It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Threatens Independent Run ... Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Meaningless link. Let's stick to "time will tell" because I'm convinced these polls are skewed. Never been convinced by polls in the first place anways.

Of course it is "meaningless" it spells out a narrative counter to what you've been saying for a while now. Can't accept things that break your echo chamber and bias can we?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SunnyDee

All those links are biased. In fact, I don't even know of one person, besides on these forums, that dislikes Trump. It used to be divided among the candidates (Ben, Ted, Scott, and Marco), but after Trump started talking about making us safer, all the other candidates were dropped and Trump was the one getting their support, and still does. Funny how he destroys the others in NH and places 2nd in Iowa, yet he's unpopular all over the place by the general election voters.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

He said muslims because they're the majority and when you think of the Middle East, you think of muslims. He's clearly talking about foreigners. But stink it up however you need to.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

He said muslims because they're the majority and when you think of the Middle East, you think of muslims. He's clearly talking about foreigners. But stink it up however you need to.

No, he was talking about Muslims. I don't need YOU to clarify Trump's words for me. I heard Muslims, not foreigners and you trying to make his words more politically correct isn't going to hide the fact that he wanted to break the 1st Amendment.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Absolutely. He's an egomaniac, and it's something long documented. He's quite possibly the weirdest guy in the public eye in a while.

He's not a politician

He's not really a great businessman

He's not really an actor

He's not really a great author

He's not really a fashion guru

He's not a very good wrestling announcer/character on WWE

I'm not sure what the heck he is. He's just this...this guy with a bad temper and a lot of money he inherited and invested here and there and made more money (along with some bankruptcies too but I digress).

I think, however, I've nailed it down:

He's a shocking spectacle. We can't look away because of what he might say/do next. We've become so desensitized from reality TV that only someone like Trump makes folks sit up and notice. That, is sad. Really sad.

When people want to be shocked rather than have their potential futures look brighter ... we know this country is in trouble.

America great again? When was America great, exactly? And who was America great for 'back then'? Universally, Americans have it better now than at any other time in history. More people can vote, more people can marry -- more people have access to healthcare, education, and technology.

Perfect? Hardly. Not great?

What an unpatriotic thing to say.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
America great again? When was America great, exactly? And who was America great for 'back then'? Universally, Americans have it better now than at any other time in history. More people can vote, more people can marry -- more people have access to healthcare, education, and technology.

Perfect? Hardly. Not great?

What an unpatriotic thing to say.

QFT

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: LSU0408

The point is it's become such that most people CAN'T pay for those things like they used to, cause jobs don't pay like they used to, or the cost for these these things has skyrocketed, pick your choice, and your bitching that because of pay lowering or prices skyrocketing people need help with things that were once affordable but aren't now. You want people to pay because you did, but it's not that simple and these people are working their asses off for less.

No, I'm not bitching about that. I can't afford my own healthcare, much less anybody elses. I want to pay for my kids' college, I want to pay for my kids' tuition. I don't want to pay for everybody elses just because times are tough. Lay any teacher off that is teaching meaningless BS that won't get you anywhere in life, then you won't have to pay such an outrageous tuition, there's a reason that crap went up. I can't really afford healthcare, and I don't qualify for subsidies. Why do I have to pay a penalty for that? And to top it all off, Bernie wants to tax me "slightly higher" to cover free healthcare and free tuition that I won't see a dime of because I'm not "poor" enough, even though I struggle as much as, or more than low income people that don't pay for their insurance.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No. Not until I see an unbiased link.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ok hotshot, so if a Middle Eastern man comes over here and he's not a muslim, do you think he'll get a free pass?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Bernie wants universal healthcare, so no matter what you make you and your family qualify.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The only people that think of reality tv when they hear Trump's name are his haters.

Who won't be able to marry if he's elected?
Who won't be able to vote (besides illegals) if he's elected?
Who won't have access to healthcare (besides illegals) if he's elected?
Who won't have access to education (besides illegals) if he's elected?
Who won't have access to technology if he's elected?

Illegals will have any of those things once they come to America legally.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

No. Not until I see an unbiased link.

So something from Breitbart then?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Who's going to pay for it? He said, two debates ago, that he'll have to tax the middle class a little higher to pay for that stuff, but the reward for us will be a little lower healthcare premium. So where does free come into play at? I don't have a problem paying for mine, I do have a problem paying for everyone elses though, unless they are incapable of working and truly NEED help. I don't mind helping people like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Ok hotshot, so if a Middle Eastern man comes over here and he's not a muslim, do you think he'll get a free pass?

I have no idea. Ask the Trumpet that question. He hasn't specified that part yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Oh please the average hours worked in the US is over 40 hours. Most people who can't afford these basic things are working 48 to 60+ hours per week, and have the choice to either do that and go to school or not go to school. Don't know if your one of those rare superhuman snowflakes, but most people can't work those kind of hours and handle school at the same time. Our economic system has become ludicrous, and am sick and tired of hearing about people who work more hours a week than serfs did, and getting chronic health conditions as a result, and rarely seeing family or friends being called LAZY!!! Serious screw you and everyone like you that dares tell people that damn near literally work their fingers to the bone are lazy.

I'll be working 60 hours this week, in hard manual labor, after work each day I need to go through a routine to keep my body functional which takes time out of my day as well, right now I can barely close my hands into a fist, but I'm still going into work tonight to work 12 hours. Tell me I'm lazy. I get to look forward to one day off each week, one day to get all my major housework done, AND somehow heal physically, tell me I'm lazy.

I feel your pain, I'm also one of the lazy assessing that works 60 hours a week, with a 2 hour commute each day, because gas is cheaper than the high rent in city.

So I leave at 5:30 am, and get home about 6:30 or 7 every night, on Saturday it is leaving the house at 3:30 am, and home about 2 in the afternoon.

Must be nice to be one of the lazy assessing that doesn't work their butt off.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Nothing from the left, nothing from the establishment right. Does it really even matter? We'll find out soon enough how much support each candidate really has.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is no independent run. These are more simply talking points. He is simply calling out the GOP and he should. What is wrong with shaking the tree?

Here we have a GOP candidate who is giving those in charge the finger and he is an ego maniac. How can this NOT be what you would want in office. He is not afraid to say what many of us feel. If you would have told me that ANY candidate would have attacked Jeb like that, about GW, I would have laughed. And he did it. His words, as always, are being a little twisted in the media but this is for real. Trump does not want to go anywhere. If he does, he loses the base he has created and culled. The ones losing the election for the GOP is the establishment. If that does not tell you that they are all in bed, well, then you cannot be clued in. If the GOP decided to go full force with Trump he would KILL the DNC no matter who was put up. Instead, you have the GOP jeopardizing it's own party. Why do that unless you were all on the same side all along and finally...finally...people are waking op once again.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

On both sides. Look at the NH numbers. That's even more clear than the GOP side. How much did Bernie win by? 22.4 points, and with his "tie" in Iowa, Clinton has 394 delegates, both super and electorally assigned, to only 42 for Sanders. This, to me, isn't about the party lines anymore, this is about us vs the government and we all need to get our # together and get on the same page.

Here Here!

On that note, Sanders/Trump 2016!

Feel the Berntrump

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

What part of my post set off the "he called me lazy" alert in your head? I guess you don't live in America, otherwise, you would be too hard at work to have time to post a response since it's 3:25 pm CST.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

FRACK! Some fracking common sense finally! Thanks for showing up to the pah-tee!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join