It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miriam the prophetess

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

I don't really deal much with mythology...

Though from what I've read Lilith actually evolved from a Sumerian myth, something along the lines of Female Vampires called "Lillu"... Theres also something in Mesopotamian folk lore involving "succubae" or night demons.

Not my thing really...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Boadicea

DISRAELI's thread covers the topic in much more detail...

One thing I never though of was stated in his thread...

In Numbers ch12, though, God put her to shame for claiming equality with Moses.

This is actually very interesting... IF one reads about Moses, said person will find he wasn't such a great guy... in fact to me it sounds like he was a horrid person

Yet this so called god shames her for claiming to be equal with Moses... Personally I would say she was probably greater then him... at least as a person... Though, most people would be

im just thinking but could this be where the lilith mythology started?

Lilith is a result of the two accounts of mans creation in Genesis, you probably know but in the first account man and woman were created equally. The second Adam first then Eve from Adam. Have you read the Talmud?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It's not mythology to Talmudic Jews. They hold the Talmud as superior to the Tanakh.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

They have the Succubus and the male version the Incubus.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I don't really deal much with mythology...

Though from what I've read Lilith actually evolved from a Sumerian myth, something along the lines of Female Vampires called "Lillu"... Theres also something in Mesopotamian folk lore involving "succubae" or night demons.

Not my thing really...

yes that is where it came from, the name then was lilitu, she was a desert storm demon then.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul

originally posted by: malevolent

a reply to: Boadicea

DISRAELI's thread covers the topic in much more detail...

One thing I never though of was stated in his thread...

In Numbers ch12, though, God put her to shame for claiming equality with Moses.

This is actually very interesting... IF one reads about Moses, said person will find he wasn't such a great guy... in fact to me it sounds like he was a horrid person

Yet this so called god shames her for claiming to be equal with Moses... Personally I would say she was probably greater then him... at least as a person... Though, most people would be

im just thinking but could this be where the lilith mythology started?

Lilith is a result of the two accounts of mans creation in Genesis, you probably know but in the first account man and woman were created equally. The second Adam first then Eve from Adam. Have you read the Talmud?
yeah i read it, to me it reeks of demonizing the women while somehow the male was right?
edit on 16-2-2016 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Indeed. The Talmud is like 15 books have you read them all?

Judeo Christianity is very misogynist.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Since a kid I remember the story of Miriam and her being a prophetess.

That was one of the reasons she was upset that Moses put his wife Ziporah over the arrangement of leading the women in singing. Miriam was upset that she wasn't used, because she was an Israelite, not a Cu#e, and she was a prophetess:

(Numbers 12:1-3) . . .Now Mirʹi·am and Aaron began to speak against Moses because of the Cushʹite wife he had married, for he had taken a Cushʹite wife. 2 They were saying: “Is it only by Moses that Jehovah has spoken? Has he not also spoken through us?” And Jehovah was listening. 3 Now the man Moses was by far the meekest of all the men on the face of the earth.

It appears that Miriam learned from the discipline Jehovah gave her, and continued as a prophetess. And Jehovah God even mentions her through the prophet Micah, many years later:

“For I brought you up out of the land of Egypt, and from the house of slaves I redeemed you; and I proceeded to send before you Moses, Aaron and Miriam.”—Mic 6:4.

Scripture also indicates that in the first century many Christians were prophets and prophetess, both old and young:

(Acts 2:17) . . .‘“And in the last days,” God says, “I will pour out some of my spirit on every sort of flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy and your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams,

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

What was the cush ites name? Zipporah was a different wife I believe, right?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Indeed. The Talmud is like 15 books have you read them all?

Judeo Christianity is very misogynist.

not all but most i could handle without puking at every line. i was looking into religion years ago ten decided Lilith was my goddess that i chose and still choose

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

a reply to: JackReyes

What was the cush ites name? Zipporah was a different wife I believe, right?

Zipporah is the only one mentioned in Scripture that Moses married. Nowhere does it state or show he had more than one wife. So I always assumed that it had to have been Zipporah Mirram was jealous with.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Once is coincidence, twice a conspiracy, foretold… a prophecy.

The bible was written after the fact, so anything could be thrown in there and pretended that it was a prophecy in order to heighten the status of the individual character(s) in the book. It's not a prophecy if it's written down after it happens.

When they say it looked kinda like a locust, flew kinda like a locust and made a sound like hooves of horses going into battle… I can't help but think of a helicopter.

They had no idea what they were looking at. We take it for granted or call it coincidental…

Are you talking about the Fifth Trumpet tale in the Book of Revelations? If so, it sounds nothing like the description of a helicopter, as your paraphrasing is lacking in its totality:

Revalation 9:7-10 (NIV...for use of colloquial English)

The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. They had tails with stingers, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months.

So, do helicopters have golden crowns? Do helicopters resemble human faces? Do they have womanly hair, or even anything that resembles hair? Do they have teeth? Do they have breastplates "like...iron," or is the entire thing made of metal? Do the rear rotors of a helicopter have the ability to torment people for five month?

See, when you look at the entire physical description that is contained within the verses, and then you remember that all of this is a hallucination ("vision," as religious folks would call it) or dream written down by some guy claiming to be 'John on an island,' you can see why I put very little credence into your claim that this description is a prophecy of helicopters coming out of a smoky bottomless pit and being directed by some angel-king named Abaddon to torture men who don't have 'the seal of God on their foreheads' for five months.

Maybe it's just me, though.

"They" weren't "looking" at anything. One guy was having a hallucination. Let's call this spade a spade.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.

Yah, like locusts. You ever hear a bunch of choppers fly overhead?

Wup wup wup.

Remember, "sounds like"… they have no reference for what a rotor is, what it does or how it works. The only thing they can compare it to is thundering hooves. Faces of men is pretty telling too. We can see the pilots heads in the cockpit thorough the canopy.

Theres another reference in Ezekiel… wheels within wheels. The rotor is 'like' a spinning wheel.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I like lilith too. Samael is her consort, they have talismans with their names on them. The Talmud is disgusting.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Okay, you run with that conclusion, I'll stick with mine, and we'll both still be as happy as we were before comparing interpretations.

Although, you are an interpreter, so maybe I'm wrong...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'll stick with mine, and we'll both still be as happy as we were before comparing interpretations.

What was yours again? I only remember you quoting verses…

Mine is simple. Read what some seer or prophet wrote and look around in the world to see now close it matches any modern tech or events… after all, they saw the future, right?

there are so many matches… seemingly…

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Call me crazy, but I always thought that was called a coincidence.

Thanks for the link, though

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Call me crazy, but I always thought that was called a coincidence.

Thanks for the link, though

Oh… did I miss something?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I thought women couldn't be prophets? Then again, misogyny is more of a Christian trait than a Jewish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join