It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The farce continues Cameron told EU reform deal cannot be legally binding!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk... lavid Cameron today continues with his so called renegotiations and has been told this morning the EU reforms cannot be legally binding in other words they can change things and water down things if UK were to vote to stay. If I was David Cameron now I would just stop the farce and come back to the UK and advise to leave but he won't he will carry on regardless furthet humiliating himself and the UK with him. How he can now possibly sell this as a good deal to the UK is beyond me. The one thing he was adamant about was that these changes would be legally binding and written in law.

I can't wait until Friday when members of his party are ungagged. Should be interesting! I think he will be ripped to shreds! If he wants to save himself he should advise to leave, but he won't!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

He is a
stock.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I think that if he, or anyone from the Conservative party want to save themselves, they should leave my country immediately, and take their toffery with them.

I could not care less what he does in Europe. Cameron does not represent me, and he does not represent the working people of this country, because he has never worked a day in his life. The man has no business being in his position, and nor does anyone with his lifestyle. He was a laughing stock before he ever got to Brussels, and he will be one until he passes on from his current position.

As for Europe itself, we will be crippled with import and export taxes, improperly defended owing to a shortage of warships, and unable to promote our interests as widely, if we leave Europe. But whatever. Who even cares any more? The nations been buggered up by successive governments, we have barely any acceptable level of manufacturing base, and no capacity for self sufficiency as a nation in the least, we are not energy independent, and most of our food comes from else where...but yes, let's leave Europe and make it even more impossible for our nations poorest to feed and clothe themselves. That's a great idea!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

He's a desperate, delusional Europhile and will clutch at any straws they throw his way.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That's certainly one way to put it. Though there is benefits to leaving Europe also.

We get to leave behind the veritable dictatorship that Europe has turned into. We wont be forced to accept people we can't sustain or clothe. We wont have to fork over unbelievable sums of money to prop up other failing regimes. Also, we wont be part of this 'European army' that is the dream of Mr Barosso himself.

We might be in for some pain if we leave Europe. however, I can't help but think that the pains of staying in Europe are bearable. Most of the countries in Europe are in just a bad a shape as we are! Crippled economies, crippled manufacturing output, crippled economic structure and to top it off, some of the most corrupt - power hungry, megalomaniacs the world has ever seen as leaders!

Though I do agree about Cameron. He's been a joke RIGHT from the start. From day one. Putting his porker in a piggy. Changing his accents, pretending his associated care about tax... The list goes on.

I think we're all just done. Totally and utterly done. As you mention - who cares? What does it even matter, given the state of the world?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

That is just the thing. I do care. I care a lot.

But it is increasingly obvious to me, that for reasons which escape the observation of a great many of the voting public, that it does not matter what we say, what we want, or what we do. We have no power to change our government, we have no power to alter its course when it is in error, and we have no chance of ever having the leadership we need, or the kind of system of governance which might, just might result in some sort of peace and freedom from those who seek to use us, and use the resources of this nation for their own petty desires. Our entire nation is a pawn, and it will remain a pawn whether we are in, or out of Europe.

It is still bought and paid for, it is still controlled by those other than its residents, and it has been since before we ever joined the EU. Things are moving in the shadows, as they always have, out of sight, and so far out of mind that to conceive of the shape of those things, one has to have been steeped in the deeper layers of government and politics, researched to a degree that most of our countrymen cannot even approach, let alone achieve.

All that remains to those of us with even the barest idea of what is really going on, even a hint of an idea, is to watch as the flames grow higher, and the truth gets further from the population than it has ever been. This tub might as well be autopiloting into an iceberg, for all that we can change it now.

I have never been as concerned for my countrymen, and for my nation, as I am now, and I am volcanically angry, incandescent with rage at the state things have been allowed to get into. It is hard to know, wether I am more angry with the government and those who move its gear levers back stage, or with the people, for being easily lead, and easily contented with their lives, to the degree that anyone believes in the system at all.

I feel like a tiger in a cage, a cage which grows ever smaller around me. To say that I care is an understatement, I cared enough to educate myself about how boned we are, and all I can ascertain is that I have learned enough to know how little there is I can do about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Seriously what were people expecting? He's hardly going to get anyone to agree with his neotiation technique. He doesn't want to leave the EU. He's all flapping about and bluster. I feel sorry for those who really want out, but I doubt it will happen on camerons watch.
edit on 16-2-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Prince William appears to signal support for remaining in EU

y to work with other nations is the “bedrock of our security and prosperity”, in remarks that will prompt speculation he is endorsing the UK’s continued membership of the EU
www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/16/prince-william-appears-to-signal-support-for-remaining-in-eu

edit on 16-2-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That sounds like the US. I think a lot of other countries are as bad off.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

My thoughts are yours... Who is deserving of the contempt, the ignorant, I just want a quiet life so you can be my master or the government, who does not and never will serve it's people.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The OP link is dead.

Regardless of what people say and the internal wrangling's of the Conservative Party, I think it's the right thing to do.

Half of Europe is running scared because they know that a UK referendum merely indicates growing discontent with the direction of Europe i.e. the creeping federalisation. Close your eyes for ten minutes and wake up in a European super-state.

At least give Cameron credit for his efforts.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Prince William appears to signal support for remaining in EU

y to work with other nations is the “bedrock of our security and prosperity”, in remarks that will prompt speculation he is endorsing the UK’s continued membership of the EU
www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/16/prince-william-appears-to-signal-support-for-remaining-in-eu

The afternoon news cast reported that Buckingham Palace had stated that

Prince William was not referring to the EU.

Reply to Paraphi

At the world economic forum at Davos Switzerland Manuel Valls the French

PM. admitted that the dream of closer intergration was falling apart.

Mr Valls went on to say, the loss of confidence in the EU, the attacks in

Cologne were being replicated in other parts of the country as

well as Austria and Scandinavia, and that the failure to control the borders

meant that the project would die.

It was also reported that Donald Tusk is concerned that the EU will break up

if Britain exits the EU !!!

I see that the bank HSBC who was planning to move their HQ to Hong Kong

has reversed its decision and now plans to stay in London.(so much for rats

leaving a sinking ship) LOL!!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

As for Europe itself, we will be crippled with import and export taxes, improperly defended owing to a shortage of warships, and unable to promote our interests as widely, if we leave Europe.

Much of your post was spot on, but leave off the lies, mate.

I am heartily sick of Europhiles pretending that we will be in a trade war with the EU should we leave. It's bollox.
The World Trade Organisation of who both the UK and the members of the EU are signatories prohibits it beyond a "levelling of the playing field".

So there wont be any punitive sanctions whatsoever. Especially when you consider that we buy more than we sell with the EU.

Anyway, are we such slaves that even if there is a risk of an illegal trade war, we will choose eternal bondage under the heels of Brussels to freedom? I bloody hope not. That kind of compromise is not what one thinks of when considering the history of these Islands and the people that inhabit them.

As for Cameron, his faux deal is merely a sop to try and stop people voting to leave, a whole lot of gammon and even were there something concrete in the proposals, something worthwhile, none of it would ever be enacted.

top topics

join