posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
a reply to: paperdoll
50x = 5(1000 + x)
50x = 5000 + 5x
45x = 5000
x = 5000/45
x = 111.1111111 (repeating)
rounded down is 110.
Here's the explanation:
1. expand the right side: 50x = 5000 + 5x
2. now subtract 5x from both sides (and now you have x on just the left side): 45x = 5000
3. divide both sides by 45 to leave x by its lonesome on the left: x = 5000/45
4. simply the fraction by dividing the numerator (the top) by the denominator (the bottom): x = 111.1111...
5. Round down the result to the nearest 10 ml.
edit on 2016-2-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)