It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Nostradamus predict an alien invasion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I remember reading or watching a television show that Nostradamus said aliens would attack or invade the earth. anyone else hear that? Also that the world would end near 3600 not 2012.
Could anyone elaborate?

A number of people have read this thread but no replies.
WHY?

[edit on 10-1-2005 by BattleofBatoche]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have read alot of his predictions, but have never come across anything that relates to alien invasion. Sorry.

Like all predictions, you can read whatever you want into them I guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I thought one of his predictions wast that aliens would visit earth in 1999 but that did not happen. Or maybe they did but the goverments are keeping it secret?

Since were on the topic of Nostradamus,I remember him making a prediction about the shuttle desaster and how it would bring change to the space program,now I know alot of people thought that it was the Challenger Disaster but I'm starting to think he meant the space shuttle Columbia instead because since then Nasa is moving away from the shuttle program and moving toward newer technolgy like rockets and such,also Bush has made big changes to nasa by making plans for a space station on the moon and for a manned mission to mars.So if I'm correct that Nostradamus was reffering to the Columbia disaster would that make a change in the timeline of his quatrains??

[edit on 10-1-2005 by thecry]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We'll probably see 2012 come and go without anything significant...

That's the sad thing about it all, but i'll remain hopeful...but with an AK in my hands just in case...so I can die fighting with my most favorite technology, a Gas Operated Firearms

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Also that the world would end near 3600 not 2012.

I'm sure i read once that he said his prophecies would be completed and the world would end in the year 7000. I think he said something about Earth being consumed by the sun.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Nostradamus predicted everything and nothing. His quatrains were so vague you can see anything you want to in them, I think they're meaningless.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Nostradamus predicted everything and nothing. His quatrains were so vague you can see anything you want to in them, I think they're meaningless.

Exactly

Read his "predictions" about world war II, its so vague you do not even know what he is talking about.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
back in 2001 I had a VERY intense dream of an airliner crashing. I dreamed I was onboard and I couldnt actually see an faces. then I appeared on the ground and the plane flew away up a mountainside and I somehow knew it would crash. When I woke I made a note that I never felt so strongly about a dream. A few months later 9/11 happened. Fast forward to December 25,2005. I was dicussing the subject of the loss of life in the Phillipines of 3000 people. I told my co-worker that I thought it was a tsunami and that we as US citizens care so little about that mass loss of life. And he said I was a hypocrite and that I was no different. I got angry and remembered that he came from Laos/Thailand and felt a lot of anger at his statement. I told him that I felt like I wasnt doing a good job here and I said that I was going to see a psychologist and I used the words 'f***-it'. The next day a 9.11 earthquake struck and a Tsunami hit Phuckett Thailand. I am beginning to think I am Mabus, my last name is Morris. I know in another quatrain that Hitler may have been discribed as Hister which means damned. Maybe Nostradamus got my name wrong too, and he really meant to say Morris. Now as for the future, I had a TERRIBLE dream again, and it was almost as intense as the plane crash scenario, but this was about Mothman-like creatures attacking the planet. I laughed and thought it funny as they came down from the skies to eat people until a dad/mom/kids family wanted to come and eat me then I got all scared. I never have been eaten before. I saw the exact same creature in my dream on the www.coasttocoastam.com... website. Only difference maybe was that I thought they had many big black eyes instead of just 2. The wings were exactly right, just like moth wings. Maybe the decided to spare me from the invasion and after I die, they are going to come and eat you guys.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
3600?! awww! so much for watching the apocalypse on cnn

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
ok, the movie you remember seeing is possiably "the man who saw tommorrow" which I first saw back in 1991/1992. It used similar dates however it was a nuclear weapons launching( world war 3) and it does not destroy the entire world or country for that matter. It does dictate that nostradoumes perdicted the time after the war the damages to the world replenishes itself and there's a thousand years of peace. Hope this helped A great flick to watch.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleofBatoche

because he did not say anything about that or would not you think the alien believers would be alll over this

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is such a dumb topic.

Thats why I had to reply.

I ever heard that Nostradamus predicted Disneyland would be build to bring forth new peace.

And McDonalds would take hold of the world with its food.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I doubt the alien stuff will happen in my life, people are too dumb, and getting dumber.

Shame though, the wrold could do with america being taken down, lol.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I just watched a show on the History Channel titled Next Nostradamus in which they compare a scientist who bases his prediction off of math and compare it to the ideals and predictions of Nostradamus. They stated a prophecy by Nostradamus that stood out in my mind:

"There will be black globes in the sky that will shoot balls of fire"

They went on to explain that it could be a future nuclear attack, but that doesn't make any sense. Nuclear missles are not shaped like globes. The only thing that is and can be sky-born would be UFOs. Also, nuclear weapons don't shoot anything, they just explode.

Another prophecy that followed that one from Nostradamus was that destruction would reign from beyond our skies. Again they talked about nucelar weapons, but again it didn't add up. It only sounded like one thing to me.

The show was pretty useless, but those two prophecies in particular were interesting to learn from Nostradamus. They are much more specific than the majority of his other prophecies and actually follow each other.

If you put it in line with the Mayan prophecies of the last katun (2012) and the katun that follows, it may spell some kind of alien invasion. In the last katun (2012), they predict famine and misfortune. But in the katun that follows they prophecize a unity for a cause. Will there be some kind of alien invasion that will cause humanity to finally unite in order to fight them off? We might find out sooner than we'd like to.

Mayans were also very space-savvy people who believed in their "brothers from the stars." In fact, they predicted a meeting with the "brothers from the stars" in the mid-90s and Mexcio City has 5 or 6 UFOs stting over it for a day on the exact date predicted. Thousands of people filmed the event and a lot of it was confiscated by Mexican authorities who were frantically driving around looking for people filming it.

Fun stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join