It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower about to 'lift lid on 1000s of UFO files' is GENUINE, says ex-MoD man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

A FORMER US Naval officer who claims his secrecy agreement with the American Government has expired is vowing to lift the lid on thousands of top-secret UFO files he claims to have seen

The man, who says he was a third-class petty officer at the Naval Telecommunications Center within NAS Moffett Field from February 1986 to October 1989, also claims he can shed light on the mysterious mass-UFO sighting involving military personal in 1980.

He has yet to be named, but a former British MoD UFO investigator confirmed to Express.co.uk the man is a genuine source, creatinga flurry of excitement within the UFO disclosure communit

Whistleblower about to 'lift lid on 1000s of UFO files' is GENUINE, says ex-MoD man

Just read this story that was published yesterday ( Feb 15th 2016 ). I can't see that it has been posted previously.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post it in, Mods please re direct if necessary.

Sounds like this could reveal much information if true. Thought i would post it as it maybe of interest to those who follow this subject.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Im hoping its Charles Halt as he is very credible. I wonder who it is though?

Any thoughts

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gregandgemma

It could be one of many people.

However he has been advised to keep his identity secret.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Fingers crossed, but breath not held. I wish it to be true, but as all the rest. .... I'm sure I'll be let down once again...sadly....

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Two things should be a bit bothersome...

1) ""My secrecy agreement with the US Government expired in October 2014."

That would be...rare. If you are party to TS or SCI, in general they never expire. If they do, it's a per-project thing, not a blanket expiration.

2) "The man, who says he was a third-class petty officer at the Naval Telecommunications Center within NAS Moffett Field from February 1986 to October 1989"

Mid level NCOs aren't generally in the forefront of tactical knowledge.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

A FORMER US Naval officer who claims his secrecy agreement with the American Government has expired is vowing to lift the lid on thousands of top-secret UFO files he claims to have seen

The man, who says he was a third-class petty officer at the Naval Telecommunications Center within NAS Moffett Field from February 1986 to October 1989, also claims he can shed light on the mysterious mass-UFO sighting involving military personal in 1980.

He has yet to be named, but a former British MoD UFO investigator confirmed to Express.co.uk the man is a genuine source, creatinga flurry of excitement within the UFO disclosure communit

Just read this story that was published yesterday ( Feb 15th 2016 ). I can't see that it has been posted previously.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post it in, Mods please re direct if necessary.

Sounds like this could reveal much information if true. Thought i would post it as it maybe of interest to those who follow this subject.

This "about to..." do this and that BS is always nothing but hype. It reminds me of Anonymous or even wikileaks in the last 5 years. Nothing but a bunch of crowd hype marketing tactics. All sizzle and no steak.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

This "about to..." do this and that BS is always nothing but hype. It reminds me of Anonymous or even wikileaks in the last 5 years. Nothing but a bunch of crowd hype marketing tactics. All sizzle and no steak.

One day we may be surprised and a genuine whistleblower may appear.

This maybe the case in this instance. Wait and see.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I call BS.

Here's why:

When I was discharged from the US Navy, I had to sign a document that basically said that I agree to be prosecuted and locked up if I divulged any classified information. Expiration of this agreement?

50 years.

It's standard document that those of us with security clearances are required to sign before being discharged.

His being a PO3 doesn't mater. Plenty of enlisted personnel have access to or come into contact with highly classified documents (who do you think does all the filing of those documents?).

However, when discharged, if you had any kind of clearance for high level security, you'll be required to sign this agreement.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Two things should be a bit bothersome...

1) ""My secrecy agreement with the US Government expired in October 2014."

That would be...rare. If you are party to TS or SCI, in general they never expire. If they do, it's a per-project thing, not a blanket expiration.

2) "The man, who says he was a third-class petty officer at the Naval Telecommunications Center within NAS Moffett Field from February 1986 to October 1989"

Mid level NCOs aren't generally in the forefront of tactical knowledge.

By reading one of the other responses they must have updated their paperwork if they are saying 50 years now ! There are things that have a pumpkin date of 75 years but that is usually so anyone who had a hand in, or might be interested in, is most surly dead and can't harm the state.

While I agree with most of what you said, my contract said for 25 years no disclosure or a $250,000 fine plus jail time at club fed and I was an officer ... Most of the stuff I gathered or handled was just basic, where are they, who are they and what are their plans.. Paper in and paper out. Nothing exciting for darn sure except for some of the flying ... Which was also extremely boring..
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ho hum, more "Disclosure" to come…

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What if the UFO files just say its all black projects, failed military/space tests and suspected craft from other countries?

Will everyone be happy then?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Theoretical question.

What if someone who signed that document and after awhile left The U.S. and became a citizen or subject of another country.

Does it still apply ?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
What if the UFO files just say its all black projects, failed military/space tests and suspected craft from other countries?

Will everyone be happy then?

Whatever they say, mis dis information, outright lies and or propaganda.

State of secrets…

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

Exactly, why not just come out with details instead of telling us you're going to come out with the details

It just makes me think of the boy who cried wolf

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

While I agree with most of what you said, my contract said for 25 years no disclosure or a $250,000 fine plus jail time at club fed and I was an officer ... Most of the stuff I gathered or handled was just basic, where are they, who are they and what are their plans.. Paper in and paper out. Nothing exciting for darn sure except for some of the flying ... Which was also extremely boring..

Were those S level, or TS, or SCI?

Some of the S level stuff we handle have expiration dates (few) or weird release clauses (if it becomes generally known) but the TS and SCI stuff is damn near eternal. Unless it declasses automatically. THAT can happen in 25 years. But may not, as the classifying agency can use a bunch of weasel methods to extend it. Typically DOE.

And yeah, NCOs are privy to some of it, but IMHO you rarely got the documents or briefing on the big picture. Typically NCOs get S level stuff, unless they're intel or the general's bitch.

eta: wow. no censor on that one. I might add, I had access to a lot of things I found odd, but entertaining during my military phase. Most of it was S, but some was definitely whack. Still, it was pretty targeted to what we were doing that time, and not, say, the big future plan for the region.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Theoretical question.

What if someone who signed that document and after awhile left The U.S. and became a citizen or subject of another country.

Does it still apply ?

You just think about what happened to Bradley Manning or what they want Julian Assange and Edward Snowden for. They actually released actual secret material, see how the government reacts when that happens?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Theoretical question.

Does it still apply ?

Depends on the country you go to, however the US would try to extradite you.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Theoretical question.

Does it still apply ?

Depends on the country you go to, however the US would try to extradite you.

And the more sensitive the topic, the more the effort put in.

DoD burned the first run of a book a few years ago, just because the author put in some basic field tactics from SF, and mentioned a name or two. Bought the thing up, and torched it.

If this guy actually 'has all the secrets of UFOs', I wouldn't expect him to last long. Just saying.

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Kinda irrelevant to me, I do not need any further verification as to the reality of UFO's, I've researched enough in the past 30+ years to satisfy myself that the phenomena is real and that UFO's are physical manifestations into our plane of existence of tangible objects that defy our understanding of the laws of physics - I want to know who or what is controlling them and where they come from.

and besides, I doubt he could be any more or less genuine than the military and intelligence personnel who testified before the national press club's disclosure project regarding the same phenomena and their encounters with same.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
However, when discharged, if you had any kind of clearance for high level security, you'll be required to sign this agreement.

I got calls quarterly the first eight years reminding me of the NDA.

We had a 'call day' party the first time I didn't get one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join