It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP Sessions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
All,

I have, over the last year become increasingly involved in paranormal research and am a member of a paranormal research group. I have become fascinated in EVP's recently and would love to explore this more. Its a subject that really interests me and could give more answers than a photo of a ghost or video of a ghost/spirit

The group I belong to - www.oxfordshireandberkshireparanormalresearch.co.uk

We have an upcoming investigation where we are going to explore EVPs.

Question I have is based around experiments -

1. Based on experience, has anyone found the EVP's to be recorded in stereo i.e. both channels of a stereo recorder?

2. If multiple recording devices are set up in the same room, would you expect the EVP to be recorded on all devices or just one?

3. If on all devices, would you expect a small difference in volume to occur across the devices?

4. If yes to 3. would this suggest a position in the room to be calculated as the originating place of the EVP?

5. Would a spirit box, allow real time positioning if Q3 and Q4 are answered as yes?

The group will attempt to answer the 4 questions above but would really like to get other opinions to aide the investigation.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gregandgemma

Sounds like you're going to have fun. When we did evp we used a single recorder set on vox. It sounds like you are trying to determine where in the room the spirit actually is. The only time i knew for sure where the spirit was when it or they were rubbing on the voice recorder. The rest of the voices we got which were demonic by the way, were just in the room. But we left the recorder unattended. You can always ask if you have a good medium with u. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Be careful, please. Those who are active on our astral plane are not at peace, unable to rest for a reason.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Gregandgemma are any of you strong Empaths and do the Empaths increase your probability of something happening?

Do you encounter synchronicity in your investigations?

And the most important thing. Have fun

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks

We have several mediums and years of investigation history between us.

We will also be locking away a digital recorder in an unoccupied room to see what we get.

Reports at the location include footsteps and video taken of a door closing itself.

www.youtube.com... check out 12min 48sec

a reply to: NewzNose

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Cant wait. Not been to this location before.

EVP's are extremely fascinating and I believe that they could be our true way to understand the spirit world

a reply to: jazzy4

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If I were to do investigations, I'd personally have a recorder left in a room on record, and a recorder that I carry around and ask questions to, but only press record after I ask the question and leave it running longer than about 10 seconds but no more than a minute.

I've done EVP myself, in my bedroom, and actually had conversations by asking say a question, and then recording for a short period of time, and then listening back. If cars drive past the house, and are audible, for some reason it increases the volume of the EVP; so if you can time it right, you might catch something.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Do be careful. Our evp was full of demons. Luckily we were able to fight long enough till we moved. Unfortunately demons can masquerade as good spirits until they can fully manifest and start doing physical harm.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Forgot to mention, that the EVPs I got, pretended to be the ghosts of dead people at first. So just be aware of being deceived. Also in my case, they don't seem to be locked to any one room, so don't worry too much about which room you're in.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If you engage in such for research purposes, make sure you cast protection upon you. When you dabble in the paranormal and actively attempt to communicate, they notice you as you notice them.

Attachments are also a very real possibility.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jazzy4

HI thanks, the investigation is being held in a location that is not my house!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Jason005

Thanks. Interesting thought about reviewing after the question is asked.

We will be using a spirit box for some immediate responses and a team member is also looking at a detector build to see if we can see where to evp is coming from. Interested to read about the traffic increasing volume

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Hi,

Who do you think they are if not dead people?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gregandgemma

Hi,

Who do you think they are if not dead people?

The demon people.

I find EVP's fascinating myself, not that I've ever tried to record any.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I have no idea who they are. There might even be many different kinds of entities that can come through on EVPs.
The female sounding voice I got, told me that she wasn't a ghost but an alien; however she seemed to find it difficult to explain where she was from, at first stating she's from another galaxy, and then another universe. My best guess would be she was from what most people call another dimension, existing on this world but unseen.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I have another thought on EVP's.

Everything in the universe resonates on a frequency. Certain frequencies are visible to us and certain ones are not. We as humans and life on earth resonates.

What if the EVP's we are hearing, are not spirits but other beings on a different frequency resonation that somehow have managed to briefly resonate at the frequency that we can detect? This could go someway to explaining the EVP's being picked up on voice recorders or AM/FM frequencies.

Another angle on frequencies -

What if ghosts/spirits that we detect are just the souls of the dead that have not moved to the different frequency and as such there is a whole other parallel universe that is not visible unitl we can move to that frequency - through the light - after our bodies die? This could explain poltergeists who are increasingly frustrated and cause havoc for some peoples homes because they cannot move to that different frequency.

new topics

top topics

join