It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Church Hosts 'Blasphemous' Play Portraying Jesus as Transexual Woman for Queer Festival

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DeathSlayer

And? Are queer people not allowed to watch plays put on by transsexuals in a church?

How is this play any worse than watching Life of Brian?

No, sinners are not supposed to promote their sinful acts, even less so with the passive acquiescence of a church.

It isn't worse than watching Life of Brian, it is equally blasphemous.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

And? Are queer people not allowed to watch plays put on by transsexuals in a church?

No, sinners are not supposed to promote their sinful acts, even less so with the passive acquiescence of a church.

Where is transsexualism against the bible?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Interesting that they chose the epithet "Queen of Heaven". That is one of the titles of the "whore of Babylon", a spiritual representatative of occultism and "mystery Babylon" belief that will gain in power in the last days (according to the Revelation of Jesus Christ by St John).

But, people have been insulting Jesus for millennia.

... and, just my 10cents worth, but the sin of homosexuality according to God's Law is covered under 'having sex outside of the approved model of a normal monogamous marriage where one may conceive children'.

Homosexuality, adultery, premarital sex, bestiality and other behaviors are sins of sexual promiscuity - no worse or different than any other sin (except for the unpardonable sin).

Star for you!

I am not trying to make homosexuality the number one sin because it is not. Sin is sin.....period. As you mentioned in your post the unpardonable sin is the one to watch for .... for there will be no forgiveness for this sin. And to those who want to know if you have committed this sin......you will definetly know if you have.....if you are not sure then you haven't!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It is your wish to simply derail this thread....

Your argument is foolish.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

It is your wish to simply derail this thread....

Your argument is foolish.

Why? Because you can't answer the question? Did you know Iran, notorious hater of homosexuals, has decreed that transsexualism ISN'T amoral to Muslims? (link)

So I ask again, where is it outlined in the Bible that transsexualism is amoral? Because I don't think you have a leg to stand on religiously.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

... and, just my 10cents worth, but the sin of homosexuality according to God's Law is covered under 'having sex outside of the approved model of a normal monogamous marriage where one may conceive children'.

So, by that logic contraception amoung heterosexuals is just as evil as homosexuality, right?

In other words, a married Christian male who pulls out in time to avoid an unwanted pregnancy, is committing a sin just as immoral as 2 dudes doing the dirty... lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: blueman12
Shouldn't christianity be banned from humanity with all the crimes people have commited in the name of Lord?

All these queers are doing is poking fun and being rude.

If anything, we should should be happy that they are allowed to do this. If this was 100 years ago, or in a religious country, such as Iran, these queers would probably be burned alive for this kind of disrespect.

I understand that this is annoying or upsetting to your faith, but there are far worse things going on in the world that hover around the subject of religion.

One day Christianity will be banned world wide so your dream will come true but not for the reasons you give. And I will even top you......those that continue to practice Christianity will be put in jail, flogged and even executed.

Will this make you happy?

No, it wouldn't. My point was that we should be happy for freedom of expression. For free speech. We should celebrate that we can make fun others religions, beliefs or ideals without the threat of being punished.

Christianity will never be banned worldwide unless something like "the new world order" come about and establishes a nazi-like rule over the world.

If that day does ever come, religion will be the last of my worries.
edit on 16-2-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I seriously doubt this is going to change any believers' minds about Jesus.

Didn't Christians claim that the Muslims who got offended over that Benghazi video were being too sensitive and were overreacting? Potato potahto.

Manufactured outrage at its finest. People are allowed to express themselves and their art as they please. Talk about overreaction.

If you have no moral base, then how could this offend you?

Some people's moral base includes their religious belief and has some fairly absolute and unbendable rules.

Consider this analogy, would the presentation of an "art film" with graphic sex scenes and extreme S&M be suitable for presentation in a pre-school before an audience of children? I would hope that you would see that there are things that are simply inappropriate.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So, by that logic contraception amoung heterosexuals is just as evil as homosexuality, right?

In other words, a married Christian male who pulls out in time to avoid an unwanted pregnancy, is committing a sin just as immoral as 2 dudes doing the dirty... lol.

Is that what you understood from that post by Chronaunt?

Well.... that is not what he said..... he is talking about sex between a male and a female which is the ONLY apropiate and approved sex that the creator approves of.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

For Onan, in the Bible, yes, not performing his husbandly duties and abstaining from fathering a child within marriage was noted as a sin.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well.... that is not what he said..... he is talking about sex between a male and a female which is the ONLY apropiate and approved sex that the creator approves of.

Is Jesus married or sexually active in this play? Or, is the play in keeping with the tradition of Jesus' purity, perfection and chastity? Do you know, or are you prejudging based on your biased toward transsexual men and women?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

God made people, right? God then gave them the sexual desire to be homosexual. Why would God have some human beings be homosexual and then make it a sin.

However, I'm sure I won't convince you. Religious folk have a tendancy to ignore logic when it comes to their religion.

Keep believing in that madman you call God. I'll stick logic and science. No, I don't worship science. I simply know it's telling the truth because it can be tested and proven.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Is Jesus married or sexually active in this play? Or, is the play in keeping with the tradition of Jesus' purity, perfection and chastity? Do you know, or are you prejudging based on your biased toward transsexual men and women?

I have not watched this perversion so I can not tell you what happened other than what is mentioned in the article BUT this was NOT in tradition with what Jesus was.

Are you saying Jesus was a transsexual?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Lol. I know EXACTLY what you are trying to say and that's what makes it so funny. Looks like even churches are leaving your hate and contempt for others' actions irrelevant to your well being in the mud. Well at least this church is.

I'm enjoying your religious correctness as BenevolentHeretic put it. You get no say on what this church does or the events it sponsors and watching you vent and fume about it isn't going to accomplish much but expose you as a hater.

I still want to know how you can justify transsexualism being against the bible. Your quotes about homosexuality are wrong, because AGAIN transsexual != homosexuality. They aren't the same thing. There aren't ANY passages in the bible about transsexuality. You are just trying to push your hate onto other and trying to justify it with your religion. As usual with overly judgmental Christians.

There aren't any passages in the bible directly pertaining to transsexuality but, according to Deuteronomy 22:5
"A woman shall not wear a man's clothing, nor shall a man put on woman's clothing; for whoever does this is an abomination to the Lord your God.''
This might simply mean clothing and would only apply to transvestite's, it may also mean changing your outward appearance to look as the opposite gender.
Anyway as a Christian, I'm in big trouble for wearing my Brother's jeans and or having a short haircut and being mistaken for a male.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Can transsexuals bear children? If not, then they cannot fulfill their role in marriage and this is by their decision. They would most likely be regarded as equivalent to eunuchs, which were noted, but ambivalently, in the Bible.

It is the sexual act outside of a traditional marriage that is a sin. If a trans-person did not have sex, they would not have committed that particular sin.

edit on 16/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

There have been homosexuals right back into history, indeed the story of soddom and gomorah spring's to mind were the angels sent as men into the city were attacked by the people there whom tried to rape them, these angels were in male form at the time.

But as for today it is a simple and very sad fact that there are so many homosexuals because I have to break it to you but we have been poisoned and it effect's the children in the womb.

There are chemicals everywhere today that mimick female hormone's and disrupt the normal male development, some, myself included believe it was a deliberate act by a group of misguided (and evil) individuals whom were trying to regulate birth rate's in the developed nation's as a form of control and to stabilise the population at a managable level for there manipulative control mechanism's.

link   

She may have been. Personally, I believe that the biblical character is a composite of mythical and real characters of influence during the 1st century.

There certainly could have been a female or (transsexual woman appearing as a male) figure that was as charismatic and had a following that resembled the biblical character of Jesus of Nazareth.

link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Here is my argument for you and your spouse therefore, He came for you to save you and to lead you, I can not judge you and neither can any other but He can BUT he is merciful and we whom judged will also be judged, by our measure shall it be measured unto us.

If you believe he is real and if you accept his sacrifice on your behalf are you willing to try to sacrifice your own nature on his behalf or at least to try to abstein and simply be a good person as best you can.

This is not a thread judging you but about a desecration of a sanctuary meant as a place of contemplation and prayer for the christian flock, I actually do not believe the church though is in a building it is in the congregation and it's stone's are it's people.

Christian's are supposed to avoid those whom refuse to change there way's not to persecute but I have also to ask you is not the Gay community (As well as the secularist and atheist) conducting there own persecution of Christian belief's on there own behalf.

I know you think you are being merciful and loving but that is a monotheist's most common misconception about their place in this world. Neither you nor your gods hold any authority over me and mine. I do not seek your "forgiveness" nor to have your god save me from himself. What I do seek is to make those like you understand that you do not speak from the assumed position of being "right".

The only repercussions we experience because of our sexuality is from people who follow Abrahamic religions. Reminds me of this:

edit on 16-2-2016 by Abysha because: formatting

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Can transsexuals bear children? If not, then they cannot fulfill their role in marriage and this is by their decision.

Yes, transsexuals can bear children. Also, transsexual doesn't equal gay!

edit on 16-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I had to give you a star because instead of just angrily calling me a troll because I present information that contradicts the OP's bias, you actually quoted me parts of the bible that may apply.

So if we want to argue that transsexualism is against the bible by quoting Deuteronomy, then we can also should be demanding Christians stone their disobedient children, but I think you already touched on this hypocrisy with your remarks about your hair and your brother's jeans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join