It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black hole simulation supports aspects of popular science fiction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Objects approaching the event horizon would not be crushed by increasing gravity, they would be broken into smaller and smaller fragments due to tidal effects. The common term is spaghettification.
For smaller mass black holes that's certainly true.

However for larger mass supermassive black holes, the tidal forces at the event horizon can be less than the tidal forces on Earth's surface, so it depends on how massive the black hole is.

originally posted by: Triton1128
I guess the question now is, Where does one go that is unfortunate enough to be pulled into (through) one?!

originally posted by: Bedlam
Hell, of course. Did you not see "The Black Hole"?

originally posted by: Triton1128
No but Ill be looking into it now!

originally posted by: Phage
Don't. Awful. Really, really awful.
The movie is bad but I like the sound track, and apparently so did the guy who made this video of comparing the sizes of objects like stars and planets, it's the first track in this video:

You can just listen to that and skip the movie.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
You can just listen to that and skip the movie.

If you listen closely, and think to yourself "That could be scene music from a James Bond movie", there's a reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Today I found and article about Nasa seeing a black hole that stopped eating. www.nytimes.com...

My question that I cannot find an answer to is: if a black hole has stopped then theoretically could we send a probe close to it to see inside it, or go into it?

Please any answers would be great.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tluna1
a reply to: Triton1128

Today I found and article about Nasa seeing a black hole that stopped eating. www.nytimes.com...

My question that I cannot find an answer to is: if a black hole has stopped then theoretically could we send a probe close to it to see inside it, or go into it?

Please any answers would be great.

nope. the photons cannot get out. therefore you cannot see them or anything inside the black hole event horizon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join