It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of all the Political BS mudslinging!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
followed by another 4-5 months of sour grapes ...

Feels like 7 years to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
It's not solely an ATS issue, it's out there online... everywhere.

So true! That's precisely why I don't visit other sites, FB or anything other than a German Shepherd forum. ATS is like a respite from the insanity... But lately, the difference isn't so obvious.

People are just crazy and can barely have a sensible political discussion.

Agreed. "Discussions" consist of extremist hyperbole, replete with endless talking points, and just start to sound like vomit after a while.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

My husband and I were just this minute talking about how there have been some interesting political moments during our voting lifetimes.
From the election of the peanut farmer and the election of an actor, the hanging chads in 2000 that brought the presidency to the supreme court's decision, vice presidents who couldn't spell, one president who couldn't seem to keep his feet under him and historic decisions that changed the face of the presidency and which could again. It's been a real rollercoaster.
This year seems especially entertaining and would be funny if it wasn't such a serious subject like leader of the free world.

edit on 2152016 by Sillyolme because: Removed emoticon

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jessica6

When it comes to actual people, most do still have a broad range of views that overall don't fit neatly one way or the other, but ... Part of it's the media, and part of it is people getting their news on their mobile phones. These days it seems to be Huffpo vs Breitbart, or Buzzfeed drivel, where outrage and click-bait have replaced discourse for the most part. While there still are a lot of blogs, journalists, etc. who provide in-depth, well-researched investigative reports, so many people seem to demand getting everything fed to them in one or two lines at most. Extremism feeds perfectly into that. Moderate views, not much beyond trite platitudes.

I don't disagree, as far as your statement goes... this is definitely a fair statement of what the mainstream media gives us. But I don't think it's reflective of the people. It's not what most people want -- hence the "lamestream media" slur. But it's pretty much all we've got. I haven't seen true investigative reporting done for a very long time; and most "legitimate" and "reputable" news outlets don't give their reporters much leeway in what they can report. Whether for political or advertising or other purposes, most news outlets just won't go where we need them to go.

I don't think it's representative of the people, and I don't think it's fooling as many people as it seems. I don't blame the people. I have much more confidence in their collective wisdom and morality than the critters running things.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There is a second civil war between political ideologies.

Back home in Australia, I don't remember ever hearing all this aggressive ' you are progressive or you are conservative' rubbish, it's gross. I hate this about America.
The chance to shine is now for this country, instead people are determined to troll opposing thought into oblivion.

Today is Galileos birthday, some should turn away from the yelling at the mirror and listen to the sweet sage

edit on 15-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
There is a second civil war between political ideologies.

Back home in Australia, I don't remember ever hearing all this aggressive ' you are progressive or you are conservative' rubbish, it's gross. I hate this about America.
The chance to shine is now for this country, instead people are determined to troll opposing thought into oblivion.

Today is Galileos birthday, some should turn away from the yelling at the mirror and listen to the sweet sage

Government has already completely dominated all other polities worldwide, the US is the last place where a minimal government political position still has the possibility of constraining deleterious state behavior.
edit on 15-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well hate to say it but its just starting. Those fools could have given us money instead of road signs. The difference between Bernie/Trump vs the others is that Bernie/Trump ARE NOT "their guy" and that appeals to me and lots of others considering the choices. At least with Trump there is something to laugh at every day, he gets my vote because Mitt said he didn't have a chance in his Mormon version of hell. Lots of people did. Sorry You have to deal with the circus, it will all not be over soon.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Medicator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

They are winning. Every time we sit and squabble and demean one another it takes the focus off them and we put it on ourselves. Games people play.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that the bulk of people who discuss politics online, no matter how fervently, really don't give a flying F about it in the first place, but rather, use it as a means (by any means necessary) to act like a self-important, smug King S#.

The difference between discussing politics & candidates online, and doing so face-to-face, has been the difference between night & day for me personally. If I didn't know any better, threads & comment sections online are just en mass reciprocal trollery these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join