It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalia Death Suspicious "We discovered the judge in bed, a pillow over his head."

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

The other problem is that this death scene had not been secured in even a reasonably timely manner...and, as such, very easily could've been tampered with and adulterated.

If an actual murder had been perpetrated, the killer(s) or any accomplices, would've had plenty of time to arrange the crime scene or the vic...as the body was not discovered until almost 15 hrs. after Justice Scalia was last seen alive.
The person who actually discovered the body (Poindexter) and whom actually gave the only existing description of how the body was found...would, in a murder investigation, be a prime suspect...with all evidence he has given, under suspicion, as well.

Furthermore, U.S Marshals hadn't arrived to secure the scene until hours after the body's discovery.
edit on 16-2-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Has the family made a statement yet? They could clear this 'chronic health issues' up by confirming it.

What about the people at the party? Has anyone other than the owner talked to the press yet? I find that a little odd.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Has the family made a statement yet? They could clear this 'chronic health issues' up by confirming it.

What about the people at the party? Has anyone other than the owner talked to the press yet? I find that a little odd.

Nothing from the guests. All that is known of them, is that they are all wealthy...and will remain anonymous.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

It was a private party, guest list as in secret.

None of the invitees paid for the accommodations.

Regards Scalia's health:

Bryan Garner, one of Scalia's close friends and the co-author of two books with the justice, said in an interview that Scalia seemed happy and jovial during recent trips to Hong Kong and Singapore in late January and early February. Garner said Scalia never mentioned anything about heart problems or other ailments during the trip.

"He did seem strong as ever," Garner said. "He was a very strong man physically."

During the trip, Scalia and Garner spent long days traveling, speaking to university audiences about their most recent book on interpreting the law, and meeting with public officials.

Garner said his most recent conversation with Scalia was on Wednesday morning, when the justice told him, "'The world of tennis has lost a great competitor.'" Scalia, long an avid tennis player, said he had torn his rotator cuff for a second time and that his playing days likely were over, Garner said.

But Garner said Scalia never mentioned any other ailments other than that he was dealing with a "head cold."

Yahoo finance news

This is also the only article I've seen that mentions someone other than Sheriff Dominguez:

She (Guevara) said that information came from her conversations with Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez and a U.S. marshal she identified as Ken Roberts, both of whom had seen Scalia's body and determined there was no foul play.
(parenthetical portion added by me)

So I do retract my earlier assertion that there was no federal official on scene until the day following his body being discovered.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I think I remember from assassin school that you are supposed to take the pillow off their head after.

@#&%ing amateurs.

That is funny, the bestest no doubt!

But you're right, it was amateurs. My guess is Bernie Sanders did the job, he's got the claim for the throne, but he's a rabid believer in climate change.
Just four days before the Judge's death, the judge put the knockers on Obama's carbon reduction plan and o'l Bernie would be the most upset. He'll have to start all over again since Obama will soon be heading for Las Vegas for some Bear Grylls. It now seems O'l Bernie's already had some success since he bumped off the judge, because the other wiggies seem to have gone from a 5/4 majority against the carbon endeavour whatever, to an even split or something similar...that's close to a rubber stamp job.
The temperament is there too, Man does o'l Bernie shout a lot, especially when he gets cross!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I thought the body was discovered by Poindexter around noon...and a U.S. Marshall arrived late that afternoon.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Chronic health problems, even of a serious nature, is not proof that he died of natural causes. His death was unattended and he was a key member of the SCOTUS. Hence the need for an autopsy. Not only that, it - under these circumstances - is required by Texas law.

edit on 16-2-2016 by dianajune because: typo

edit on 16-2-2016 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I thought the body was discovered by Poindexter around noon...and a U.S. Marshall arrived late that afternoon.

I think it's important to keep in mind, too, that the public has not heard from Scalia's physician. We've heard what Guevara claims the physician told her, but not from the physician directly. And unless the Estate executor (or administrator) signs off on a medical records' release, we won't be privy to that info for 50 years pursuant to HIPAA privacy laws.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Given her age, that's coming up all too soon.

...and if she dies while on vacation, without an autopsy being performed, or rumours of strange circumstances? If someone doesn't beat me to it, I guarantee I'll be the one who does.

For me, this isn't partisan. I don't care who it is, under these circumstances, it should have been investigated more thoroughly.

That is my only problem with this entire thing. The protocol needs to change.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Chronic health problems, even of a serious nature, is not proof that he died of natural causes. His death was unattended and he was a key member of the SCOTUS. Hence the need for an autopsy. Not only that, it - under these circumstances - is required by Texas law.

No, I just want to know if Scalia's physician did actually tell Guereva this and not some BS the judge made up to explain why there was no autopsy.
edit on 16-2-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

She (Guevara) said that information came from her conversations with Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez and a U.S. marshal she identified as Ken Roberts, both of whom had seen Scalia's body and determined there was no foul play.
(parenthetical portion added by me)

So I do retract my earlier assertion that there was no federal official on scene until the day following his body being discovered.

Careful.

Don't just assume "Cinderela" is truthful.

Between Cinderela, Poindexter and the Sheriff Dominguez, we really don't know what was seen or done by whom or even if the time they "said" they found Scalia is true.

Still no real doctors or even a Medical Examiner there at all ?

edit on Feb-16-2016 by xuenchen because: is a gusher

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

No, I just want to know if Scalia's physician did actually tell Guerva this and not some BS the judge made up to explain why there was no autopsy.

There's nothing anywhere that indicates Cinderella is telling any truth.

Only her well preserved good word.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
Not only that, it - under these circumstances - is required by Texas law.

Care to show us that "Texas Law"?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Indigo5

Given her age, that's coming up all too soon.

Yes...she and Scalia were close friends, even travelling together...It will be another blow to the SCOTUS...I always wondered why she didn't choose to retire with Pres. Obama in office and able to replace her, but I suspect she loves what she does too much and that window where she could retire and be confident that Obama would get a nominee through to replace her is almost closed now...she will hold on into 2017 if God allows.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

For at least the third time in the thread:

Art. 49.04. DEATHS REQUIRING AN INQUEST. (a) A justice of the peace shall conduct an inquest into the death of a person who dies in the county served by the justice if:
(1) the person dies in prison under circumstances other than those described by Section 501.055(b), Government Code, or in jail;
(2) the person dies an unnatural death from a cause other than a legal execution;
(3) the body or a body part of a person is found, the cause or circumstances of death are unknown, and:
(A) the person is identified;
or
(B) the person is unidentified;
(4) the circumstances of the death indicate that the death may have been caused by unlawful means;
(5) the person commits suicide or the circumstances of the death indicate that the death may have been caused by suicide;
(6) the person dies without having been attended by a physician;
(7) the person dies while attended by a physician who is unable to certify the cause of death and who requests the justice of the peace to conduct an inquest; or
(8) the person is a child younger than six years of age and an inquest is required by Chapter 264, Family Code.
(b) Except as provided by Subsection (c) of this section, a physician who attends the death of a person and who is unable to certify the cause of death shall report the death to the justice of the peace of the precinct where the death occurred and request that the justice conduct an inquest.
all emphases mine

Source

Even if 3(a) and/or 4 do not apply, 6 most certainly does.

"Shall" means not optional, in case you are unaware.
edit on 16-2-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: added emphases and more commentary

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
DP

edit on 16-2-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

For at least the third time in the thread:

An inquest does not mean a autopsy is done... so which Texas law states a autopsy must be done?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Even trying to look at this dispassionately....
There appears to be a great deal of design and planning behind this private hunting party...and Quail may not have been the truly intended prey.

1.) Isolated hunting ground (remote hotel)
2.) Minimal witnesses (closed for private function)
3.) Unsecured crime scene/lengthy response time
4.) Incompetent (possibly compromised) response officials
5.) Isolated, unsuspecting, unaccompanied and unprotected prey

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Has it been stated yet that the guy that originally said he found Scalia with a pillow over his head (Poindexter) has now clarified saying it was, "over his head, not over his face", between the top of his head and the headboard?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Hell, I hate having to do this, but it looks like it's crow for me:

From the link:

Art. 49.10. AUTOPSIES AND TESTS. (a) At his discretion, a justice of the peace may obtain the opinion of a county health officer or a physician concerning the necessity of obtaining an autopsy in order to determine or confirm the nature and cause of a death.

So you are correct in stating that an autopsy is not mandated in this particular circumstance.

And the telephone conversations JP Guevara is reported to have engaged in would qualify as an 'inquest' thus leading to her decision to not order an autopsy.

All that being said, people on this website are not the only ones who think that an autopsy should have been performed. Many of those who do are in various law enforcement or investigative agencies.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join