It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalia Death Suspicious "We discovered the judge in bed, a pillow over his head."

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Rather odd for a person in such 'poor' health to be 'vacationing' so far away from work, and home.

Just to keel over like that.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I disagree, it is your guy's choice at the end of the day. Now as far as some one guiding you through that choice, that is a different story.

Wonder how many people saying the family should have no say are the small gov, big brother can't tell me what I can and can not do folks. Because that is what it would be, the gov,albeit local, deciding you don't get a say in what happens to your loved ones body.

Right, we had a doctor trying to cover for a negligent hospital guiding us. Of course the family should have the final say, but they likely needed a lot of encouragement and got none.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Indigo5

So a Judge is now a medical expert that can make solid determinations over the phone.

No...But Scalia's personal Physician is and she spoke to the US Marshalls service on scene (no slouches those guys) and they said no signs of foul play...then she said she wanted to talk to Scalia's personal Physician..

“As part of my investigation one of the things I did ask the sheriff and the U.S. Marshal: ‘Were there any signs of foul play? And they said, ‘Absolutely not.’ At that time, I still wanted to be careful and asked them if [Scalia’s] physician would call me,” Guevara told WFAA.

When Scalia’s doctor called Guevara at 8 p.m. Saturday, she told the station that the doctor told her Scalia “had just visited on Wednesday and Thursday, and [the doctor] had done an MRI, then I felt comfortable what I knew was going on with him physically.” She added to WFAA that Scalia also suffered from several chronic ailments.

“He was having health issues,” Guevara told the Post, adding that she’s waiting for a statement from Scalia’s doctor to add to his death certificate when it’s issued later this week.

www.theblaze.com...

...Two visits? and an MRI right before he went to the ranch? After her talk with his doctor she " felt comfortable what I knew was going on with him physically."

This story likely has some sad facts to follow IMO.

Clear violation of the HIPAA, if true. Yes, the physician could speak with Guevara, but how this info became public is just beyond me.

I am pretty sure that Justice Scalia (at the time deceased) was not required to sign a release in order for his medical information to be shared with someone tasked with investigating his likely cause of death.

Regardless, even if there was a HIPPA violation risk, by then the family had been notified and if release needed to be given they could have easily provided it to the doctor.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I guess my question is, if they wanted to knock him off, why did they wait till he was 79 when he already had one foot in the grave as opposed to say, 16 years ago when he gave us Bush (in Bush vs Gore, where Gore won the popular vote)? If it's some shadowy left-wing group, I would think they would have offed him right after that, before he would've made some other decision which totally got the libs up in arms.

He had always done what they expected him to do.

If he were alive he would still have done what they expected hum to do.

His death is simply more useful, at this time.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So a Judge is now a medical expert that can make solid determinations over the phone.

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Texas Code of Criminal Procedure

Hmmm.

How come you haven't cited the pertinent language yet?

Like where it says they can do all this over a telephone?

It must be in there somewhere.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not saying he was in 'poor health'. You don't have to be bed bound to be prone to a heart attack. If he had high BP or other common issues, he would still be more than able to do what he was doing. Also he wasn't really doing much even, was reading from folks that he was mostly being driven around and got out a couple times but didn't over exert himself by any means.

Not weird at all to me for a successful person to be out on a lush hunting trip.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Sremmos80

Rather odd for a person in such 'poor' health to be 'vacationing' so far away from work, and home.

Just to keel over like that.

This 'poor health' narrative has been extrapolated by the press, from his going to the doctor and getting an MRI about a shoulder injury.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

His door was locked. The Ranch owner had to let himself in and waited until after noon to do so.

What kind of lock? And who had access to keys..

OK...Probable answers to this one:

He locked the door to his hotel room as does everyone else in the civilized world. In fact, in all the hotels I stay the door locks automatically.

What difference does it make what kind of lock it was? Is there a kind of lock used for a room in a lodge that these master assassins wouldn't be able to easily open?

It wouldn't be unusual for someone to sleep through breakfast while on vacation. It didn't become unusual until it was after noon and he still hadn't come out.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

This screams of a seedy gay liason!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

To me you just painted why it should always be in the families decision. Who do you think the people making the decision for you would have talked to? The hospital.

And you can't just make a blanket every death needs one, that would back log the people doing them way to much.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

No...But Scalia's personal Physician is and she spoke to the US Marshalls service on scene (no slouches those guys) and they said no signs of foul play...then she said she wanted to talk to Scalia's personal Physician..

“As part of my investigation one of the things I did ask the sheriff and the U.S. Marshal: ‘Were there any signs of foul play? And they said, ‘Absolutely not.’ At that time, I still wanted to be careful and asked them if [Scalia’s] physician would call me,” Guevara told WFAA.

When Scalia’s doctor called Guevara at 8 p.m. Saturday, she told the station that the doctor told her Scalia “had just visited on Wednesday and Thursday, and [the doctor] had done an MRI, then I felt comfortable what I knew was going on with him physically.” She added to WFAA that Scalia also suffered from several chronic ailments.

“He was having health issues,” Guevara told the Post, adding that she’s waiting for a statement from Scalia’s doctor to add to his death certificate when it’s issued later this week.

www.theblaze.com...

...Two visits? and an MRI right before he went to the ranch? After her talk with his doctor she " felt comfortable what I knew was going on with him physically."

This story likely has some sad facts to follow IMO.

Clear violation of the HIPAA, if true. Yes, the physician could speak with Guevara, but how this info became public is just beyond me.

I am pretty sure that Justice Scalia (at the time deceased) was not required to sign a release in order for his medical information to be shared with someone tasked with investigating his likely cause of death.

Regardless, even if there was a HIPPA violation risk, by then the family had been notified and if release needed to be given they could have easily provided it to the doctor.

Yeah.

That's what I said.

The physician could share with Guevara, and Guevara could likely share with the press. HOWEVER, the physician could never correct anything in the press that might have been reportedly incorrectly or is just plain false due to HIPAA privacy laws.

ETA: Also, you are incorrect. His family could not sign a release. His executor/administrator would be able to but that may take a while to get the paperwork through the probate court.
edit on 15-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I read in another article the owner let himself in through a side door.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Texas Code of Criminal Procedure

Hmmm.

How come you haven't cited the pertinent language yet?

Like where it says they can do all this over a telephone?

It must be in there somewhere.

You were wondering why a Justice of the Peace was involved. I provided you with the answer.

Read it, you might find it interesting ... and I'll bet there's more in there that can be used to throw up more dust ... I mean ... questions.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

To me you just painted why it should always be in the families decision. Who do you think the people making the decision for you would have talked to? The hospital.

And you can't just make a blanket every death needs one, that would back log the people doing them way to much.

I agree with you largely. But I can't imagine anyone presented the family with any argument for considering an autopsy given the fact that Guevara didn't even authorize one.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

LOL! The Obama hate is so real you are now accusing him and his administration of murdering a Supreme Court justice?

A 79 year old man died in his sleep and it's 'suspicious'? Anyone who is 'suspicious' of this or believes it was a murder is absolute lunatic and should seek help immediately.

People younger than 79 years old sometimes 'keel over' out of nowhere. Also, suffocated by a pillow? Really? What a joke.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma

LOL! The Obama hate is so real you are now accusing him and his administration of murdering a Supreme Court justice?

A 79 year old man died in his sleep and it's 'suspicious'? Anyone who is 'suspicious' of this or believes it was a murder is absolute lunatic and should seek help immediately.

People younger than 79 years old sometimes 'keel over' out of nowhere. Also, suffocated by a pillow? Really? What a joke.

I think it's lunacy to come into this forum and say these things to the site's owner.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Because it's the site's owner means you should blindly agree? This person (the owner) is doing more damage than good with this BS.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: alienmma

Oh yes, how dare he put it up for discussion on his own web forum.

Good luck with that argument.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alienmma

I'm pretty sure the LAST thing the site's owner would want is for everyone to blindly agree! LOL!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

There's rational discussions and then there's this. I know you paranoid conspiracy theorists eat it up but people that can think clearly simply don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join