It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Booed in GOP Debate for Denouncing Iraq War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
An very interesting thing happened during the Republican debate on CBS Saturday night, and no, it wasn’t the fact CBS dubbed Marco Rubio the debate winner. Donald Trump, the leading favorite in the polls, was booed loudly and consistently over the course of the evening.

“Obviously the war in Iraq was a big, fat mistake, all right?” said Trump. “George Bush made a mistake, we can mistakes. But that one was a beauty.”

Trump continued. “They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction – there were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.”

Jeb replied “I’m sick and tired of Barack Obama blaming my brother for all of the problems that he’s had. And frankly, I could care less about the insults that Donald Trump gives to me.” But, Bush continued, “I am sick and tired of him going after my family. My dad is the greatest man alive, in my mind. And while Donald Trump was building a reality TV show, my brother was building a security apparatus to keep us safe and I’m proud of what he did.”

Then Trump went for blood. “The World Trade Center came down during your brother’s reign, remember that.”

Ultra conservative publication BreitBart pointed on Sunday that the deck was purposefully stacked against Donald. The chairman of the local republican party in South Carolina claimed that party donors and loyal supporters were given tickets to the debate rather than to voters using the traditional lottery system.

Sources close to the process who work for the RNC, but are not authorized to speak on the record, confirmed to Breitbart News throughout the evening on Saturday that that is standard operating procedure for the RNC and the party as a whole for all debates: Donors get tickets while voters have to watch on TV at home.

As such, the same appears to have been true party-wide. One well-placed source who works for one of the GOP presidential campaigns and was in attendance at the debate on Saturday evening here—but was not authorized to speak on record about the matter—told Breitbart News that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley were personally given scores of tickets to distribute. Both despise Trump and have said so publicly–Haley even using the platform of the official GOP response to the State of the Union to do so–and it would be no surprise if they did aim to stack the audience with anti-Trump sentiment.

Read more at Disinfo

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I thought it was pointed out the audience was brought and filled out by Bush and Rubio lackeys

Dont like Trump but hey he was 100% spot on.
edit on 15-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Who cares?

It's all rigged, unfortunately, as seen in the U.K.

Bush or Clinton people, unless there is another Bilderberg in the running?
edit on 15/2/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Agreed.

There's not much I like about Trump, however, this is one of the things I like...

Donald Trump releases raging statement threatening 'legal action' against 'totally unstable' Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz is a totally unstable individual. He is the single biggest liar I’ve ever come across, in politics or otherwise, and I have seen some of the best of them. His statements are totally untrue and completely outrageous. It is hard to believe a person who proclaims to be a Christian could be so dishonest and lie so much.

It's about time that someone holds politicians accountable for campaign lies and attempts to rig voting. If he holds true to the thread, this might be the best thing he contributes to the process.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What I found so fascinating is that pundits across all networks yesterday and today have actually been arguing about whether Iraq was a mistake or not. REALLY!?

You would think that, post "Arab Spring" (whatever the # that amounted to...) and with the spread of ISIS, the answer would be pretty damn clear. Iraq was a "UGE" mistake. As were the failures of intelligence on 9/11.

Instead of actually acknowledging some of Trump's salient points or even considering how yet another Bush Presidency may play out with regard to the Middle East, mainstream GOP and Media just want to deflect and frame him as out of step with conventional thought.
edit on 2/15/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoCom

Trump gets it right here.
Tho he does make it sound like he is going to send us back to deal with ISIS but he hasn't outright said that so that is just my assumption.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sources close to the process who work for the RNC, but are not authorized to speak on the record, confirmed to Breitbart News...

Absolutely nothing.

So what if Jeb and Rubio were applauded more...
I was one of those spiritually with Bush at the time.
It's not surprising he garnered more support than Trump.

It's only a surprise, and lo and behold a rigged system, to those who have got themselves caught in Trump's hurricane of a campaign.

He failed miserably on the night, get over it.

The only people who thought he won are all the saddos who voted in online polls for the likes of Drudge.

It's comical.
edit on 15-2-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Autocorrect!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

There was a google trends graph throughout the debate. Trump was googled almost twice as much as the other candidates put together. I sense your dislike for the guy and I understand why but by the looks of things, he's the only GOP candidate that will overt WW3.

That's how it seems to me anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Is this a temporary infatuation with Breitbart, Trump or long-term respect?

Today, Trump put RNC on notice that he will go independent if they continue this un-ethical practice...they won't continue with that possibility looming.

It is all part of the establishment making noise because they fear a huge loss.

edit on 15-2-2016 by Granite because: sp

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

There was a google trends graph throughout the debate. Trump was googled almost twice as much as the other candidates put together. I sense your dislike for the guy and I understand why but by the looks of things, he's the only GOP candidate that will overt WW3.

That's how it seems to me anyway.

Yeah I watched it that graph was for name searches.

Of course Trump's name will be searched more than others, that's a given...
Just like he'll win the online polls.

But going by substance and actual debate he lost.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah he does come out with some good points at times. And its fun watching him go through career politicians like a wrecking ball.

Shame he then ruins it with his own brand of crazy

Think Trumps to much like me, and I would never vote for me

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
What I found so fascinating is that pundits across all networks yesterday and today have actually been arguing about whether Iraq was a mistake or not. REALLY!?

You would think that, post "Arab Spring" (whatever the # that amounted to...) and with the spread of ISIS, the answer would be pretty damn clear. Iraq was a "UGE" mistake. As were the failures of intelligence on 9/11.

Instead of actually acknowledging some of Trump's salient points or even considering how yet another Bush Presidency may play out, mainstream GOP and Media just want to deflect and frame him as out of step with conventional thought.

Exactly.

Dont really see why there is any room for debate really.

Iraq was a 100% a mistake.

Every politician who valued there career in the UK gave up trying to justify it years ago.

Its pretty much down in the UK history books with our first invasion of Afghanistan , the suez crisis and the revolutionary war as one of our biggest foreign policy cock ups.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's not like this was an excuse rolled out after a poor debate performance. I'd read before even tuning in that the audience was packed with party players. They might as well not have a crowd and just pipe the cheers and jeers over a sound system. It's pure manipulation and they should be called on it.

Saying he lost based on the crowd is ignoring the man behind the curtain. Do do it Dorothy.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I never said he lost on the crowd.

He lost on debate points.

I don't find it surprising SC lapped up a Bush...
As well as his popularity growing as the campaign continues...

& they lapped up Rubio once he went medieval in his rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Trump on this issue is way above the immoral and ignorant idiots in the Republican Party who are no better than NAZIS in still believing and defending Bush and his junta of mass murderers.

At least Trump may have a soul left unlike those that booed him

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Really does say a lot about the intellectual depth of the typical Republican party voter. Unbelievable they can't see the huge mistake the Iraq war was and I have to wonder if a lot of them still believe the phony baloney WMD story. Thankfully, most are geriatric or near so and will be passing onto the great beyond before long. Theirs is a disappearing demographic which is one of the reasons the Republican party is toast. I have to wonder if this won't turn out to be the last National level campaign the party makes.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

the deck was purposefully stacked

Republicans cheating in an election?

It would be shocking if they didn't do it every, single time, and then lie about almost everything they ever speak about.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm not a Trump supporter, but he was correct when he said we shouldn't have been in Iraq and Bush did destabilized it.

However, I disagree it was a mistake, I think it was done intentionally due to the oil reserves. For Trump saying he's tough all the time, I would have loved to hear him say they should have impeached his brother! If there was any president who deserved it for sending thousands of our young men and women to their deaths, it was George W.. He invaded a sovereign nation based upon lies, and killed over 100 thousand innocent Iraqis. He than joked about not finding WMD's. I'm sure the parents who lost their son or daughter didn't find it so funny.

"Of course it's about oil; we can't really deny that," said Gen. John Abizaid, former head of U.S. Central Command and Military Operations in Iraq, in 2007. Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan agreed, writing in his memoir, "I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil." Then-Sen. and now Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the same in 2007: "People say we're not fighting for oil. Of course we are."

From ExxonMobil and Chevron to BP and Shell, the West's largest oil companies have set up shop in Iraq. So have a slew of American oil service companies, including Halliburton, the Texas-based firm Dick Cheney ran before becoming George W. Bush's running mate in 2000.

Link

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoCom
An very interesting thing happened during the Republican debate on CBS Saturday night, and no, it wasn’t the fact CBS dubbed Marco Rubio the debate winner. Donald Trump, the leading favorite in the polls, was booed loudly and consistently over the course of the evening.

“Obviously the war in Iraq was a big, fat mistake, all right?” said Trump. “George Bush made a mistake, we can mistakes. But that one was a beauty.”

Trump continued. “They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction – there were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.”

Jeb replied “I’m sick and tired of Barack Obama blaming my brother for all of the problems that he’s had. And frankly, I could care less about the insults that Donald Trump gives to me.” But, Bush continued, “I am sick and tired of him going after my family. My dad is the greatest man alive, in my mind. And while Donald Trump was building a reality TV show, my brother was building a security apparatus to keep us safe and I’m proud of what he did.”

Then Trump went for blood. “The World Trade Center came down during your brother’s reign, remember that.”

Ultra conservative publication BreitBart pointed on Sunday that the deck was purposefully stacked against Donald. The chairman of the local republican party in South Carolina claimed that party donors and loyal supporters were given tickets to the debate rather than to voters using the traditional lottery system.

Sources close to the process who work for the RNC, but are not authorized to speak on the record, confirmed to Breitbart News throughout the evening on Saturday that that is standard operating procedure for the RNC and the party as a whole for all debates: Donors get tickets while voters have to watch on TV at home.

As such, the same appears to have been true party-wide. One well-placed source who works for one of the GOP presidential campaigns and was in attendance at the debate on Saturday evening here—but was not authorized to speak on record about the matter—told Breitbart News that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley were personally given scores of tickets to distribute. Both despise Trump and have said so publicly–Haley even using the platform of the official GOP response to the State of the Union to do so–and it would be no surprise if they did aim to stack the audience with anti-Trump sentiment.

Read more at Disinfo

I am not a Trump fan, nor a Republican. However, even a broken clock strikes true twice a day.

Him getting booed for criticizing the Iraq War shows how misinformed, brainwashed, and cognitively dissonant most Americans are.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Honestly, he was booed by the neo-con RNC establishment that is all in for Bush or Rubio. They are terrified of Trump just as they were terrified of Ron Paul.

Unlike Paul, Trump is no Mr. Nice Guy and may be completely amoral by any conventional set of norms, but by speaking 'truth to power' in naming the Bush dynasty crimes at least in outline sketch form, he went way up in my book. If Trump goes forward and exposes the proverbial "man behind the curtain", many will stop looking at him as a crazy man and see him as someone who at least understands the lies that have guided the USA's government and policies.

Living outside of the USA, I had a viewing party of the debate with a variety of friends over including two ex-pat Americans who were democrats. By the end of the evening, I was convinced they would vote for Trump in a heartbeat over Mrs. Clinton. I had never imagined that such a thing would be possible. But it seems that the US Americans I know are terrified that their republic is coming apart at the seams, and they do not trust either of the 2 Parties to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again. We do live in interesting times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join