have the same mate and continue producing offspring. god... whether it be the old gray hair white guy, abdullah, allah, budda himself, or any other god being worshipped....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

oes God have to bribe us with feel good chemicals to get us to do good things? Where's the Free Will?

Convincing someone to do something that will bring feelings of Peace and Joy does not mean there is no free-will.

Also, the same argument can be used against evolution when discussing free-will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join