It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Floats Idea of a Third-Party Run Again (ABC News)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: Gryphon66

I want trump to run independent, and make " the good doctor " Ron Paul his running mate!

Sounds good!

Anything that will motivate more than 42% of registered American voters to vote? I'm all in!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
This is all part of the plan. Relax. Hillary is way ahead of you. Trump has decimated the republican party and any survivors will face, a Trump and Hillary tag team. Didn't you know The Donald ,is a big Clinton contributor? His daughter is BFF's with Chelsea . Hilarious.

I had heard those rumblings ...

Conspiracy between Trump and the Clintons?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

I have to respectfully disagree. Nothing is happening from "the inside."

Sometimes, metaphorically, you have to burn the village down to save it.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The Democrats must be astonished at their good fortune...or perhaps that was the plan all along.

Politics is a nasty and mysterious game.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

If he runs third party, he hands the election over to who ever wins the DNC nomination.

But do agree that some one running outside of the GOP and DNC is a good thing. He won't be the first but I think the most popular in a while.

On the contrary, Trump running as a third party can just as easily hand over the election to the GOP.

He may prevent someone from getting the 270 electoral votes and then it will go to the GOP congress to select the next president.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

As an ATSer, all I can say is............BWAHAHAHAHAH! TOLD YA' SO!

Ross Perot all over again. He's only in this to help Hilary; he plans to split the Republican vote so Hilary is assured a win!

You're going to get Hilary and YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE!

My guess is anyone who even comes close to threatening that will be "Scaliaed"

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Whether or not Trump is a true GOP supporter is irrelevant at this stage. If it were me, I would not want to be on a team where supposed allies/friends/supporters/backers/counterparts/running mates treat me like dirt and backstab and conspire to destroy my name and intentions.

The GOP has, in my opinion, treated Trump worse than they have treated their foes in the DNC and that tells me a lot about the true nature of the GOP and US politics in general - tow the party establishment ideals and expectations of the elite dynastic bloodlines who are their puppermasters or suffer their abuse and deceptive anger.

The same goes with Bernie and his treatment by the DNC establishment - also run by the same elite dynastic bloodlines.

I hope both run as independents and become the 2 choices. I hope they both cause the demise of the GOP and DNC and change the American political landscape forever.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

If he runs third party, he hands the election over to who ever wins the DNC nomination.

But do agree that some one running outside of the GOP and DNC is a good thing. He won't be the first but I think the most popular in a while.

On the contrary, Trump running as a third party can just as easily hand over the election to the GOP.

He may prevent someone from getting the 270 electoral votes and then it will go to the GOP congress to select the next president.

Ah Willtell, you cut right to the heart of the issue. Yes, that is exactly what TRULY excites me about this news. I hope the DNC screws Bernie over and HE runs Independent as well.

This will, I hope, have two significant outcomes:

1> More than 42% of registered American voters will flippin' vote for a change.

2> When the Republican House hands the Presidency to the Republican Candidate ... that means that at least 3/4 of the folks who voted will get a chance to see JUST HOW IMPORTANT it is to participate in our process.

In that scenario, I don't even care who occupies the White House ... if the American people will just wake the F up.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Ntoed

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

For once, I am in absolute and total agreement with every word you said.

Well said, and acutely reasoned. (Plus, you've nailed exactly what excites me about the idea, LOL ... we'll consider that confirmation bias)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That's an easy take on Trump ... but it just hasn't washed with me.

I personally think The Donald is in this for himself. There really wasn't a lot more for him to do.

Trump is pure ego. Astonishingly so.

Plus, I expect an Independent run to bring him back toward the Center ...

We'll see I guess.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Does anyone really think the corporate oligarchy will ever relinquish their hold on status quo politics? ..

Bernie and Trump are just an entertaining diversion.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Does anyone really think the corporate oligarchy will ever relinquish their hold on status quo politics? ..

Bernie and Trump are just an entertaining diversion.

Perhaps not ... but perhaps we can make them back up and punt ...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The news just keeps getting better and better!
Personally, I absolutely welcome this move on Mr. Trump's part. It is more than time to leave the Two Party System behind in this country. I don't agree with any of Mr. Trump's political stances to date ... but I certainly do approve of anything that gives the American people greater choices!
What do you think ATS?

Yes, but but.....
It's not so much about choices, but to seek a middle ground, not an equivalent to the UK's Monster Raving Loony Party.
Sorry about that, I was being unkind to the MRLP.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Personally, I absolutely welcome this move on Mr. Trump's part. It is more than time to leave the Two Party System behind in this country. I don't agree with any of Mr. Trump's political stances to date ... but I certainly do approve of anything that gives the American people greater choices!
What do you think ATS?

Yes, but but.....
It's not so much about choices, but to seek a middle ground, not an equivalent to the UK's Monster Raving Loony Party.

See ... I think greater choices + more voters voting = a middle ground elected official that most of us can believe in.

I think it does the same thing. The normally-distributed curve.

Problem is ... usually, more extremists vote.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Not if Bloomberg is also running as an independent.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Bloomberg will only run if Sanders is the nominee

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

What do you think ATS?

Yes, but but.....

See ... I think greater choices + more voters voting = a middle ground elected official that most of us can believe in.

I think it does the same thing. The normally-distributed curve.

Problem is ... usually, more extremists vote.

Yes and No, I get you alright..funny enough when I came to this thread, I gave you the first star, there were no other posters nor flags nor stars now't...would you believe that?
Anyway, It's the middle ground that is the most important..always.
It allows voters to be canny, and the use of by-elections in the UK is a plus, just to remind Government parties that the plebs are not just die-cast tin soldiers for their particular party without question..it's not perfect, mostly it works, although Nigel Farage and UKIP this time round, did rather cleverly garner a lot of voters, by disparaging the coalition, Conservative/Liberal Government party of the day with his particular play on things, while it turned out his party, or elements within, were rather more right wing thuggish than the Conservative party itself...on the face of it that is, the result ended up up with the Conservatives looking like Cherubims.
Fooled a lot of folks, such a contrived situation, I don't think that will happen again.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks for the first star ... that's always the most memorable.

Interesting take on UK politics ... how do you think that lesson applies to our situation in the US with somewhat viable Independent candidates for the first time in decades?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If the RNC allows Trump to run as a 3rd party candidate, then that will just cement the concept that there is no difference between the democrats and republicans.

I personally think that they (RNC) will allow trump to leave because the establishment must be maintained above all else.

Of course, that is only my "opinion".

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Trump is producing true to form.

I guess this is what we deserve in American politics.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join