It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoroaster, the forgotten Prophet.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Not only cows and mazdaz, Zorastiasts is a plagiarist who stole many religious beliefs of his time and added it to his own teachings
A veritable early scientologist

Just go search cult of Zorastiasts

Pretty sure he was the reason tom hanks turned into a little boy in the movie Big
We can thank him for that

Ok maybe a different zoro in the movie big, but the original Zorastiasts was a total plagiarist, he stole from many religions and cults in his day

Hey who's Mary Boyce, didn't she make some stuff up on Zorastiasts some 8000 years after he died

Outside mazda and clouds, the movie big, these are facts and according to my study Zorastiasts plagiarized multiple religions of the day
Yet Ras wants us to believe he inspired every religion on earth though he came after just about every religion on earth was established
The Muslims thought Zorastiasts was so bad they swapped it to worshiping a moon god

As for the claim he lived 8000 years ago, seems like he lived only just over a couple of thousand years and was to late for other religions to borrow from him
But hey lets go find the evidence for when he existed, what we can't?

I think someone drank the cool aid

Your claimd are retarded, your mad because he is not a christian. Good stay made, your a fake christian who doesn't know anything about anything and is jealous of those with knowledge.

Typical christian, put down what your feeble brain doesnt understand.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Not only cows and mazdaz, Zorastiasts is a plagiarist who stole many religious beliefs of his time and added it to his own teachings
A veritable early scientologist

Just go search cult of Zorastiasts

Pretty sure he was the reason tom hanks turned into a little boy in the movie Big
We can thank him for that

Ok maybe a different zoro in the movie big, but the original Zorastiasts was a total plagiarist, he stole from many religions and cults in his day

Hey who's Mary Boyce, didn't she make some stuff up on Zorastiasts some 8000 years after he died

Outside mazda and clouds, the movie big, these are facts and according to my study Zorastiasts plagiarized multiple religions of the day
Yet Ras wants us to believe he inspired every religion on earth though he came after just about every religion on earth was established
The Muslims thought Zorastiasts was so bad they swapped it to worshiping a moon god

As for the claim he lived 8000 years ago, seems like he lived only just over a couple of thousand years and was to late for other religions to borrow from him
But hey lets go find the evidence for when he existed, what we can't?

I think someone drank the cool aid

What ignorance. And terrible spelling from someone who cant spell Zoroaster.

You're the epitome of ignorance. Look up the cult of your a moron who can't spell and don't know $hit.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul

You're the epitome of ignorance. Look up the cult of your a moron who can't spell and don't know $hit.

I will just take your word for it thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I will just take your word for it thanks

Smartest thing you ever said. Ahura Mazda bless you.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

edit on 16/2/2016 by chr0naut because: Duplicated post

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

· The Greeks called him Zoroaster, to the Persians he was Spitama Zarathustra, Prophet of Ohramazd or Ahura Mazda, Wise God of the ancient Persians. Plato claims he lived 6000 years before him, most place his birth date later though.

Legend has it that Abraham was his mentor before arriving at Ur. Zoroaster was a pioneer in organizing agriculture, hygiene, morality and duality. His doctrine is easily summed up:

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

Zoroastrianism developed in opposition to the Hindu daevas, which would become Demons in Zoroastrianism. They had/have a system of angelology and demonology that influenced Judaism, and later, Christianity. Judgement day, heaven and hell and Gods Word becoming flesh are all concepts of Zoroastrianism that would show up in Christianity. And the promotion of the satan to Satan, enemy of God and not just enemy of man owes to Angra Mainyu, the fiend, as the Zend Avesta puts it. He was the source of all evil by his witchcraft, the destroying spirit is Angra Mainyu.

The rise of Islam would convert Persia from their faith except for those who would pay a tax or flee, Ironically to India, home of the Hindus who welcomed them despite the ancient semi-rivalry between the two.

They live on today as the Parsees of India and Iran as well as the US and Australia. They are all but unknown to the rest of the world, so I dedicate this thread to them and to Spitama Zarathustra/Zoroaster.

Interesting fact: Magi is what Zoroastrian priests were called, the "3" wise men or Magi of gospel fame were Zoroastrian. Christianity is a mix of Jewish, Greek, Persian and pagan concepts.

I'm not writing a book in my intro, so if you have any questions just ask, I will respond.

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

You mentioned Abraham arriving in Ur. This does not fit with the record.

As I understand it, Abraham was born in Ur Kaśdim (which was Sumerian) at the top of the Gulf of Aqaba and moved North-West, out of Sumerian influence into Haran (located in modern Turkey and at the time was under Assyrian rule). He stayed in Haran until the death of his father, Terah.

From there Abraham traveled down to Egypt via Damascus, Shechem and Bethel.

After the end of the famine that drove Abraham to Egypt, he returned to Hebron, in the Jordan Valley (via Bethel) there he fought against four Canaanite warlords. He chased these guys to near Damascus and defeated them at a nearby city called Hobah.

After their defeat, Abraham returned to Hebron via Salem (modern day Jerusalem).

At different times, it appears that Abraham ranged around the area of Hebron, to the sea in the West and down the Jordan valley to the bottom of the Dead Sea.

Abraham never returned to Ur.

It is more likely that Abraham encountered Zoroastrianism after leaving Ur.

It may be that Melchizedek (high priest of "God Most High" and king of Salem) followed a version of Zoroastrianism.

edit on 16/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Abraham is Brahma as Sarah is Sarasvati, most people are unaware of this. Biblical geography is highly unreliable especially in the OT. The Chaldeans were a priestly caste from India, it wasn't a country but Ur was were they and eventually Abraham ended up. India was his homeland, check with the Jesuits.

Persia was on the way to Ur, so it's geographically plausible. The Persians have a legend of an Ibrahim Zeradust who is most likely Abraham. Some even think Zoroaster was Abraham, but not me. I think it was fate when Persia freed the Jews from Babylonian captivity because of the relationship with Abraham. Interesting stuff.

Can you post Farrgard VIII for me please?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The bible doesn't state where Abraham was born, and he is old when first mentioned making his early years speculative. But the Jesuits and I believe Josephus or another historian of that era say the Jews came from Indias Semitic population and a regional flood drove the people out of the area.

The bible supports this as God tells Abraham his ancestors were from the other side of the flood, some versions say river so we know it doesn't mean THE flood and if it was changed to river it could be to disassociate Abraham from his real homeland to hide the connection.

Islam also recognizes this as do many Hindus.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I believe Melchizedeck was also Chaldean.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

As requested, but:

The whole thing is much larger than the limited text of a single post.

Here's a link to the Zend Avesta, Fargard VIII.

The particular section on forgiveness of sin is:

29 (88) "The law of Mazda indeed, O Spitama Zarathustra! takes away from him who confesses it the bonds of his sin; it takes away the sin of breach of trust; it takes away the sin of murdering one of the faithful; it takes away the sin of burying a corpse; it takes away the sin of deeds for which there is no atonement; it takes away the heaviest penalties of sin; it takes away any sin that may be sinned."

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
No I really do own the Zend Avesta, I just didn't think you had read it. You could have just googled it, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But what you posted was exactly what I wanted I appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The bible doesn't state where Abraham was born, and he is old when first mentioned making his early years speculative. But the Jesuits and I believe Josephus or another historian of that era say the Jews came from Indias Semitic population and a regional flood drove the people out of the area.

The bible supports this as God tells Abraham his ancestors were from the other side of the flood, some versions say river so we know it doesn't mean THE flood and if it was changed to river it could be to disassociate Abraham from his real homeland to hide the connection.

Islam also recognizes this as do many Hindus.

You are correct in that the Bible does not specifically say where Abraham was born, but it does say that Abraham was born "beyond the river". Also, Abraham's youngest brother Haran (not the city) died in the place where he was born, in Ur.

Jewish tradition ascribes Abram's birth to a town called Cutha, in Mesopotamia also saying that Terah was an idol worshipper and the chief officer of Nimrod. Apparently Nimrod and Abraham were fated to be enemies and neither ever overcame the other.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Read my post again. It's beyond the flood in the oldest texts. It was probably edited to conceal the origins of Abraham. Biblical geography is unreliable and often contradictory.

Abraham is Brahma as Sarah is Sarasvati. Aside from the name similarities, both had sister-wives because they are the same person.

One coincidence is ok but 2 I can not believe. That's TOO much to be a coincidence and yes Abrahams wife was his fathers daughter he admits it the second time he does his pimp his wife out scam.

Why would a monarch want an old woman anyway? That makes no sense. It's beside the point, but I thought I would mention it.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Zorastar was a petty little prophet who encouraged man to worship the sun and fire.

Stunning in these days people worship the sun and fire

But then I worship the Son and His Father

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Zorastar was a petty little prophet who encouraged man to worship the sun and fire.

Stunning in these days people worship the sun and fire

But then I worship the Son and His Father

Damn are you going for ignorant "christian" of the year dog? You say he's a prophet, petty or not. Then you say he had people worshipping fire which is a lie. Ahura Mazda was the lone supreme deity and God of Zoroastrianism, still is. Fire is the element they use IN worship, they don't worship fire, that's stupid. Ignoramus' like you like to insult anything non christian while stupidly failing to realize the impact Zoroastrianism had on both Judaism and Christianity. Your a dumbass why do you think ignorant lies are a Christian duty?

Well, you are good at being an ignorant know-nothing, so I guess keep up the good work.

edit on 28-2-2016 by Othello420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2016 by Othello420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Othello420

Really
I should get the Zorastarian I spoke to, to explain her understanding as she described it to me

I don't really mind.

Wont change my mind and she had no reason to lie to me

Maybe you have an anglo version of the religion

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

If you even knew one, they call themselves Parsees and very few live outside of India and Iran, that and the fact that Christianity owes the concepts like judgement day and the Word being the creative force of existence to Zoroastrianism makes you look foolish.

Google Christianity and Zoroastrianism at the same time, do some research and then run your mouth.

Parsees (Zoroastrians) are monotheistic and do NOT worship fire. Only people who are uneducated make remarks like you have, fire is no different to Parsees than the bread and wine you use as a sacrament in Christianity. You don't worship bread and wine you use it IN worship. You might want to learn some respect. If you're going to make negative remarks at least let them be true.

Jesus wouldn't approve of you making uneducated claims about a people of who you know nothing.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Zoroastrianism, aside from the brief period of Akhenaten, was the first monotheistic religion in recorded history. Without Zoroastrianism Christianity wouldn't exist, that's a fact.

You are not wise because you put down that which you don't understand. Do you comprehend, ignorance and intolerance ARE NOT what Yeshua ben Yosef taught?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join