It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bethesda release Fallout 4 DLC details , we're off to the coast of Maine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There will be three DLC's with releases starting next month , the first DLC is called Automatron.

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Followed by Wasteland Workshop which releases in April.

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixi tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

And finally Far Harbor in May which looks like a proper expansion and sees you heading off to the coast of Maine on a job for Valentine’s Detective Agency.

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.
kotaku.com...

If you have the season pass you're good to go , if not you may want to think about getting it as the price rises from $30 to $50 on March 1st.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I assume you think we all know what the heck this is about?

People such as myself should have to click on a link to get some inkling of the gist of this thread?

C'mon, you're a seasoned mod!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

There's a link...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

LOL

Heres hoping they aren't just as lackluster as the game.

edit on 16-2-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I assume you think we all know what the heck this is about?

Fallout 4 , DLC , in the Video games section , yeah you should know what it's about !

C'mon, you're a seasoned mod!

Thanks for the promotion , you best tell SO.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Can't see these additions bringing me back to the game. I maxed all the companions & settlement building got a little tiresome after a bit. The settlements aren't interactive or self sustaining enough.

The robot companion is a cool idea, but not really adding that much to gameplay. The workshop sounds interesting, I'm wondering how many npcs you can tame.

Of course it's a little pointless if you're on PC & can spawn all the npcs you want.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

Fallout 4 has been sidelined for a bit for me as I've been distracted by the Withcher expansion Hearts of Stone and over the last couple of weeks XCom 2
The only Fallout DLC I'm interested in is Far Harbor as a new location is always of interest in these type of games , although DOOM releases 13th May so Far Harbor will have to wait a few weeks.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sounds pretty boring, only one dlc with a story/plot the rest sounds like something modders would be able to do with both hands tied on the back. i guess we have to rely on modders to come up with something of value.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Oh god no! I got 4 days and 16 hours into the game so far.
Level 58 and still havent completed the base games missions. Just been hitting the side quests for the different factions. ...i have a feeling im going to easily triple my hours with these DLC's

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

ALL HAIL DOOM

Seriously I can't wait for that.

FO4 Left a bad taste.

Hoping Doom exceeds all expectations.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I care not about Bethesda's DLCs. Hey , Bethesda , just release the blank blank Geck. Let the modding community improve your game just like all before....Skyrim , FONV, FO3, Oblivion. Thats what has made you games , GOTY. The modding community.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Nice!
I've been looking forward to the DLCs, haven't really wanted to play the game properly until they were all released along with the creation kit.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yes! DOOM is going to be amazing! I cannot wait for Doom and the Divison to come out

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I also recommend getting dark souls 3 on April 12. I foresee the next few years of my life going into that game (if the previous installations are any indication)

F4 was actually my first fallout game, I'm pretty particular about what I play & the settlement building was really the only reason I bought it. I made some pretty intricate settlements but even with 15+ settlers I found them barely using the various rooms & lounges I'd built for them. I would build straight up & then out along the border & make rooftop views & sprawling interconnected corridors. About 6 settlements in it got a little redundant.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Thank you for the news! I've set FO aside for Witcher 3 of late as well, but will definitely pick it back up when these start filtering out. Hell, I didn't even complete the game yet.

Has anyone heard any further news on Bethesda's stated intent of bringing user created mods to the console versions?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

As far as I know there will be. For any mods that use assets from other games, modding authors I believe will have to seek approval from Microsoft and Sony prior to public use.
So there's a little bit of bit of administrative tape to jump over but I think it would be worth it, granted that some of the mods don't break your game.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bethesda has announced that Fallout 4 Far Harbor will release on 19th May for $25 , they also released this new trailer for the expansion.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Looking forward to it
Hooray for the Season Pass!

Started a new playthrough recently thanks to the more proper Survival Mode... would be nice to have somewhere new to explore! By the 19th... my new game should be about ready by then, haha.

Heard there was going to be a few more DLCs too after this one - looking forward to them all!
And then!! Then the modders can fill my game with goodies. Already have quite a few but don't want to get anything "huge" until after all of Bethesda's content is released.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Anyone playing on Xbone? Just curious how the mods are working out.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

They're a lot of fun. I haven't had any in-game crashes, though I have had a couple CTDs on the title screen.

More mods are being ported daily, and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for one of the good "clean up anything" mods to arrive so more of the unremovable junk can be cleaned out of settlements.

I was fortunate enough to snag the Realistic Modern Weapons mod on day 1. It was pulled for some sort of copyright violations after a few days, but those of us who downloaded it have it. It adds some insanely powerful weapons to the game, like a 6 barrel Vulcan rotary cannon which is just about the most obscene and awesome weapon ever in a game. Added some serious challenge, too. I took my first Vulcan off a Super Mutant Overlord in the sewers. Dude one shotted me at least a dozen times before I got the right combination of Stealth Boy, chems, and damaging VATS weaponry down to be able to drop him before he got a shot off.

The crafting mods are sweet, too. It's possible now to make settlements look like modern nice neighborhoods with the Snap and Build mod and a couple of the pre-war structures and items mods.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join