It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO worthy of the description

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
What do you think of this famous mystery object? I dont see how it could be faked. I have it on vid. Its just about 100 meteres off a cliff face mid air just hanging there, turning slowly. It stays there in the video for quite some time, if anyone can find info about it, i.e. how long it remained etc id appreciate.
www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 043131p://02014 by instar]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
#BUMP# c'mon folk, this is not your avarage far off blurry, fast moving blob.
lets hear some ideas please? I suggest an Alien version of our mars probes!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
*BUMP* Does anyone think this is fake?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It is one of the most strange shaped UFO I have ever seen...
It is difficult to judge - this shape might be everything - also any toy on remote control.
Instar - what are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have much clear video of it on vhs video, it appears to be roughly the size of a small car. Its quite clear in the vid, hanging suspended about 100 meters over the water from a cliff face. It turns ever so slowly back and forth, appears to be of dark metal. The fact that its simply hanging suspended with no sign of propulsion, i.e exhaust, nor any ropes or wires is quite stunning. No rotors either, I dont think its a remote toy.
I have looked at alot of "ufo" vids and this is the only one that has me questioning its veracity and origins in a serious manner.and I tend to dismiss 99.9% of em! As I stated earlier, its my initial thought that its a probe of some kind, although there appears to be no "equipment" visible.
Im willing to call this a genuine unexplained at this point. It was shot at some place called "redfish" (see properties) I ask anyone who can find further information about this phenomena to please post links/provide that info.
How long did it remain?
who witnessed it?
what happened to it?
any professional intrest in the video etc.
Also if anyone can find vid of it from another angle?

[edit on 083131p://34018 by instar]

[edit on 083131p://38018 by instar]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
home.ca.inter.net...

The CL-227 Sentinel is a small, rotary-winged, unmanned air vehicle (UAV) for surveillance and target acquisition. Its development progressed in three phases. Phase I (proof of concept) began in 1977 with construction of two prototype vehicles, each 1.5 m (5 ft.) in height and powered by a 17-kw (23-hp) rotary combustion engine. The initial flight took place on August 25, 1978, with the air vehicle flying tethered by a steel cable inside a 7.3-m (24-ft) high cage. Its first free flight took place on March 19, 1980.

Not sure how far the site is from Elgin but this UAV has been in Florida and well documented

[edit on 10-1-2005 by Perfect stranger]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Perfect stranger any links with pics/vid for comparison?
i found this so far
www.ufovideo.net...
another vid of intrest by same bloke, not sure about this one.
ufo.metrocom.ru...

[edit on 083131p://47018 by instar]

[edit on 083131p://56018 by instar]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I actually seen this operate as they were made not far from where I live.
Although this is older technology, it sure does look alot alike

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
home.ca.inter.net...

The CL-227 Sentinel is a small, rotary-winged, unmanned air vehicle (UAV) for surveillance and target acquisition. Its development progressed in three phases. Phase I (proof of concept) began in 1977 with construction of two prototype vehicles, each 1.5 m (5 ft.) in height and powered by a 17-kw (23-hp) rotary combustion engine. The initial flight took place on August 25, 1978, with the air vehicle flying tethered by a steel cable inside a 7.3-m (24-ft) high cage. Its first free flight took place on March 19, 1980.

Not sure how far the site is from Elgin but this UAV has been in Florida and well documented

Thanks thats intresting but this thing looks nothing like it and has no rotors!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
More

Redfish, Florida, USA. Recorded by Mike Hawkins. This film shows an odd type of UFO, similar to some experimental Military Air Vehicles. This UFO is seen hovering over the waters of Florida. The master film is said to be over sixty minutes long. This clip was part of FOX's "UFO'S Best Evidence Captured On Tape," and is about 25 seconds long. Always accepted as authentic!

www.ufovideo.net...

An hour has to be the longest ufo footage ever! Can someone find it (full hour)?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Anyone else having trouble at the moment loading the ufocasebook.com page?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
that's exactly why Helicpoters paint their rotors ...so they are visible

I think you are discounting the possibility too quick, Granted it is unidentified and I cannot ID but I think you are too quick to discount.

UAV tech at the time relied very heavily on the concept of rotor based propulsion and many concepts were tested and very often in the florida area ( based at Elgin AFB)

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
But it zooms quite close in the vid i have on vhs and there is also no rotor mount on top or visible onthe sides! still

No problem seeing the rotors in any of these clips, also note no water disturbance below in ufo vid. try 5th and 6th vids from the top.

www.freestockfootage.com...

[edit on 093131p://33019 by instar]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok, link's working for me now. Very strange, and doesnt look to me to be a fake. You can also clearly see it rotating. One question i have of the video clip is the dates shown...first it shows 9/24/93, then it shows 5/9/93. Two different occurrences?

oh yeah, and could you post a link to the article the vid came from on ufocasebook?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
Ok, link's working for me now. Very strange, and doesnt look to me to be a fake. You can also clearly see it rotating. One question i have of the video clip is the dates shown...first it shows 9/24/93, then it shows 5/9/93. Two different occurrences?

oh yeah, and could you post a link to the article the vid came from on ufocasebook?

Sorry there was no article, just the description and vid. If anyone can find an article about it id love to read it!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You're not going to like my answer... This was debunked some time ago as an old Star Wars toy suspended by a fishing line...(with the supporting rod and reel out of frame) I'll see if I can dig up the pic of the Star Wars escape pod (used by the droids in the first movie) that was used... As for it appearing to be far out over the water, it's forced perspective, as the object is actually closer to the camera, but it's fairly small (about 5 inches tall).

EDIT: Here you go, it's the escape pod from the old "Land of the Jawas" playset... Our director simply added his own paint touches to it... In fact, in some of the images, the little booster engines are quite visible. (you can see them in the bottom of this pic, there are three, or you can watch Star Wars' opening scene and see it too, hehe...)

EDIT: Hey, what do you know? Mike's a big Star Wars fan (as am I), here you can see a pic of him with some of his collection. C'mon Mike, at least use something not so identifiable, huh?

www.ufowatchdog.com...

[edit on 10-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I've seen this debunking before but can't seem to find it on the web. Still, I'm enough of a SW fan to know that pod when I see it, hehe....look at the pic, look at the vid, and then see if you agree...

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If it's suspended up there by fishing line how the hell did he get it to rotate like that?

eh, i suppose it could just be because of the wind.

[edit on 10/1/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ah well, guess thats that! Another fake!
Im beginning to think nobody will ever get clear genuine ufo footage, I wonder why?
it was certainly the most intriguing fake yet!

The expose on hawkins link dosent work

[edit on 033131p://18013 by instar]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hmm...the Hawkin's link worked for me...maybe it was down...just tried it though...

If it's suspended up there by fishing line how the hell did he get it to rotate like that?

eh, i suppose it could just be because of the wind.

Answered your own question there...

I've actually seen a much better photo of this UFO, but surprisingly, it isn't on Hawkins' site (bet I know why). There's kind of a "stretched version" of the pic I'm talking about as a background with some commentary, and in it, you can clearly see the three little booster rockets of the SW pod model. Oddly enough, being the SW geek that I am, I pretty much recognized it right off....though I know I've also read the debunking of that one before...

Sucks too, because there are a lot of good videos in the whole "Best UFO Evidence" series of specials, so I hate to see it tainted with hoaxes like this...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join