It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, you too can have your very own FOX-proof Cable Box

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you read the link below you'll see that the guy Is trying to make a statement. With every one of his devices that you buy your supposed to fill out this card and sent it to the fox network. The entire point of it is to show Fox that people are fed up with how biased they are. Also before anybody else Ignorantly
Assumes that this guys is a God Damn Dirty LIBERAL, he is a former Republican turned independant and also he is a police officer. Again i will state this He doesn't think he has created the best thing since sliced bread , He is just trying to make a statement to the fox network and people are joining him. It's a shame that people are so stupid as to send this guy death threats.

follow the link
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/tv_fox_blocker

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Conservative is not a race, duh! Like saying I am racist for hating fish, or the douchebag who flies his airplane at 10am way below legal height, but what to do? Call the cops? Race is White, black, hispanic, asian, and indian, not conservative. Also, who are KKK members? Who are Neo-Nazi members? Guess what, ain't no tree hugging hippies in the KKK.

Also, conservative is all about simplifying things, taking things back to the old days, when the rich ruled, and of course who were the rich? The white man. Not to many rich black gay jews in the 1800's. While Liberal agenda is about advancing things, more complicated. Ever notice that the appliances make things more complicated? Make life easier, get this appliance, but now you have to keep care of it, buy one you like, or afford, things like that. Cars, make life simple! No..... oil, gas, brakes, traffic jams, things like that. Of course, car was made by a liberal, just like everything else.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
If you read the link below you'll see that the guy Is trying to make a statement. With every one of his devices that you buy your supposed to fill out this card and sent it to the fox network. The entire point of it is to show Fox that people are fed up with how biased they are.

That's what makes it even funnier...they publish their email addresses on their website.

Also before anybody else Ignorantly
Assumes that this guys is a God Damn Dirty LIBERAL, he is a former Republican turned independant and also he is a police officer. Again i will state this He doesn't think he has created the best thing since sliced bread , He is just trying to make a statement to the fox network and people are joining him. It's a shame that people are so stupid as to send this guy death threats.

Sad that some people have no life and even less of a sense of humor.:shk:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Take Michael Moore for instance. He's the biggest (and I mean BIG) joke to come out of Hollywood since Robert Downey Jr.!

Didn't that BIG JOKE win an academy award?

I guess the HAP would disagree with you there then.

Now even though, im what you yankie folk would consider a 'liberal' I have to say I wouldn't bother to turn FOX NEWS off, sure it offends the hell out of me with its political propoganda, but shutting it off completely, would be closed minded wouldn't it?

I even watch Fox News sometimes, though mostly for different reasons as the people who really watch it.

[edit on 29-11-2005 by ekul08]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow, old thread, but a goodie!

Whatever happened to "knowing thy enemy"?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ha! I forgot about this little buddy!

So why is it you watch Fox News, then? For comedy, disbelief, or do you watch it for a more evangelical reason, namely, knowing your political opponent's probable views before entering a discussion/debate with them?

Personally, I go to Daily Kos, DU and MoveOn for comedy, but also to know my enemy. After all, I can't tell you how many times I've read something on Kos when, several hours later, someone here posts the exact same position as their own idea. If I already know where the person's going to go with their argument...What chance do they have in debate?

This, however, works only for those who follow and don't look into their enemy. Looking to your enemy's beliefs forces you to refine or redefine your own (I think that's the fifth or sixth time I've used that refine/redefine statement in the past two days
), thereby stepping out of the follower box and placing you into the leader box because you suddenly have new ideas supporting your case instead of rattling off the same old same old.

So, ekul08, which are you? Do you have liberal beliefs with personal reasons for believing them refined by conflict and contrary opinions as steel is refined by the fire, or are you someone who started with what you wanted to be true, then just learned more about the reasons supporting what you want to believe?

From your statement, I would say the former. The people who bought this FoxNews blocker? They, more than likely, fall into the latter category. Even if they're trying to make a statement to Fox News saying they're tired of the bias, doesn't that just mean they want to silence a conservative viewpoint rather than address it?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You, know.

I caught the tail-end of a news story..might have even been on Fox.
That Cable and Sat. companies might start offering each channel "al la Carte".

Wouldn't that be something..?

Something from column a, something from column b.
With 6, you get egroll.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Ha! I forgot about this little buddy!

So why is it you watch Fox News, then? For comedy, disbelief, or do you watch it for a more evangelical reason, namely, knowing your political opponent's probable views before entering a discussion/debate with them?

Some of it I watch for Comedy Relief, other bits I watch in amazement at my friends house who's very liberal father constantly watches Fox News and refuses to beleive any 'bias' in their reporting or presentation. That one stuns me. But othertimes I do watch it to monitor them, both Fox and the 'oppositions' viewpoints I guess. I just wouldn't feel that I have the right or justification for my oppinion of their bias if I never watched it.

So, ekul08, which are you? Do you have liberal beliefs with personal reasons for believing them refined by conflict and contrary opinions as steel is refined by the fire, or are you someone who started with what you wanted to be true, then just learned more about the reasons supporting what you want to believe?

From your statement, I would say the former. The people who bought this FoxNews blocker? They, more than likely, fall into the latter category. Even if they're trying to make a statement to Fox News saying they're tired of the bias, doesn't that just mean they want to silence a conservative viewpoint rather than address it?

I guess I am put in the 'liberal' box or perceived as a Liberal because my ideals are born out of the sort of, 'we can make a better world for ourselves', thinking. Other reasons I am put in the liberal box probably relate to my anti-capitalistic oppions and belief that corporations should be much more heavily regulated.

I don't think companies should be considered 'successfull' or not solely based on their profits and how much cash they are making. I think it should be based on their service, the number of people they employ, the quality at which those people are employed (eg, not slaves) and how much they give back to the community.

I don't agree with the 'conservative' viewpoint that Tax cuts should constantly be given to the rich. They say it creates economic stability.. perhaps for them but what about the millions of Americans just struggling to get by every day and to put food on the table for their kids and themselves?

Instead of cutting taxes to the rich that money could go towards helping the poor and struggling in the community build better lives for themselves so they can one day too support the economy to the fullest. And I won't even get started on how we don't do enough to help third world countries..

Enough of my little rant. Does this make me a 'liberal'? So be it! I would much rather be a liberal than a selfish-money-hungry-antichrist
These do seem to be the only two options from where I stand.

Sorry, I guess I'm just saying yes, its the former
I don't agree with alot of the 'conservative' viewpoints on topics, and I certainly don't agree with alot of Fox's so-called 'unbiast journliasm' but it makes an interesting watch. I do want to know what the republican stance on issues is, they often astound me, so I watch Fox news, it is a very interesting display of propoganda imo.

Peace. Out.

Keep Religion out of politics! (Another reason I disagree with the 'republican/bush' view on many issues)

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
By your response, yes, you could be labeled a fiscal liberal accurately. However, make no mistake about the making a better world for ourselves. All sides believe this. You believe your methods of fiscal control are going to improve the welfare of the general populations, just as I believe my fiscal methods will.

In politics, there is no good vs. evil. One side isn't out to screw the general population to help themselves while the other side is trying to save the general population from this evil group. Republicans are not evil (nither are Democrats, folks
). I do not believe your fiscal policies you outlined in your post would help the general public. I think they would enslave the people, and I'm not a big fan of slavery. A point by point analysis belongs on another thread, but the gist is we disagree. Do I disagree because I hate poor people? No! I, too, am looking out for their welfare, along with the rest of the population's, just as you are. I simply view human nature differently than you do. Both theories work on paper; the only reason, really, that we subsribe to a specific viewpoint is that we believe human nature will react to those policies in a positive manner.

As to the religious aspect...If someone believed in God with all their heart, how could they keep their religion seporate from how they rule? The first ammendment states that there is not a litmus test for the presidency based on faith. A president is permitted their free practice of religion just as you and I are. Yeah, the people in general can say they don't want someone like that in office, but the law cannot. Again, the technicalities belong on another thread, and already are on several.

If you want to get more into depth on either of the subjects I pseudo-dismissed as belonging elsewhere, start a thread and send me a U2U

top topics

<< 1   >>

join