It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Islamic Extremists Said to Send Fighters to Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Islamic extremist groups that are believed to have been plotting an assassination attempt on the Iraqi prime minister in Germany, are also believed to be smuggling in fighters to Europe. This revelation is sparking fear of renewed terrorist attacks on the continent. The information attained from German officials, indicate that more than 20 supporters of the extremist group Ansar al-Islam have been arrested in the past year in Europe. Ansar al-Islam is believed to have ties to al-Qaida and Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

washingtonpost.com
BERLIN - Islamic extremists accused of plotting to kill Iraq's prime minister in Germany are smuggling battle-hardened fighters from Iraq to Europe, raising a potential new terrorist threat on the continent, according to German officials.

More than 20 alleged supporters of Ansar al-Islam have been arrested in Europe in the past year as authorities move against the group that has links with al-Qaida and Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who's been leading bloody attacks against U.S. forces in Iraq.

Ansar al-Islam is suspected of spiriting dozens of fired-up young Muslims to Iraq to join the insurgency, but the latest raids in Germany — the most spectacular yet against the group — heightened concerns that the organization also could pose a menace outside Iraq, too.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Seems that despite their reluctance to enter the war in Iraq, France and Germany may also now be targets. Once again this highlights the need for a global war to root out the extremists on every side. We must also not lose sight of the fact that there are non Islamic terrorist groups out there as well. Shining Path, FARC and the like should also be brought to heel as well.

[edit on 10-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I cannot find this being reported in Germany or the UK. The couple of German sources I have found are just quoting the Boston Globe. You would have thought if this was a real concern it would be more widely reported and at least by European sources.

I will keep searching.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i was at a muslim ceonvetion and there was a man saying that they had atleast 10000 muslims with them in the quest for allha and they where ready to fight anywhere . i snukkkkkk my self in with a friend so i am shure u are right of this

new topics

join