It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's Why so Many People Like Bernie

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And here is where every damn Progressive on this site gets to shut their collective mouth and never respond.

I have never stated welfare to companies is okay. And, I am not for invading countries like Iraq, but for different reasons than most.

SO....here it is. Now what say you.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And what firearms is that? That are only used to "kill people"?

For a group of people that claim to be enlighten, you sure are a mass of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Yes, firearms are used to "kill people."

The primary roles of a a firearm are:

Killing people.
Protecting people (by the threat of killing people.)
Protecting people (by killing things.)
Destroying non-living objects (by causing damage to them. That would kill it if it were living.)
Putting food on the table (by killing things.)

So, while it is not always bad, guns exist and only exist for the sake of causing destruction and death.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Let's talk about his desire to reenact the glass steagall act.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Why are you using progressive as an insult?
Like, seriously?
At least use "liberal" or something.

Progress is, literally by definition, a good thing.
It's like saying "those damn nice people."
"Those damn kind people."
"Those damn generous people."
"Those damn selfless people."

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

And tuition-free college, which, as I pointed out earlier, is actually a very conservative ideal.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

So I ask again, what firearms is Bern-out talking of?

A firearms is not designed to kill people. It is designed to expel a round. Plain and simple.

OH....and that Pesky 2nd Amendment thing is kind of a hindrance, should one actually wish to abide by it.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hey, if you want to embrace the "Progressive" label, by all means. At least everyone knows exactly what you are.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

And here is where every damn Progressive on this site gets to shut their collective mouth and never respond.

I have never stated welfare to companies is okay. And, I am not for invading countries like Iraq, but for different reasons than most.

SO....here it is. Now what say you.

I still say, what's wrong with sanders? You keep saying you don't want anyone taking away your freedoms and taking more of your money and that you should have a say where your money goes.

I get that and I feel the same way, I don't want my money going to Iraq and Syria and Haliburton and Israel and Shell and Exxon Mobile and Nevada power and the Koch Brothers etc. I'd like some of it going to education and healthcare and taking care of our citizens.

To me, that's what Sanders wants too.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

So, restricting Commercial Banks from doing business in a manner they see fit is all well and good.

So much for capitalism and a free market.

Any chance he is for something that is an actual danger like abolishing the Federal Reserve?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

But he wants to increase taxes, provide more and more social programs and restrict rights.

Yeah, there is a problem right there.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What? Are you actually saying that abolishing the Fed is a bad thing, or am I just misunderstanding?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Is he for this or not? I am asking a Bernie supporter.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I think he's for auditing it at the very least. His message has been primarily centered around wall street and banks such as Goldmann Sachs. I don't think he's suggested something as extreme as abolishing it, but the Fed is a large issue. (In my opinion.)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sooo, go after the commercial entities that make issues. As opposed to the Govt departments that create the issues.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

They don't call them "assault weapons" for nothing. You know those weapons that can kill a large number of people really quickly?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
And the ignorance continues.

So, that is how you define "assault weapons", is if they can kill a large number of people quickly.

And here I thought that being able to fire rounds faster, was dependent upon my fingers ability to move back and forth.

So, which of these pictures is an "assault weapon"?

Example A

Or example B

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If you need a forward grip for dear hunting you're a really f*cking bad shot. O_O
It makes the weapon ugly too, blech.

The biggest issue we have is that "assault weapon" is a sort of made-up category. I'd personally consider it anything fully automatic/burst fire or semi-auto with more than a 15 round mag. However, it differs by person. Besides, the biggest killers of humans as far as I'm aware are handguns. As much as I agree with Bernie on many, many issues, banning "assault weapons" is pretty pointless when it comes to meaningfully impacting the death count.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Where in the hell does Deer hunting come into play, regarding the 2nd?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So, you admit then, that the primary purpose for the possession of guns under the second amendment is to kill people?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join