It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival: Self-Defence using Wing Chun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

edit on 22-2-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I agree! that guy fighting in that ice rink video screwed up bad. he forgot to do the most important thing when finishing a fight. anybody notice what he failed to do?...... ......anybody??.....

he forgot to re-stomp the groing!!!
m.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Jukiodone

I agree! that guy fighting in that ice rink video screwed up bad. he forgot to do the most important thing when finishing a fight. anybody notice what he failed to do?...... ......anybody??.....

he forgot to re-stomp the groing!!!
m.youtube.com...

I would have said "Boot to the head". It's important to make sure your opponents don't respawn anytime soon. Also, seeing your buddy's teeth fly whilst the booter is cackling happily tends to discourage your participation. YMMV.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

whilst

I'll figure you out some day.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

good sir,

I had no idea you were a practitioner of Ti Kwan Leap. a fine art that is..

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

You can get charged with assault for grappling.

Here is a short list of sambo throws. At least half of them you are not getting back up from on a hard surface. Nor are anti grappling techniques going to work if your clinched up with already. By the time you try and grab fingers your spine is shattered. Again this is Russian military stuff. They also combine this with striking. As I said both is the best choice but if I had to puck one it's grappling. Watch Gracie destroy world renown strikers in their own gyms or James toney fight Randy couture. Anyone has a punchers chance but that's it if your a striker without grappling knowledge (which includes defensive grappling). Throughout my lifetime of martial arts obsession I can say I am proficient at both but I use grappling in real world situations all the time. Especially against bigger guys or meth heads (had a road racer incident once).

The best thing as everyone says is to not fight at all if you can.
youtu.be...

Multiple attackers grappling
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
edit on 22-2-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

whilst

I'll figure you out some day.

I have a melange of odd language habits caused by being raised in North Georgia, then dumped into Germany and Europe for my young adulthood, followed by marrying a young foolish lady from the Lake District. Add in a couple of years in Alice Springs and a philologist's head would detonate trying to figure out where I'm from.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Like most posters here my background is Thai Boxing and BJJ. To the OP, whatever your doing for self defence just make sure you are getting quality sparring done, that is your pressure testing, you will find what works and doesn't. Without sparring you won't find out how you cope under stress, and if you can properly apply what you've been taught.

That is why arts like Boxing, Thai Boxing, Judo, BJJ, Wrestling and various other arts that allow full speed and full contact sparring can turn out effective fighters.

If your learning Wing Chun, just make sure you are doing some full contact sparring and get yourself familar with Judo,BJJ or Wrestling incase it goes to the ground.

Best of Luck.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join